FORUMS

MarsOnEarth

Posted: //
Nov. 18, 2017, 9:06 a.m.

Is there something wrong with this guy/bot? I'm not sure if he's a bot.

Other bots such as Jin Ebisu, Leto Elo and Melville Blanco isn't like this. MarsOnEarth score is always 0 with a lot of feeding

https://puu.sh/yoC6r/20e51c185c.jpg

If he's a bot, please fix his AI or remove him. If he's a player, please ban him

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Nov. 18, 2017, 9:45 a.m.

He is not a bot, bots doesnt have add-Frend icon

Updated //
Nov. 27, 2017, 9:30 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 27, 2017, 9:30 a.m.

Nov. 18, 2017, 10:25 a.m.

Maybe he's just really bad?

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Nov. 18, 2017, 5:10 p.m.

I have seen this guy in several matches. He always plays Otranto and does the same thing every game: he just ascends as high as possible and goes forward, sometimes using his warpdrive, eventually he will hit the map border and will be auto warped back to battle but he just keeps going forward. He does not fire back, uses his shields or uses his other modules. Eventually he will be shot down by the other team. He does absolutely nothing productive and acts like somekind of bot.

Maybe it is somekind of xp/credits farming bot. He just joins games and goes forward the whole time so he doesn't get kicked for inactivity. At the end of the match he will get some xp/credits even though there is no player playing. But that is obviously just my guess.

I do not know if there is somekind of report function but if a developer reads this, pls look into this guys behaviour and statistics and do something about him if you find something thats iffy.

Nov. 18, 2017, 5:55 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-172826)

Maybe he's just really bad?

You can't be that bad, score of 0 in Onslaught? Can't even kill a single assault ship?

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Nov. 18, 2017, 6:45 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 18, 2017, 6:47 p.m.

Guess What?

I Just tested the MarsOnEarth approach. I went into a match with a Fulgora, flew around, never made a shot and didn't even get killed. At the end, with the Battle Bonus and my Elite Bonus I received about 1200 credits, 800 XPs and 30 free XPs. So yes, its actually possible to use farm bots in this game by sending a ship into battles and doing nothing. Which is probably what MarsOnEarth is doing.

PS: To the game map devs, I never saw all the tiny details in map due to me fighting other ships. Great job!

description

Click here to see my Tutorial videos for beginners and Twitch page

Nov. 19, 2017, 1:47 a.m.

For the past couple of hours I was wondering if it would be worth it to use a farm bot. So I did some math and... well, it can be worth the "cheating".

Lets say in a given hour with always returning to hangar as fast as possible after every matches, and queing automatically for matches. I calculate that you can do about 3.333 matches per hour, thus giving you 10 matches for 3 hours of gameplay.

Now using the credits and xp I gained in the match I did in the post above. And taking into acount that every 1 in 2 matches will be a win and have a battle bonus. We can average the credits gained at 1000 credits and XP at 750 per matches with the Elite bonus.

For every 3 hours of farming you will gain 10k credits and 7,5k XPs. In a day, this become 80k credits and 60 XPs. A maxed T3 in average cost 79 credits and 37k XPs. While all of them cost 950k credits and 449k Xps. To unlock all T4 currently it cost an additional 1485k credits and 960k Xps.

In a month you could fully upgrade all of your T3 ships and unlock every T4. I won't do the math for the rest.

In conclusion, for a short time, the farm bot could be worth it to fully upgrade all T3 ships and unlock every T4 or aim at maximasing a couple of T4. But playing normal games can get you the same result in about 1/3 or 1/4 the farming time. Is it worth it, I let you decide and ultimately the devs to tolerate such actions.

description

Click here to see my Tutorial videos for beginners and Twitch page

Nov. 19, 2017, 2:36 a.m.

Daganisoraan#4391 posted (#post-172935)

In conclusion, for a short time, the farm bot could be worth it to fully upgrade all T3 ships and unlock every T4 or aim at maximasing a couple of T4. But playing normal games can get you the same result in about 1/3 or 1/4 the farming time. Is it worth it, I let you decide and ultimately the devs to tolerate such actions.

Actions like this should never be tolerated. I don't care if it worth your time to bot, it is detrimental to other honest players. If you want to bot in Proving ground, fine, but if you join games without intending to contribute, you shouldn't be allowed in

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.