FORUMS

Why would I ever want to buy Battle Bonus?

Posté: //
14 Janvier 2018 16:13

Mis à jour //
14 Janvier 2018 16:13

Let's say I play 4 matches per hour and I play 3 hours a day, that's 12 matches total.

Scenario: I don't pay for BB and I just use the free cooldowns:

1. Free BB
  2. Nothing
  3. Free BB
  4. Nothing
  5. Free BB
  6. Nothing
  7. Free BB
  8. Nothing
  9. Free BB
  10. Nothing
  11. Free BB
  12. Nothing
  13. Free BB

Now the scenario where I would pay for BB:

1. Free BB
  2. Paid BB
  3. Paid BB (because CD is 10m, even after the paid BB )
  4. Paid BB
  5. Paid BB
  6. Paid BB
  7. Paid BB
  8. Paid BB
  9. Paid BB
  10. Paid BB
  11. Paid BB
  12. Paid BB
  13. Paid BB

So while someone that doesn't pay, get 50% free BB (at least in veteran), the one paying, get's only the first BB for free, otherwise you still end up with a 10m CD, despite buying.

Implement BB charges, so that you can buy 1 charge when you're at 0/2 (for example, non elite player). This way you can still use the CD timer to reach 2/2 during a match.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

14 Janvier 2018 16:31

Because your supposed to play recruit and legendary while vet is on cool down? I mean that's the idea right? But yeah why would you pay for it. It makes zero sense, unless your chasing that first win of the day.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

14 Janvier 2018 17:33

To be honest, this is something I could get behind. What I understand you are trying to argue for, is that upon buying battle bonus, the initial cooldown that you have exhausted doesn't just go away. It continues counting down so if you play another match in the mean time and use your paid battle bonus, it will be possible that by the time you exit the match, your inherent unpaid battle bonus will have come off cooldown. This would make it much more viable for players without elite status to consistantly buy battle bonus while still getting something back in credits.

With the current system, it was argued that you could switch back and forth between fleets to get your battle bonus back faster if you didn't want to pay. However, at least from my experience, there really hasn't been any reason to do so. Once you have gotten a Tier 4 ship, and have veteran status on all of your Recruit ships, you gain nothing other than maybe 1000 credits at most by playing a game in recruit unless you want to pay to transfer to Free XP off your recruit ships. Ship XP earned on those ships cannot be used to help level the later tiers (without paying to transfer to free XP as previously mentioned), and the credit/free xp rewards are insignificant when compared to what you could earn by playing Veteran even without battle bonus. While I understand that in a free to play game, the game supports itself specifically by pushing players to spend money on in-game currency and items, there really just doesn't seem to be a point to the system that the developers have pushed for switching back and forth in fleets to renew battle bonus.

Thus, unless a change to make playing your various fleets more meaningful when you have nothing left to grind in them gets implimented, allowing players to not have to purchase battle bonus absolutely every time in order to just stay in a fleet would be nice.

description

14 Janvier 2018 21:30

Just remove BB altogether and up the reward.

I will play Recruit and Veteran when I want to, forcing me to play with BB cooldown just make me mad (and I'm still not playing Recruit)

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

15 Janvier 2018 09:41

Mis à jour //
15 Janvier 2018 09:43

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-205707) said:

Because your supposed to play recruit and legendary while vet is on cool down?

Poor solution, as Legendary matches don't exist, and playing recruit just makes me feel bad now. I know you wern't seriously advocating that as a solution, just stating my personal issue with it.

As for the Battle Bonus, I just play the matches. It's not "worth it" to buy, so my vet matches just flip back and forth by having it. Gets mildly annoying if I have a really good match without it, then get murdered in the next match with it but that's just how it goes.

15 Janvier 2018 10:03

Daxten#3759 posted (#post-205807) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-205707) said:

Because your supposed to play recruit and legendary while vet is on cool down?

Poor solution, as Legendary matches don't exist, and playing recruit just makes me feel bad now. I know you wern't seriously advocating that as a solution, just stating my personal issue with it.

As for the Battle Bonus, I just play the matches. It's not "worth it" to buy, so my vet matches just flip back and forth by having it. Gets mildly annoying if I have a really good match without it, then get murdered in the next match with it but that's just how it goes.

Legendary matches do happen, atlest on PC I know I've played them. But with that said, they are time dependant.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

15 Janvier 2018 12:50

I know they litterally exist, they just functionally don't due to the miniscule number of players that have T5 ships.

It's a problem that's solved with more players, but with a multi-month long grind to unlock a single T5 ship it's a long slog.

15 Janvier 2018 12:56

It is indeed. I have 2 my self, I'm working on the 3rd. I Have all T4's bar the Nox. That's all with 2 week's of elite from may last year.

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.