FORUMS

'Upcoming Content Shifted To Steam Launch' Discussion Thread

Posté: //
15 Juillet 2018 22:52

Lando Calrissian#2323 posted (#post-223471) said:

Launching on Steam at the same time as UI update is a dumb idea; it's too risky.

Ok then, lets just launch it as it is now!

Join the Community Discord!

https://discord.gg/uvUsYP

16 Juillet 2018 02:17

Launching on Steam at the same time as UI update is a dumb idea; it's too risky.

I agree that before opening your game to a whole new audience who could be a new source of revenue, you might want to make sure everything works as well as it can (for the best start possible). So you'd think Greybox would want to give it a trial period before the Steam release.

However, it could be the case that the changes just aren't ready for an earlier release. To a certain degree I can't really fault them on this point either, as releasing something that is not even at a trial stage isn't really fair on the current community. O7

16 Juillet 2018 04:03

Summer is the time of holidays. In the fall having rolled up sleeves)

16 Juillet 2018 05:33

WaveRider#4219 posted (#post-223474) said:

I agree that before opening your game to a whole new audience who could be a new source of revenue, you might want to make sure everything works as well as it can (for the best start possible). So you'd think Greybox would want to give it a trial period before the Steam release.

However, it could be the case that the changes just aren't ready for an earlier release. To a certain degree I can't really fault them on this point either, as releasing something that is not even at a trial stage isn't really fair on the current community. O7

This is why they have pushed the UI release back to steam launch is to make usre it's working as best it can before then. The last live stream they did said with the UI change they underestimated just how much was tied to the UI, and there are a few critical bugs they want gone before they bring it out, they said they could have letus have it now, but they where not happy with the bugs that the UI change has brought. They wnat them gone first so we have the best exsperiance possible when the change comes.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

16 Juillet 2018 10:04

I just hope the developer/publisher releases the UI update at least approximately 2 weeks before the Steam launch. I would be willing to put up with a few problematic bugs in that two-week time period if it means that any bugs not seen on internal test servers were identified and fixed before the Steam launch.

16 Juillet 2018 10:23

Lando Calrissian#2323 posted (#post-223480) said:

I just hope the developer/publisher releases the UI update at least approximately 2 weeks before the Steam launch. I would be willing to put up with a few problematic bugs in that two-week time period if it means that any bugs not seen on internal test servers were identified and fixed before the Steam launch.

It would be no different than any other game launch. I've never known a game to launch with out players finding bugs. Every game theses days have day 1 patches/hot fix patches.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

16 Juillet 2018 11:24

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-223481) said:

Lando Calrissian#2323 posted (#post-223480) said:

It would be no different than any other game launch. I've never known a game to launch with out players finding bugs. Every game theses days have day 1 patches/hot fix patches.

Understand your viewpoint but I believe Lando is hoping that the game will not have the bugs on release (I know I do!). It seems the playerbase isn't that big and there is a hope that the Steam launch will bring up the numbers playing - if the thing is bugged it won't.

Of course you know this, I'm just assuming that is what Lando is indicating (it's definitely why I worry about an update at the same time as the Steam release).

16 Juillet 2018 16:57

I know it sounds a bit too pessimistic, but I think it would not change anything if the patch is put before or simultaneously, there will still problems of the same caliber; knowing by now the development team. Instead it would be better if we put our heart in peace.

Forged in Apulia.

19 Juillet 2018 08:29

Yay! Havoc mode on PC!

8 Octobre 2018 17:16

All the articles hint that once Dreadnought is launched on Steam then the PC version will no longer work. Straight answer now: Is this true?

"Neither is a quiet, retiring life easily led

By one whose hand has shattered society's pact of peace."

-- Lucretius, "On The Nature of Things"

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.