FORUMS

Dev Talk #2: A Deep Dive into the Shipyard Update

Posté: //
30 Novembre 2016 15:42

Mis à jour //
30 Novembre 2016 15:51

Still maintenance cost, still this grinding trough every ship to get the one you like... sigh
The officer briefing would be the only good news.

Even if the announcement goes to a patch, I won't get back.

Will still wait to see if the game can make a come back or will fall to oblivion.
Some advise?

IMPORTANT EDIT: I realise one important thing. All that is stated here, is that you want player to grind through the tiers, because there is ultimately nothing to the end of the tunnel.

You don't have a plan for people that reach the pick of this game actual possibility do you?
Take that into consideration, begin to add real experience (game mod, or other things) for people that achieve to get the ship they enjoy the most with every module in it. There you will care less about how fast we grind and begin to see really happy people that will speak for the game, and not advise to not come. Believe it or not.
-Player don't want to build a fleet, they want to play the ship they feel good with. And this is coming quite quickly. Some don't like to play healer, some are, some like snipers, some like to launch nuke load, some tank, some like destro because it's a midway between speed and resistance with heavy firepower.
Add whatever reason here, but that mostly personal, and not the way like a dev think a game should be. So by the end of the day, people will have to grind and buy ship the will never ever use (and those, unlike modules need to be credit, to go forward) and they will play the ship they want.

That bring to the fact that...

-... it's not the versatility of a fleet you built that make the game win, but what there is in the team. This is not CoD where one player can OC (One Ship in this game) kill all the other team. The best player with a bad team, facing an average team (player with no extra skill, but that do the thing just right) will lose.

So you can bring whatever you want in your bag. That the team comp that will matter.
-Maintenance cost. The best thing is to put it to 0. Everywhere.
You want a monetisation system? Why? You have it already: we STRUGGLE for credits. GP to an honest amount of credits. You are there.
Another point you really can't put in your head (because you want so much to believe it's a good thing the way I read it) is that it's just a double punishment...
You lost, you already have less credits. That the bad side of losing, like any game. Maintenance is just putting you even more on the ground. I don't know if you pay maintenance by dropping in a game (can't remember if you though about this scenario in the patch). But dropping into a 50-0 losing game, is really painful. You won't get lot's of credits because you didn't have time to make some points by healing/killing things. By the end you also know that you will be punished by coming and helping people. Great.

This is not a risk/reward system. (in those you have a big reward for the risk. Here you just have a reward by winning and hit under the belt for losing)

Best hate generator ever!

-GP for now are useless. Lowering module cost will just bring more hate for those who invest, knowing you won't reset everything.

GP give elite status, and that mean lot's more credits? adding a percent on a low value won't give plenty of credits. Losing make it even worse.
You have enough data to crunch. Adjust the value accordingly to make people that spend some real money on GP feel it worth it.

-There is one and only REALLY good things on this update: 8v8.
Good decision. But I also know it's a personal feeling.
Now as I stated somewhere else, I'll keep an eyes on forum to see what will be put on the game, but can't come back at this state.

GL with your development with the little players left (or felt like it given the numbers of post on "I wait X hours with no game" subject :s )

Best proposal to put 2.0 in the right way. Please hear this guy dev https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/30780/?page=3#post-71653

30 Novembre 2016 15:46

I have always tried to argue for giving the devs leeway in most things. I have defended them many a times saying give them time etc... So this post is pretty much a slap in the face to me.

Trying to convince us that having fewer choices is a good thing, I mean cmon how dumb do you(devs) think we are???

Thats pretty much all I wanted to say. I can only defend the devs for so long.

30 Novembre 2016 16:11

Maybe I should have waited a couple of weeks before to spend money. I would have to wait the web feed. My bad.
I feel as if during a cruise the captain had, on a whim, suddenly changed the preestablished route. Disappointed.

Forged in Apulia.

30 Novembre 2016 17:15

Well if anything this 2.0 can give you a mindless new playerbase since you can suck in WoT fans who live for nothing but the grind. Feels like the loyal pre 2.0 players are being ignored as you continue to enforce the monetization 'vision'.

Could have easily done it with customisation options with your new ship models and coatings. I was keen on putting in money to get some coatings but refrained from doing so after hearing about ship locked coatings instead of making it universal.

Please listen to the players who loved the game from the beginning. Theres plenty of marvellous feedback plastered on this forun and some are literally game-savers.

Stop pushing your ideals.

30 Novembre 2016 17:47

I don't know how the game was because I just started playing it last weekend but I did enjoy it and what they are proposing is fixes to what everyone has been posting about. I do read the forums even older posts and everything there planning to fix is what has been posted by the majority of people on these forums now it may not be your own personal wish but there trying . To be honest with all of the negative posters here I would say it's not a wonder the devs on this game does not want to communicate with you when all you do is post negative posts about every thing they do I wouldend want to correspond with you either. Well enough of that I thought it was a good read and a step in the right direction at addressing proublems in there game.

30 Novembre 2016 18:10

Mis à jour //
1 Décembre 2016 08:50

lethal61#8149 posted (#post-71506)

I don't know how the game was because I just started playing it last weekend but I did enjoy it and what they are proposing is fixes to what everyone has been posting about. I do read the forums even older posts and everything there planning to fix is what has been posted by the majority of people on these forums now it may not be your own personal wish but there trying . To be honest with all of the negative posters here I would say it's not a wonder the devs on this game does not want to communicate with you when all you do is post negative posts about every thing they do I wouldend want to correspond with you either. Well enough of that I thought it was a good read and a step in the right direction at addressing proublems in there game.

Just some friendly advice.

I'd be careful when criticizing those of us who have been playing since the very first Alpha test session as we have put exponentially more effort into helping the devs make the game great for all than those who didn't even play until CBT.

It's always easier to look at a game for what it has become as you are just starting to play for the first time, than it is to look at it from a historical perspective.

Discord Moderator "Once you reach level 49 your title should be Anax Below the Belt, obviously" ---Lord Griffin CH- Sometimes at the beggining of a match I forget I still don't have my RAM's back TheBorg- Yeah I can imagine you giving orders to your crew "Engage RAMMING SPEED!" "We don't have any RAM's sir!" "I don't care, do it anyway!"

30 Novembre 2016 18:17

Mis à jour //

I could care less what your opinion is of what I posted and don't tell me to be carefull sonny I'm a 55 year old man and I don't mix words if your in here acting like a spoiled brat then I'm going to call you on it simple as that.

30 Novembre 2016 18:22

Thanks @Ridiculon and @theDeath for already writing most everything I could have said.

To condense it to two questions:
How does it make a players fleet more diverse if he/she has to grind 5-10 hours to get a ship they found they didn't have but could have used in that instance?
And why, if it's about monetization as I expected, are so many GP-only cosmetics locked to T5, which you expect players won't see that often? Who would pay for something that, by design, is only a third of the experience, tops?

We need "Alpha" and "Beta" Camo Patterns! Just plaster the Word all over the ships hull in various sizes and angles !
Link: Artillery Overview

30 Novembre 2016 18:27

Mis à jour //

lethal61#8149 posted (#post-71552)

I could care less what your opinion is of what I posted and don't tell me to be carefull sonny I'm a 55 year old man and I don't mix words if your in here acting like a spoiled brat then I'm going to call you on it simple as that.

Ha, 55 years and still don't have the maturity to understand how an individual's quantity of investment in something correlates between individuals with unequal investment.

Discord Moderator "Once you reach level 49 your title should be Anax Below the Belt, obviously" ---Lord Griffin CH- Sometimes at the beggining of a match I forget I still don't have my RAM's back TheBorg- Yeah I can imagine you giving orders to your crew "Engage RAMMING SPEED!" "We don't have any RAM's sir!" "I don't care, do it anyway!"

30 Novembre 2016 18:43

Mis à jour //

You havent invested anything and they owe you nothing junior or did you not understand that when you agreed to test. Your argument is invalid just as your rants are about you not getting your way well that's to bad isent it now go try to impress someone else it's just not working for me.

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.