FORUMS

Healer Balance

Posted: //
Nov. 18, 2017, 4:01 p.m.

I'd like to suggest that after 2 healers are present in a game, that diminishing returns of some sort be enacted if a 3rd healer joins the game.

Nothing drastic, just make it a bit more balanced...seems way over powered at this point.

description "The Tiger and the Lion May be Stronger, but The Wolf doesn't perform in The Circus."

Nov. 18, 2017, 4:32 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 18, 2017, 4:33 p.m.

GreyWolf#5751 posted (#post-172907)

I'd like to suggest that after 2 healers are present in a game, that diminishing returns of some sort be enacted if a 3rd healer joins the game.

Nothing drastic, just make it a bit more balanced...seems way over powered at this point.

Apparently there is an officer breefing that makes them quite strong. But they are not unbeatable. It just takes team work and thinking on your feet to beat them. Nukes, drains and purge all make short work of them, if you're smart when using them.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Nov. 18, 2017, 5:18 p.m.

The diminishing return already exists in the form of redundancy. Unless your team is very coordinated, they will rarely actually NEED 3, unless all 3 suck.

Nov. 18, 2017, 6 p.m.

Diminishing return is that they have less fire power?

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Nov. 18, 2017, 6:32 p.m.

More like less healing power, when more than one healer has a beam on a single ship.

Nov. 19, 2017, 1:19 a.m.

Daxten#3759 posted (#post-172920)

More like less healing power, when more than one healer has a beam on a single ship.

Exactly...that'd be perfect.

description "The Tiger and the Lion May be Stronger, but The Wolf doesn't perform in The Circus."

Nov. 19, 2017, 4:55 a.m.

If destroyers arent braindead enough, they just might pick disrupor missile and draincpulse for once or just drain torpedo to finih tacs ith goliath, storms, flashpoints. Since teamwork is hard currently of squad4 and lack of proper comma between randoms, mostly only hope is pure flat out dmg or just hope some guy is actually smart for once

Nov. 19, 2017, 10 a.m.

GreyWolf#5751 posted (#post-172934)

Daxten#3759 posted (#post-172920)

Exactly...that'd be perfect.

That would ruin the game. There's no way you can keep any targets alive vs several enemies. Only way to balance this, is a 5v5 mode.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

Nov. 19, 2017, 3:44 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 19, 2017, 3:49 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-172913)

Apparently there is an officer breefing that makes them quite strong. But they are not unbeatable. It just takes team work and thinking on your feet to beat them. Nukes, drains and purge all make short work of them, if you're smart when using them.

Yeah... Right. There is NO justification to heal camping to the point where it becomes complete antigaming tactics, two healers on the same spot is already too much.

Period.

As for the "team play" thing it only a valid proposition when people can actually talk to each other, Teamspeak or else, and it's just NOT the case today, reason WHY campers are flatering themselves "gg teamplay etc" and the other feeding them XP.

Total delusion. Dishusting, there is NO skills in that, it's not as if i never have been in the camper's side of the game, i hate it but it happened, mainly accidentaly or when i play my Jutland, ultimately it's competely unfasit on the other team.

so now, you have entire teams camping around their Command ships, imagine if BOTH sides were doign the same at the same time...

Nov. 19, 2017, 5:11 p.m.

ThinderChief#9836 posted (#post-172998)

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-172913)

Yeah... Right. There is NO justification to heal camping to the point where it becomes complete antigaming tactics, two healers on the same spot is already too much.

Period.

As for the "team play" thing it only a valid proposition when people can actually talk to each other, Teamspeak or else, and it's just NOT the case today, reason WHY campers are flatering themselves "gg teamplay etc" and the other feeding them XP.

Total delusion. Dishusting, there is NO skills in that, it's not as if i never have been in the camper's side of the game, i hate it but it happened, mainly accidentaly or when i play my Jutland, ultimately it's competely unfasit on the other team.

so now, you have entire teams camping around their Command ships, imagine if BOTH sides were doign the same at the same time...

I see you have still yet to learn how to crack this egg. I have given you the advice on how to do it. It's simple and not hard to do. Maybe your just not good at this game or.maybe your lack of understanding the basics of the game are stopping you from being able to do it.

Going defensive is a perfectly acceptable tactic. As for your onslaught point it's completely invalid as you just go off and kill assault ships and fighters. Good job also TE is no longer in the any queue as this is what TE games where. Set up camp, and hope someone on the other team messed up before yours did.

You don't need a 3rd party VoIP to play this game. I'd you can follow.the map pings and have some tactical awearnes it really only takes 3 people to be on the same page to send a heal bubble in to a death spiral. I've been on teams where it's happened so many times. 90% of the time the healers are so focused on healing, the ignore everything around them. Given so few people can use nukes well they get ignored or because the are behind cover the don't think they can get hit.

Pro tip. Target the ship above the heal beams. The nuke being such will miss 90% of the time meaning you take your best guess and nuke the healers who believe they are perfectly safe and kill the heal ball in one go.

But nah, that's too hard for you. You could not do that could you, you know why? Because you can't think in 3 dimensions. Just because you don't have line of sight dose not mean you can't hit them.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.