FORUMS

Healing Is What Allowed Me To Enjoy The Game

Posté: //
14 Avril 2018 21:16

When I started playing, during the recruit stages, there wasn't a large disparity between the ships and their modules. Upon entering veteran, my tier 3 ships were very underpowered and didn't give me a good opportunity to learn the game e.g. the good places in the maps to stage tactics and how all these ships and their modules fit together. Bring in the Oberon Ceres. Not only was I able to protect ships around me, but I could also manage my energy and stay alive long enough to feel moderately successful and learn about the different modules I was using and those being used against me. Instead of dying right away I had time to absorb and learn the game and level up a few other ships in the process so that they could be playable too. Without this ship I am not sure I would still be playing the game today.

Come join me @ Twitch

15 Avril 2018 17:20

Thank you ,I think thats what I will do, play a med ship for awhile. I feel like I've been playing well with the dest and dreads but can't seem to get in that top five spot. I like the game and don't want to quit but very frustrated.

15 Avril 2018 19:48

Gentlemen,

I completely agree that healing is the best way to learn the game. Everything from module use, to energy wheel, to callouts. Even better if you get in the beta-tested discord and squad up for some coordination. Healing as it currently stands is an excellent way for new players to get into the game, and feel like they can contribute in fleets with experienced players.

Most importantly healing teaches you situational awareness, and mini-map awareness. Some of the most critical skills in PvP.

-DT

"Dreadnought is an amazing game. What makes it amazing you ask? It's the creators who took the time to create modules, officer briefs, and variations in ships that allow a counter for everything, and more importantly different levels of counters. It's like an authentic wargame played in real time where a person's decisions, coordination, and communication with their teammates are an essential component to gameplay that is just as important as piloting their ship. The key to winning is getting in discord, squading up, and working together. Anyone can do it, but few choose to do so." -DeathToll007

16 Avril 2018 02:49

LYB-DeathToll007#8196 posted (#post-217955) said:

Most importantly healing teaches you situational awareness, and mini-map awareness. Some of the most critical skills in PvP.

-DT

Playing the game teaches you this. It just depends on how fast you pick it up. One class will not teach it faster than another.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

16 Avril 2018 03:22

Basically what this translates to is that I need to be the most OP ship in the game for me to enjoy and learn it. If i dont have the most OP ship in the game Im not going to be playing the game.

Healers in this game is beyond ridiculous, you will not find another game with any bs healers remotely close to this. The game is will be much better without them.

Please dont just blindly follow the standard formula for any MOBA with dps, tank, support/healers.

16 Avril 2018 04:36

zaftgun#7743 said:

Please dont just blindly follow the standard formula for any MOBA with dps, tank, support/healers.

MOBA did not start this design, this is a design used by almost every RPG/MMO ever made. It was probably started many moons ago by D&D, You know the pen and paper kind.

Healer in there current form Do need adjusting, and they are going to be. That will not change. But the Dev's need to be carful because altering healers too much will make the slow ships less populer and they lose the ability to take damage as they are designed to do.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

16 Avril 2018 15:31

zaftgun#7743 posted (#post-217961) said:

Basically what this translates to is that I need to be the most OP ship in the game for me to enjoy and learn it. If i dont have the most OP ship in the game Im not going to be playing the game.

Healers in this game is beyond ridiculous, you will not find another game with any bs healers remotely close to this. The game is will be much better without them.

Please don't misinterperet my post. What we are dealing with is players with many different skill levels and style of play. On top of that there are many types and levels of ships that as you've so astutely pointed out can be used in combination for different effects. I was not suggesting that enjoyment begins when one jumps in the potato with adrenaline shot and clings to a dreadnought. Please don't apply casual reductionism as it is not a legitimate argument. I continue to use the Oberon tactical cruiser, the Aion, and I am usually by my lonesome out there setting up my pods and often rushing lone ships when the opportunity arises. Naturally if other ships want to see the logic in my efforts they jump in for the ride and I'm more than happy to help them. This is no blindness as we all have to play the way we enjoy or feel the most successful with. I don't know what a MOBA is and don't play a wide variety of games (I don't even use discord). While I understand you want to win and I have no idea what tactics you are using at this point to do so, I can't understand why you would choose to slam something that allows a higher player pool and gives people a challenge to work on. I can understand the heal-stacking for the potato can be quite a challenge and would benefit from a "nerfed" graduated application, to say the game is better without tactical cruisers is very narrow-sighted.

Come join me @ Twitch

16 Avril 2018 15:49

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-217959) said:

LYB-DeathToll007#8196 posted (#post-217955) said:

-DT

Playing the game teaches you this. It just depends on how fast you pick it up. One class will not teach it faster than another.

I must disagree with you on the "one class" part of your post. I, for one, did not learn as much playing other ships as I did the oberon tactical line. I can assure you many of us stuck with ships that made us successful so we could level up our fleet and expand into other classes. I can't imagine someone choosing round-robin style match after match but I'm sure there are a few who do!

Come join me @ Twitch

20 Avril 2018 15:06

As a very new player, (I have played enough to unlock tier 2 ships) I am rapidly comeing to the conclusion that I will not progress beyone tier 2 and just sit in recruit. I have no desire to play against people, I find playing against MUCH better players not fun. Yes I know that this game is not ment for players like me and I am not being a good team player by denying much better players an easy target. My time for gaming is (for me) time to have fun and unwind from real life. Would love to see Co-Op extended through all tiers. I see from some of the answers on various topics that the usual "spice" of PvP is prelevant in this game as well.

Cirran

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.