FORUMS

Returning player here, matchmaker still broken

Posted: //
Nov. 18, 2017, 7:39 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 21, 2017, 7:40 p.m.

So after 8 months decided to try this game again and within a day the same glaring issues that caused me to quit reared their ugly heads:

• Matchmaker is rubish

As much as I enjoy losing every game the cherry on top is the complete seal clubbing that goes on....

• The grind from T3 to T4

Again losing each match doesn't help here either but the grind is crazy and the cost of GP is way to high. I'm not going to spend any money on this game... its just not fun enough.

• The bugs

Devs are working on it no doubt but they're sure taking their sweet time...

Nov. 18, 2017, 8:19 p.m.

The only grind issue I have is the lack of Legendary matches. T3 to T4 is pretty quick if you ask me. But everyone to his own I guess.

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Nov. 19, 2017, 4:59 a.m.

The only.major bugs would be infinite load happening once in a minute and some module fixes that are currently not working.
MM is currently from wall to he wall giving you sometimes unbalanced and op.match up with squads, so a few tweeks are prop needed yet again - there is alway something to whine about.

Nov. 21, 2017, 7:59 p.m.

As a fairly average player really not sure why I keep getting put against the same teams over and over.

After losing badly to the same bunch of guys why does matchmaker keep putting the same set of bad players up against good players?

I feel forced to quit and queue for a different match, which again is sucking the fun out this game...

Nov. 22, 2017, 6:10 a.m.

Well as you I returned to the game after a very big break had the same MM problem which I knew due to lesser players and most who play have gone way past me. I don't mind the grind just need to get in par with the rest of the base currently I'm using "proving grounds" or is it the other way around. Any way just using that to level my self up as fast as I can.

I can rip the matches using my Morningstar but I prefer to be well equipped what I like and to use normal ships when I don't need a money grind.

Nov. 22, 2017, 6:52 a.m.

Frankly, since 1.9.1, I no longer see an issue in matches of T3 vs T4 unless that's the entire team composition, like six T3s vs five T5s. But on a balanced match, lets say three T4s, three T3s, the usual T2 (I wish they weren't there but oh well) and a bot. I have often been on the top of the scoreboard with a T3.

The increase by 700m for T3s artillery cruiser is incredible and gives them an advantage over other ships. And for the destroyer and dreadnought the increased optimal range also makes a big difference.

Sure there are still problem with T4 vettes vs lower tier ships/inexperienced players and heal ball. But I don't see a problem between T3 and T4.
As for losing matches, well it doesn't make a big difference in this game. Winning only gives you 25% more XP and credits based of the starting amount you get after a match. The starting amount of XP and credits you get based on your score and how you performed in a match has way more impact.

description

Click here to see my Tutorial videos for beginners and Twitch page

Nov. 22, 2017, 8:34 a.m.

If you to follow the forum, you'd know that now is not the time to get back into this game.

I'm waiting patiently for the game to be at least as stable as it was prior to 1.8.2 patch.

Also, from what I'm reading - legendary mode is now nearly dead (it was still flourishing when I uninstalled the game). Only now it's not because people don't have t5 ships (now legendary mode allows people with t4s to join in without having a t5) - but because all of the experienced players have left the game for good.

In other words, like I said - now is not the time to get back into this game. Wait for the beta phase to be over and developers start working on stabilizing the system and removing the 100 bugs they've introduced with each new 'patch'.

In other words, wait for another 3-4 years - haha

Nov. 22, 2017, 8:56 a.m.

maximmm#5966 posted (#post-173949)

If you to follow the forum, you'd know that now is not the time to get back into this game.

I'm waiting patiently for the game to be at least as stable as it was prior to 1.8.2 patch.

Also, from what I'm reading - legendary mode is now nearly dead (it was still flourishing when I uninstalled the game). Only now it's not because people don't have t5 ships (now legendary mode allows people with t4s to join in without having a t5) - but because all of the experienced players have left the game for good.

In other words, like I said - now is not the time to get back into this game. Wait for the beta phase to be over and developers start working on stabilizing the system and removing the 100 bugs they've introduced with each new 'patch'.

In other words, wait for another 3-4 years - haha

Yeah, by that time this might die with out players to test. This game is still in beta they need players to test the game so they can move on and do the stabilizing the game. If now one play the game in real world servers they won't be able to see the bugs so they won't fix them in the end they we will have a game full of bugs and unstable. Which will lead to the same problem game is now in it's better do it in one phase at a time.

And well as far as I know no software (game is a software) is ever stable.

Nov. 22, 2017, 4:29 p.m.

Matchmaking is great, and works well in this game.
Even if ship tiers are not equal on both sides - every match is well-balanced by player skill (or ELO, if someone knows the term).
Besides, t3-t4 grind is no longer a problem, since all t3 ships got buffed, an is better than t3 in some aspects.
Screenshot shows perfectly how t3 ships is as good as t4 atm.

So if you still got "seal clubbed" after matchmaker and ships balance update - its obviously your skill issue.

Nov. 22, 2017, 5:58 p.m.

On the topic of all of this have you ever tried getting into a game of Team Elimination? Well it's literally impossible. I've tried waiting for over 10 minutes at different times of the day and it never works. The devs said that if you waited for over a certain amount of time they would automatically fill the empty slots with AIs but clearly that isn't the case. It's a shame because I actually liked Team Elimination...

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.