FORUMS

'Introducing Retrofits' Discussion Thread

Posté: //
29 Juin 2018 18:35

Kurt_Hustle#0982 posted (#post-222809) said:

Customizable hangar was teased about in a stream a few weeks ago (no pics, it has just been talked about).

I'm pretty sure it was the UI in the hangar, not the hangar itself. Like the bar at the top could change colors or have camo on it and things like that. If that is the case, I hope it is free or unlockable stuff because I wouldn't pay real money for something only I can see.

Join the Community Discord!

https://discord.gg/uvUsYP

29 Juin 2018 20:53

Introducing Retfrofits or: How to Increase Your Ship's Hitbox Even More.

29 Juin 2018 21:19

Hypervolt#4192 posted (#post-222801) said:

WaveRider#4219 posted (#post-222797) said:

Customization is great - expensive customization is useless!

Can't make money if you price too high; I wonder which direction Greybox will choose?

I'd imagine they won't be any more expensive than coatings, and I see more people with coatings than without. I've had over 2,000gp in my account and have never spent a penny on the game.

have you spent any, or just accumulated it?

29 Juin 2018 22:10

Mis à jour //
29 Juin 2018 22:10

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-222820) said:

Hypervolt#4192 posted (#post-222801) said:

WaveRider#4219 posted (#post-222797) said:

Customization is great - expensive customization is useless!

Can't make money if you price too high; I wonder which direction Greybox will choose?

I'd imagine they won't be any more expensive than coatings, and I see more people with coatings than without. I've had over 2,000gp in my account and have never spent a penny on the game.

have you spent any, or just accumulated it?

I got all of it from the in game achievements that reward GP. Two of them reward 500. I have spent about half

29 Juin 2018 22:11

Lando Calrissian#2323 posted (#post-222819) said:

Introducing Retfrofits or: How to Increase Your Ship's Hitbox Even More.

they dont increase the hitbox

30 Juin 2018 17:21

This Retrofits look awesome! (Things about cosmetic runway for Dreadnought)

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

1 Juillet 2018 08:07

I must disagree with others thoughts on the price points, these are the kinda things that should be a bit pricey (500GP) and the color options should be the lower side (100gp-200gp) tops since from a labor point of view I would bet these take more effort to make than a simple recolour option. The thing I would like to see though is more figure heads. I also think that figureheads and emblems should be a one time purchase kinda thing, I would be willing to pay a lot more for it if it was. I don't like the whole buy it for every ship kinda thing as it seems like you are nickel and diming a bit here. I do understand for the colorizations and for these retrofits as its essentially like buying a "skin" option for those ships but the emblems and figureheads should be one time buys and use anywhere you want.

I think if you increased the price point slightly and made them function in this way you would get a lot more purchases. I know I would certainly be more willing to buy them.

1 Juillet 2018 09:12

Mis à jour //
1 Juillet 2018 09:18

BlackAce#4891 posted (#post-222873) said:

I must disagree with others thoughts on the price points, these are the kinda things that should be a bit pricey (500GP) and the color options should be the lower side (100gp-200gp) tops since from a labor point of view I would bet these take more effort to make than a simple recolour option. The thing I would like to see though is more figure heads. I also think that figureheads and emblems should be a one time purchase kinda thing, I would be willing to pay a lot more for it if it was. I don't like the whole buy it for every ship kinda thing as it seems like you are nickel and diming a bit here. I do understand for the colorizations and for these retrofits as its essentially like buying a "skin" option for those ships but the emblems and figureheads should be one time buys and use anywhere you want.

I think if you increased the price point slightly and made them function in this way you would get a lot more purchases. I know I would certainly be more willing to buy them.

I can understand your point of view. World of Warships did something similar with a special camo but pretty much lied to the playerbase: 1. A developer stated that the camo was easier to create than it normally is. 2. Wargaming said it took a long time (so one of them was lying lol) 3. WG said they priced them so high because they needed to make back the money because of the effort. 4. But then they limited who could buy he camo (to high tiers only). So did they want to make the money back or not?

In the end they messed up because of the price and exclusivity and didn't sell enough so within 2 weeks they opened purchase to everyone.

My point is, the effort to make the Retrofits will have been complete when they come to sell them - so their main aim should be to find a price where as many people will buy them.

For me: The colour for the Hero ships goes to every ship (hoorah!)- yet the prices for a hero ship that generally sucks regarding specs is too much (Boo!). The colours on offer in the shop are meh when for all ship types and an absolute rip off for the one ship! (I guess when you have pimped out your favourite ship at each tier it could be a consideration?) Totally agree with the buy one time and use anywhere for the Emblems, Figureheads and Decals.

There are a load of pictures on the internet with some great camo, patterns, Captain customisations, Emblems, Figureheads, and Decals. In the shop there seems to be weird glasses, cowboy hats, number decals and weird Emblems - and all at too much of a price.

It should be: Colours = 600GP for all ships. (Heart of Venus has that price at the moment) Patterns = 900GP for all ships. Decals = 300GP for all ships. Emblems = 600GP for all ships. Figureheads = 1200GP for all ships. Retrofit Items = 600GP if they are like the normal appearance areas of the ship; meaning a full set of 4 would cost 2400GP. This would be available as advertised (other ship of the same manufacturer and ship class).

My wallet would get severely abused if these were the type of prices (I mean, if you look at getting the set above it would still cost you £30 but at least the colours, patterns, decals and figureheads would be available to other ships). To pimp out a whole Manufacturers line of 5 different ships would cost £60 altogether. Any change of colour, decal, emblem, figureheads and retrofits just increases the cost. At the moment prices are just to high to even have me reach for the wallet. O7

1 Juillet 2018 09:56

WaveRider#4219 posted (#post-222874) said:

I can understand your point of view. World of Warships did something similar with a special camo but pretty much lied to the playerbase: 1. A developer stated that the camo was easier to create than it normally is. 2. Wargaming said it took a long time (so one of them was lying lol) 3. WG said they priced them so high because they needed to make back the money because of the effort. 4. But then they limited who could buy he camo (to high tiers only). So did they want to make the money back or not?

In the end they messed up because of the price and exclusivity and didn't sell enough so within 2 weeks they opened purchase to everyone.

My point is, the effort to make the Retrofits will have been complete when they come to sell them - so their main aim should be to find a price where as many people will buy them.

For me: The colour for the Hero ships goes to every ship (hoorah!)- yet the prices for a hero ship that generally sucks regarding specs is too much (Boo!). The colours on offer in the shop are meh when for all ship types and an absolute rip off for the one ship! (I guess when you have pimped out your favourite ship at each tier it could be a consideration?) Totally agree with the buy one time and use anywhere for the Emblems, Figureheads and Decals.

There are a load of pictures on the internet with some great camo, patterns, Captain customisations, Emblems, Figureheads, and Decals. In the shop there seems to be weird glasses, cowboy hats, number decals and weird Emblems - and all at too much of a price.

It should be: Colours = 600GP for all ships. (Heart of Venus has that price at the moment) Patterns = 900GP for all ships. Decals = 300GP for all ships. Emblems = 600GP for all ships. Figureheads = 1200GP for all ships. Retrofit Items = 600GP if they are like the normal appearance areas of the ship; meaning a full set of 4 would cost 2400GP. This would be available as advertised (other ship of the same manufacturer and ship class).

My wallet would get severely abused if these were the type of prices (I mean, if you look at getting the set above it would still cost you £30 but at least the colours, patterns, decals and figureheads would be available to other ships). To pimp out a whole Manufacturers line of 5 different ships would cost £60 altogether. Any change of colour, decal, emblem, figureheads and retrofits just increases the cost. At the moment prices are just to high to even have me reach for the wallet. O7

Even those prices are still high. 100 GP = $1, so youre suggesting $9 for just a pattern? Thats still too much. Realistically, it should be 200-400 for a coating bundle, not per ship. Emblems and figureheards you dont even really see other than the hanger. Realistically, the retrofits should be between 200-500 GP. Give n the current pricing model, Id expect 1000+ per retrofit easy

1 Juillet 2018 11:09

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-222875) said:

WaveRider#4219 posted (#post-222874) said:

Even those prices are still high. 100 GP = $1, so youre suggesting $9 for just a pattern? Thats still too much. Realistically, it should be 200-400 for a coating bundle, not per ship. Emblems and figureheards you dont even really see other than the hanger. Realistically, the retrofits should be between 200-500 GP. Give n the current pricing model, Id expect 1000+ per retrofit easy

It's possible that this might just be me, but I honestly think that in game prices at this point in time (not speaking of retrofits yet, as we don't know the price) are not really low, but not that high either. A lot of people compare buying another $15 dollar game instead of a ship coating, which makes sense- but just the other day my family spent almost $30 to go see a two hour movie- which is over now, and wasn't even that good. We are not complaining that we spent that $30. At least with ship coatings, you can keep them forever. That's just my thoughts

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.