FORUMS

Healer Balance

Posted: //
Nov. 19, 2017, 6:05 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 19, 2017, 6:10 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-173000)
But nah, that's too hard for you. You could not do that could you, you know why? Because you can't think in 3 dimensions. Just because you don't have line of sight dose not mean you can't hit them.

Quit the bragging and get a life will you?

You write consistantly as if you were god personified, knew everything and those who lost to this complete antigaming B.S were lesser players than you and you want people to take you seriously?

Get the ekke of my back and stop trying to silence people who point out issues even if you think too high of yourself to admit to reality.

I'm not the only player who tries to brake locks with nukes and so for but eh, apparently, you couldn't recognise your birth certificate if it was wrapped around as brick and hit you between the eyes, all you can see is this cognitive " look how good i am thing", just zip it and let people voice their opinions and concerns.

So i'm going to say it once again, passed that i'll consider your replies as personal attacks, you are starting to boil the ekke out of me, is that understood?

I dont even read your post it's so full of your usual "i know it all" is laughable.

Nov. 19, 2017, 6:09 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 19, 2017, 6:12 p.m.

Here is a very good example of the abuse of game mechanics, my team and i tried everything and i was the only one able to down one of the ealers with a banzai move on a Vigo.

Other than that they heal too fast to be killed, nukes of no nukes, and we carpet bombed their spots with nukes.

So all the "do this do that" sayers can pack it up, there is a real, ungoing issue to besolved.

My team mate comments says it all.

https://i.imgur.com/KhdMRaw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6ThphZi.jpg

Nov. 19, 2017, 6:32 p.m.

ThinderChief#9836 posted (#post-173002)

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-173000)
But nah, that's too hard for you. You could not do that could you, you know why? Because you can't think in 3 dimensions. Just because you don't have line of sight dose not mean you can't hit them.

Quit the bragging and get a life will you?

You write consistantly as if you were god personified, knew everything and those who lost to this complete antigaming B.S were lesser players than you and you want people to take you seriously?

Get the ekke of my back and stop trying to silence people who point out issues even if you think too high of yourself to admit to reality.

I'm not the only player who tries to brake locks with nukes and so for but eh, apparently, you couldn't recognise your birth certificate if it was wrapped around as brick and hit you between the eyes, all you can see is this cognitive " look how good i am thing", just zip it and let people voice their opinions and concerns.

So i'm going to say it once again, passed that i'll consider your replies as personal attacks, you are starting to boil the ekke out of me, is that understood?

I dont even read your post it's so full of your usual "i know it all" is laughable.

Mate I think I'm average at best, at very best. The bottom line is you or your team are doing something wrong. I'm not trying to silence you I'm trying to help you, but your too stubborn or stupid to see it. Did I say my tactics work 100% of the time? No I didn't but they work more than they fail.

My guess is you where too busy swearing at your team and everyone else to play effectively, it's your known form. The simple fact is your probably not that good at the game, and you think you can not possibly be at fault so it's the game and everyone else thats at fault. You can't win every game, accept it and own it. Then start playing the meta game. Look at how to beat it. Out side of the game. And go from there. It's true for every game like this.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Nov. 19, 2017, 7:24 p.m.

Hi all, returning newb here o7

Not sure about the OP's idea, but his reasoning is solid in my opinion. The issue isn't so much the fact that to take a target down you first have to deal with their healer, but the fact that if there's 2 or 3 then you just can't. It's an endless triangle of heals, even focus-firing has little effect on taking any of them down. Even with the most ideal of circumstances it's a monumental challenge.

But let's say you only have 1 or 2 ships trying to achieve it and somehow beat the odds, you STILL have 2 more healers causing the same issue to a slightly lesser degree. By the time you manage take out another, the first one you killed will have returned. All of this is of course assuming you have the skill and no small amount of luck to avoid dying yourself in the process.

On an unrelated note about the forums- You guys STILL have spambots plaguing the place!?!? How long has that been going on? This was a problem when I played last YEAR!

Nov. 19, 2017, 9:33 p.m.

Gamatech#6679 posted (#post-173005)

Not sure about the OP's idea, but his reasoning is solid in my opinion. The issue isn't so much the fact that to take a target down you first have to deal with their healer, but the fact that if there's 2 or 3 then you just can't. It's an endless triangle of heals, even focus-firing has little effect on taking any of them down. Even with the most ideal of circumstances it's a monumental challenge.

You can, it's difficult, more difficult than 2 healers healing each other for sure, but you can. The key is to hit the priority target and get your team to do the same.

Today I played a game where enemy team has 2 healers, me and another player used 2 stribogs and we cut through their formation gloriously. We signaled and focused fire, we cycled modules on each target and covered each other. Best part is that we were not even in squad.

Now provided that both of us are pretty experienced, I can say that newer players won't be able to do that. So is this a problem? Yes, but it is more of a learn to play problem than a balance problem. This kind of thing exists so that you can learn to cooperate with each other.

There was a time when healers were really rare, and I never knew how my team looked like at that time, I just charge forward and either destroy everything, or die.

If you want to destroy heal ball, tartarus + nuke (goliath, missile salvo or catapult) is needed. If your team does not carry that combo, well, tough luck

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Nov. 20, 2017, 6:41 a.m.

Nerf everything and call it Hello Kittynaught.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

Nov. 20, 2017, 8:27 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 20, 2017, 8:29 a.m.

Gamatech#6679 posted (#post-173005)

Hi all, returning newb here o7

But let's say you only have 1 or 2 ships trying to achieve it and somehow beat the odds, you STILL have 2 more healers causing the same issue to a slightly lesser degree. By the time you manage take out another, the first one you killed will have returned. All of this is of course assuming you have the skill and no small amount of luck to avoid dying yourself in the process.

On an unrelated note about the forums- You guys STILL have spambots plaguing the place!?!? How long has that been going on? This was a problem when I played last YEAR!

And you'll always have the geniuses who will tell you it's a doddle, LOL.

The whole point being, it's completely denying the level of skills of other players than to pretend that it is not an issue, it IS, it have been for a long time and we're not the first nor the last to point it out.

Oh do i like lectures, blah-di-blah and "how to", as if i never managed to kill a healer or never was in the "right" side of the equation, this mentality negates the whole idea of mobility in the game, completely static.

Point being, take two of them, even corvettes dont have the firepower to take them down when they heal each other and in some game there aren't two but three, so carpet nuke their area, rush them, fire two set of different missiles plus gun them at point blank range, if the link between the target and the other ealer isn't broken at some point, forget about it.

So coming in such topics with blah-di-blah sound a lot more like egotriping and chest banging than actually addressing the issues in hand. the talkers weren't in our games.

Heal camping kills the game, ENTIRE teams, including sometimes vettes, sniper and destroyers CAMPS around healers rendering the whole purpose of giving mobility to any of thosae ships moot.

Here, antigaming purfected from the word go...

https://i.imgur.com/eyi6PMG.jpg

Nov. 20, 2017, 9:10 a.m.

ThinderChief#9836 posted (#post-173463)
snip

I have an Idea. Go google "are games balanced for the competitive or majority". Do you want me to save you the time? Games are balanced for the top end of players. In EVERY game it is assumed that if you want to play the PvP part of game you want to be competitive. In every game the Devs decide a baseline. In this game T4 was that line.

Now its assumed that if you want to play at T4 you want to be playing competitive matches. That means you want people to bring there "A game". You want people to be creative in there builds, you also want people to out think each other, you want builds and counter builds. Threads like this are not uncommon, every game has the X is OP/needs adjusting. 90% of the time it's the people who are not very good at the game who want these things. the other 10% the Devs did get a little over zealot in there vision of what X should be.

But if you look at any competitive PvP game out there, the game is balanced for there top tier players. This is even more so true if you want your game to end up in the ESL. sure they do balance up dates every now and then just to shake things up and to keep it entertaining.

The bottom line is this. This game has divisions. If you can't take the heat in a division stay out of it.

It's the same reason many games have ranked and unranked PvP. the "hardcore" players have the challenge of ranked play and the snowflakes have unranked where they can stay away from the mean people of ranked who are better than they are.

Sadly this game dose not have that. Maybe this is something you should be asking the Devs. can you have a nice safe space like recruit for the people who feel the game is too difficult at T3/4. Maybe then we can stop with all the "nurf everything because I can't beat it so it must be OP threads."

It's like in Guild wars 2, when they have league play I know I'm a middle to top end of Gold division player. Sometimes I move up to platinum, but when I do I get the snot kicked out of me, and I'm back in gold. I'm fully aware that just because there are platinum and Legendary divisions dose not mean I should be playing there. those guys are above my skill level. maybe Veteran matches are above yours.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Nov. 21, 2017, 1:32 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 21, 2017, 1:42 a.m.

We've been beating the horse of balancing heals for months now but stil no word from devs to see if they are even considering it. I'm guessing they are going to try to ignore it for as long as possible until they start losing revenue.

As of now the only people who dont seem to care about it are dread primaries who enjoy playing peek a boo with a tac keeping them practically invincible while they spam modules. I'm thinking belial is one of these. As he never submits any feedback only to 'change tactics' yet anyone who has ever seen a 4x tier 4 tac huddle knows its nigh impossible to break no matter what you throw at it.

Especially with dreads and dessies sat unmoving right on top of them as they hide in a ditch. Not to mention the abuse of the ally blink (needs to be a min range on this to stop abuse of people blinking right back into the same spot they were in just to avoid being attacked on a flank) whenever they actually do get in trouble, such as soon as they are drained.

I know the dread pilots especially will scream nukes but no nukes damage are instantly erased less than 1 second after the explosion in most scenarios. Nukes are way too imprecise and to pull off an actual kill I'd say you would need no less than 1x dread with tartarus and 2x dread with module amped missile salvo that coordinate their strikes within 1/2 second of each other. Then you *MAY be able to clear it out.

Nov. 21, 2017, 1:48 a.m.

Was in a match today on the opposite end of a heal triangle. It's very difficult to break them. We would manage to get a few kills but they definitely won that battle.

Have to agree with the OP, with the guy screaming, "Learn to Play" is frustrating. These games don't take much skill. They need a little team work and when no one is talking, which is most PUGS, it's just a free for all.

These heal circles need a bit of a tweak whether it's less heals or less per beam on a target. Something.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.