- What is Dreadnought?
- Dreadnought is a free-to-play, aerial armada action game. The game puts players at the helm of enormous spacecraft inspired by iconic science fiction movies and television shows. Players will assume the role of a starship captain and customize their ships to guarantee dominance/success as they soar the skies battling opposing spacecraft.
- Free To Play
- Dreadnought will be free to download and play. However, the game will have a unique monetization model. We don't believe in nickel and diming players and we are not supportive of the “Pay to Win" philosophy. We want to release a game that everyone can enjoy regardless of the size of their pocketbook, and also have a say in the future development of.
- What does Aerial Armada Action mean?
- Think GIANT LASER BATTLESHIPS in space. Players will attempt to outmaneuver their opponents to create strategic advantages across the battlefield, all while managing energy between weapons, engines, and shields. Players will also have control over a primary and secondary weapon, as well as a handful of abilities that can help turn the tide against your enemies.
- How will I be able to customize my ship?
- There are a number of ways that customization works in the game. At a very base level, you will be able to select a ship chassis that serves as the foundation for your customization. From there, you will be able to mix and match abilities and crew members to help further define your ship's role on the battlefield.
There will also be a number of strictly cosmetic customization options available for captains who wish to seek glory with style.
- Will I be able to dogfight in a fighter ship?
- The core vision of Dreadnought focuses on larger, capital class ships. Think more Jean Luc than Luke.
However, we haven't ruled it out for certain game modes.
- Will I be able to fight in space?!
- Yes, of course! There will be numerous battlefields set both in planet atmospheres and in space.
- Who is making Dreadnought?
- Dreadnought's developer is Yager, whose staff pedigree includes games like “Spec Ops: The Line" and the upcoming “Dead Island 2". Yager cut their teeth on another aerial combat game entitled, “Yager." The development of Dreadnought is proof of their continued commitment to the genre and love of giant spacecraft.
The game is being published by Grey Box.
- How many players can play Dreadnought at the same time?
- In our Team Deathmatch mode 10 players face off against one another in a 5v5 quest for Aerial domination over the skies of exotic worlds, or in the cold black void of space. We also are continuing to examine different game modes currently in development and the number of players they will support.
- Will Dreadnought have a single player campaign?
- Absolutely! Dreadnought will have an episodic, single player campaign mode that allows players to explore the galaxy and engage in legendary space battles against the best captains the solar system has to offer. This EPIC space adventure features the writing of legendary comic book writer Dan Abnett (Guardians of the Galaxy, Warhammer 40K) whose narrative ties the campaign together and brings the Dreadnought universe to life. Players can also freely roam the solar system to their heart's content. Space pirates everywhere are officially on notice.
- Will you be doing any kind of public testing for Dreadnought?
- Details on the public beta are still forthcoming. We will update this FAQ the moment signups become available.
- What platforms will Dreadnought release on?
- We have only announced support for PC at this time.
- When will Dreadnought be released?
- Dreadnought is currently targeted to release in 2015.
- How much will Dreadnought cost when it is released?
- Dreadnought will cost nothing to download and play. Pricing on individual cosmetic components as well as episodes of the campaign are still being determined.
- What are the minimum hardware requirements for Dreadnought?
- Dreadnought will take full use of Unreal Engine 4, and optimizations are still underway. As such, we're not ready to announce minimum specs at this time. However, we can share that DirectX 11 will be required to play the game. As we move closer to a public testing phase we'll be sure to share more specific information with you!
- How can I participate in the Dreadnought Community?
We welcome you with open arms to our Official Message Boards! Meet new people, discuss everything Dreadnought related and interact with the Yager, the Dev Team. https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/
Also, join us on our social media channels and spread the word to your friends! We welcome all feedback and can't wait to soar the skies with you.