FORUMS

Why does nobody play the objective

Posté: //
20 Avril 2018 07:27

no one defends or attacks command ships (except the enemy team it seems).it's so frustrating to constantly have team mates who play onslaught as if it's TDM just allowing the command ship to be taken out within the first minute.

it just feels like there's no teamwork in most matches

20 Avril 2018 08:13

My guess is it's less exciting. You're basicaly just following a really slow ship waiting for the enemy to come at you rather than hunting for enemies. You'll be anchored to it and the enemies going after it will kill you first so it won't be helping your score much. Plus as you mentioned, player's unwilingness to defend it means you'll likely be on your own.

20 Avril 2018 11:53

You dont do points by defending it or killing enemies nearby. But killing the enemy Commandship or Assaultships does grant you lots of points. Since grind is a pretty big thing in this game, ppl wont play for objectives, but for the most efficient way to get points (in onslought killing npc ships, in tdm doing the healcluster). Scoring needs an overhaul, just as Commandships.

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

20 Avril 2018 12:59

Also, the command ship is such an easy kill that one is better off plucking that cherry as soon as possible less the futile effort of trying to keep one in the game.

Come join me @ Twitch

20 Avril 2018 13:33

Mis à jour //
20 Avril 2018 13:33

1. It's less exciting, going against human players is more fun, the reason people still play it over TD might for many just be that it's the first choice.
  2. It might turn out to become a waste of time if you won't be able to destroy it or do a lot of damage.
  3. The final blow might get done by an AI ship, which means 0 points for you.

With that said, I myself always fly towards the Command Ship to try to destroy it once I see it.

20 Avril 2018 13:46

Spartan337#6531 posted (#post-218394) said:

As said befor, cause the points. You get 300 for the commndship and 22 for an assault. Only 100 for a real Player. Its much easyier to gain points for direct attac on ki . You get nothing for d3f3nse!! Dev should give points for killing targets nearby the assaultship. But in two diffrent ways . 1. You are near cs and Not the enemy 2. The enemy is near cs and not you

This would help to Play more the objectiv

Yeah, no points for defense gives little incentive to protect it. They should definitely add points for it.

20 Avril 2018 13:48

Mis à jour //
20 Avril 2018 13:48

Giving points for defense would only slow down the gameplay. TCs in some ways give you points for defending, which is enough.

20 Avril 2018 13:52

One silly thing is that Command Ship healthbar doesn't increase with with match tiers, even though player ships get increased DPS and HP.

20 Avril 2018 14:17

a command ship that undergunned is asking for trouble. may as well call it the jutland command ship

20 Avril 2018 19:12

The game is set up for the more you kill, the more XP and credits you get= the faster you level. The only meaningful XP gained by a support roll is healing. No point in protecting if you want to progress.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.