FORUMS

I appreciate where this game is going, but TacCruiser continue to murder balance.

Posté: //
14 Novembre 2020 18:47

In a game of T4-5 bots, I was using a glass cannon Destroyer and flanked around the back of an Arty which had a TacCruiser glued to it. I unleashed everything I had at that Arty, weapon boosters, topedoes, light torpedoes, and the crudy thing was able to totally outheal all my damage, despite the fact it was a Murometz and basically a flying twig.

Later in the same game I noticed the entirety of my team focusing on the fleet of mostly Destroyers and a pair of Dreadnoughts as two TacCruiser with Repair Autobeams easily kept most of the enemy fleet alive, as well as each other with Autoheal.

Two-way healing is a massive problem. It's what TF2 does right when you chain heal; Medics can only heal a single target and not another Medic at the same time. When you have two way healing, in addition to two more healing Modules, TacCruiser become immortal gods of easy promotions.

And if you're a dedicated TF2 player you'll say the Medic does have an ability to heal everyone in a radius, the healing is very minimal, only covering about 20-30 hp at most.

16 Novembre 2020 23:37

Mis à jour //
18 Novembre 2020 23:50

I do agree that a two-tac-tac is quite annoying and difficult to deal with, and there isn't much to do to counter them. I play against bots most of the time who do exceptionally at healing. Here's some things I do when I see the two-tac-tac (two tactical cruiser tactic).

-First, I analyze where they are. Usually they are with a dreadnought or destroyer. If they are by themselves, their dreadnought or destroyer is dead and it is retreating.

-Then I use a variety of methods which have varying degrees of success

I mainly play as the Monarch and the Brutus, so I have many options to deal with this broken combo. If I'm playing the monarch and there is a tactical cruiser within range, I don't even worry about other enemies. I focus my missiles and nuclear missile on the tac cruiser to kill it/them as fast as possible. I use the tractor beam whenever possible to bring it within range of my actual damage which is flechette missiles and flak.

If I am my Brutus, I use my ram and flak to unload tons of damage at once.

If I am a corvette, I entirely focus on the tac cruisers and artys of the enemy team.

Basically all you can do is attempt to kill them fast enough so their buddy can't heal them or to pull them out of combat. To do this, use tractor beams, nukes, rams, assault blink warps, and so on- For the Oberon tac cruisers, watch for their beam amplifier. If they have it active, the take more damage. USE THIS WHENEVER POSSIBLE. A single arty can deal almost 20000 damage with a single well placed shot with energy to weapons while this is active.

Another tactic, however difficult, is to distract the tac cruisers. When there are two, they prioritize certain allies, which includes themselves. If either one takes damage, the other will immediately heal it. So use this to distract their healing so they can't heal the main target of your team- Ie the enemy dreadnought. While they focus on healing each other from enemy fire, their allies die. So send your team to focus as normal, but be prepared to constantly shoot them. Once the enemy push is slain, your allies will turn on them and thus- Kill them.

If you were seeking for a guide to deal with this, here you go! If you were seeking for a place to complain, oh well. I hope this helped!

"Oh, poor poor corvette. You thought you could escape the grasp of my tractor beam."

Hit me up on PS4 if you wanna play some T4 and T5 matches (Gamertag: 'HanBahnDay')

23 Novembre 2020 20:05

LOLMastery#6529 posted (#post-280056) said:

In a game of T4-5 bots, I was using a glass cannon Destroyer and flanked around the back of an Arty which had a TacCruiser glued to it. I unleashed everything I had at that Arty, weapon boosters, topedoes, light torpedoes, and the crudy thing was able to totally outheal all my damage, despite the fact it was a Murometz and basically a flying twig.

Later in the same game I noticed the entirety of my team focusing on the fleet of mostly Destroyers and a pair of Dreadnoughts as two TacCruiser with Repair Autobeams easily kept most of the enemy fleet alive, as well as each other with Autoheal.

Two-way healing is a massive problem. It's what TF2 does right when you chain heal; Medics can only heal a single target and not another Medic at the same time. When you have two way healing, in addition to two more healing Modules, TacCruiser become immortal gods of easy promotions.

And if you're a dedicated TF2 player you'll say the Medic does have an ability to heal everyone in a radius, the healing is very minimal, only covering about 20-30 hp at most.

It used to be way worse before they nerfed adrenaline shot, and then recently they nerfed the drain drone which was the second most annoying module to deal with.

Multi-tac ball can still be annoying, but really I feel like they're in a good spot. This is coming from someone who only plays the jupitar arms tacs every now and then and thats it.

If you see a tac healing another ship, you need to go for the tac and not the other ship. Yes, a tac will be able to keep another ship alive while it is being assaulted, that is sort of the enitre point. If you encounter a ball, smart use of disruption, drain, purge nuke, or suprise burst damage is usually enough to take one of them down.

My 2c

25 Novembre 2020 23:27

Mis à jour //
25 Novembre 2020 23:30

We can't wait long enough for pvp matching, so we choose proving ground, yeah, annoying bots: - Enemy healers stick together and follow a dreadreadnough - Our healers follow a sick dreadnought, the slowest one, not us. - Bots of our team choose corvette and arty, we don't have healer. - Our corvettes go toward enemy team to sacrifice.

If you see all above, gratz, you may lose or can't get more than 2k score. For proving ground match, you have to choose right load out to shock damage (20-30k) to deal with Tac-Tac, and: - Don't go straight to enemy formation alone. - Target low or empty energy healers, or their beam amplifier activated (there is the red icon). - The easiest to kill is JA cruiser, and hardest is AV, but when JA cruiser go with another, target another first, JA is not full time healer.

For Dreadnought, most of time I use Plasma broadside (or nuke) and torpedo, fire plasma while the torpedoes are about to impact. Heavy mortar at T5 is a good combination to shock dmg too. Arty, I usually use Siege mode. Destroyer, get close enough then active all weapon booster and modules (i prefer torpedo) Vindicta can use ram then drain + flak. Corvette may use assault blink warp + torpedo, but not safe, most of time is 1 kill 1 dead. Tac Cruiser? haha..

Yeah, Dread or Destroyer need to get close enough to have the most effective weapon power, to survive to get close, you need speed, armor booster pulse, armor amplifier, endurance mode, energy generator for shield.

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.