FORUMS

Some things I am learning from WoWarships that I hope Dreadnought does better

Posté: //
16 Octobre 2015 18:33

Mis à jour //
16 Octobre 2015 18:35

I am a huge fan of World of Warships! But I hope Dreadnought does it better.

-The grind in WoW is atrocious. Getting from Tier 7 to Tier 8 could take 70+ matches- at 15 minutes a match or more that is a ton of grind. I wouldn't mind the grind as long as I was continually upgrading my hull, but after a few xp purchases the ship is done, and the grind begins.

I want Dreadnought to have a continual leveling system, with bigger and better goals to keep us engaged. But PLEASE don't make the grind long UNLESS you continually give us goodies to add to our ship!

-Ship customization in WoW is very limited. I know that this is partly because of balanced gameplay, but I want to really be able to add cool things to my ships! I hope Dreadnought gives us lots and lots of stuff to change the playstyle of each ship. I know this makes balancing a chore though.

-Map rotation in WoW is horrible. The maps are repetitive. PLEASE give us TONS of balanced maps. In Tribes 2 (one of my other favorite games) the community could make maps- that could be an excellent addition and help keep the map rotation fresh and fun! Balance is the key...

My fingers are really crossed for this game! I hope it is absolutely AWESOME!

18 Octobre 2015 20:08

You bring out some solid points. I'm sure developers have taken this into consideration. However the sad fact is that such matters become clear at launch or change later. Again a subject where developer input would be very interesting to read.

Show signatures? < NO

19 Octobre 2015 07:33

PANDA#7415 posted (#post-8251)

You bring out some solid points. I'm sure developers have taken this into consideration. However the sad fact is that such matters become clear at launch or change later. Again a subject where developer input would be very interesting to read.

We have a Dev Stream sooon, so there it is our chance =)

Also we, as community, can and should point out what are the features we would like to see and what not before the game come out. In that regard Bear post is, imho, very good: for example he know that grind will be a part of the game, but he point out what grinding level is not acceptable for him.

19 Octobre 2015 18:27

Would it be possible for someone to post it later to Youtube? I know I will be working during the livestream (I live in Alabama) and will miss the entire thing if it is at 1pm CST.

20 Octobre 2015 00:30

Bear#2153 posted (#post-8294)

Would it be possible for someone to post it later to Youtube? I know I will be working during the livestream (I live in Alabama) and will miss the entire thing if it is at 1pm CST.

They will probably have a VOD posted on Twitch after a couple of hours so keep an eye out smile

Dreadnought Testers - Chat & VoIP

20 Octobre 2015 15:50

Wobbley#8100 posted (#post-8297)

Bear#2153 posted (#post-8294)

They will probably have a VOD posted on Twitch after a couple of hours so keep an eye out smile

What he said. AND, they will upload the video on their Youtube channel, later (https://www.youtube.com/user/playdreadnought)

20 Octobre 2015 17:08

Excellent! I am now subscribed- thanks Dedadude smile

21 Octobre 2015 03:56

Well, if a game earns money with, among other things, boosters, then the grind being atrocious is kind of part of it's business model.
It's extremely challenging to keep creating enough content for people to continuously have something to buy that isn't numbers.
We'll see.

We need "Alpha" and "Beta" Camo Patterns! Just plaster the Word all over the ships hull in various sizes and angles !
Link: Artillery Overview

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.