FORUMS

T5 Bombers vs T5 Interceptors...wut?

Posté: //
13 Février 2019 05:16

Mis à jour //
13 Février 2019 16:16

Okay, so looking at the damage...T5 Bombers seem massively superior to T5 Interceptors.

T5 Bombers gets 4 bombers with 4 attack runs with 3000 damage per mine and a 400 AoE on a 45 second cooldown. Unlimited range. Max damage for a single target: 30004=120004=48000 damage on a disrupt effect.

VSAnyDesk

T5 Interceptors gets 2 Jets launched, 1 attack run, no AoE, max damage of 36000, a 35 second cooldown and unlimited range. Mobdro

Personally, I think T5 Interceptors needs a buff. A big one. T5 Bombers justifies it's power by letting you kill the bombers. T5 Interceptors lack the power to justify the vulnerability of targeting the jets.

Suggestion: Increase max damage by 50% and add 2 additional jets launched (each worth 25% of the additional 50%). https://appsync.biz/solitaire/

This decreases the vulnerability of jets by spreading the damage out more and bringing the damage output up enough to justify the additional vulnerability.

If you like this analysis please look at Fighters (range increase) and a general buff to T4/5 Interceptor and Bomber movement speed (say they use boosters to get into range that justify their awful and predictable pathing since while using boosters they can't steer well or risk having the craft break up, in space. Well...game mechanics, thats way lol).

Posté: //
18 Février 2019 11:16

Mis à jour //
18 Février 2019 11:18

I'd be up for an inty buff, but thats because I use them... because they are powerful already!

There is nuance to this:

1) bombers are slow and easy to shoot down

2) bombers drop mines, their weapons don't guide to the target, so many scrambles mines never hit because your target has to run into them!

3) interceptor damage spikes HARD and can sink an arty cruiser in one salvo (2 inties launching one torp a piece) ... T5 have 3 salvos btw!

4) multiple waves of interceptors can stack onto targets using retaliator... overwhelming shields through sheer firepower!

5) 2 or more interceptor wings can often reach a far away target before one wave of bombers get there, due to interceptor speed!

I'd love to see my interceptors get a buff... until someone uses them on me... then I'll cry!

Bombers are a "paper tiger" and are actually a support module for sowing confusion for jumping dreads!

interceptors are an offensive damage spike module!

interceptors sink ships! bombers -help- you sink ships!

"Where ever you go... there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Dee Rek Dreadnought https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvlxvtmwBW0hyzExdat4pvA

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.