FORUMS

Buying premium ships is pointless right now

Posté: //
7 Novembre 2016 13:31

What's the point in buying a premium ship, when they don't give you extra credits.
they are just pointless vanity items that are worse than the ''regular'' ships of the same class and tier

8 Novembre 2016 11:09

Exactly my thought, they need to have a Credit Bonus to make them worth a buy.

8 Novembre 2016 11:55

DerPizzadieb#2228 posted (#post-54511)

Exactly my thought, they need to have a Credit Bonus to make them worth a buy.

Yes I agree, but Dev's are very likely trying to avoid just the premium ships being played in matches.

I believe about 6 months back someone suggested a way to avoid, forgot what exactly but something like:
After a player purchased a premium ship then all their ships get a +20% credit bonus.
And each additional unique premium ship purchased stacks an additional +10% credit bonus.

Hopefully Devs read this and reconsider that old concept.

8 Novembre 2016 12:22

The "premium" ships currently fullfill their design goal, which is giving you access to another set of hull parts to slab onto your ships. They were meant as vanity items and ontop of this they decided to give them a lore and loadout you may not have thought about yourself.

TL;DR
They are skins, nothing more nothing less.

Recruit Engineer

8 Novembre 2016 19:36

Mis à jour //
10 Novembre 2016 12:11

Yes "The "premium" ships currently fullfill their design goal" as skins.
And yes that would've been perfectly fine 20 years back as shareware installed from floppies.
Successful games with free to play have been done differently for approximately the past 10 years, normally paying players gain things faster then free players like: experience or in game items/materials/coins (but not the high-end direct-pay 2nd tier currency they all have nowadays).

ATM there's no indication of real monetization and this concept of vanity ships isn't an incentive in its current state much less the pricing.
And purchasing a founders pack was originally to have access to higher powered (hero) ships much earlier then by grinding for them. Plus "exclusive cosmetic items and various in-game perks" which many players assume meant gaining FP or Exp faster as per today's gaming standards for premium (P2P) gamers.

So in case you glossed over all that I just said your wrong and didn't get your facts straight so here's a link to read up.
https://www.greybox.com/store/en/

Naw don't bother retorting, I won't be returning to this unsubscribed thread your too complacent and a waste + too early for fanboiz already in a beta.

8 Novembre 2016 19:56

The fact that there isn't really any reason to play a Premium ship after you have unlocked the standard version is a little disappointing. You could put the customized bits on the standard ship and have more control of your loadout, then never look at the Premium version of the ship again.

Of course you will still have the extra vanity items so it's not like you never bought anything, it's just the ships themselves that become irrelevant.

Max_Rickson#5893 posted (#post-54590)

Naw don't bother retorting, I won't be returning to this unsubscribed thread your too complacent and a waste + too early for fanboiz already in a beta.

Not sure why you seem to have taken any of those posts as some sort of personal attack but none of that is necessary.

9 Novembre 2016 09:46

Vanity was fine in the old system, but with the amount of frankly jarring ship parts we've been sent with the five tiers that doesn't really hold that much water any more. I don't think I'd notice if someone exchanged their T5 visuals for a T4 with a premium part. A bit extra free XP would be nice, though, I mean the ships sure don't need it.
That said, I obviously don't mind extra currency from premium ships, given that I have nearly all of them; I just don't see it as a necessity.

We need "Alpha" and "Beta" Camo Patterns! Just plaster the Word all over the ships hull in various sizes and angles !
Link: Artillery Overview

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.