FORUMS

A Petition for Change

Posté: //
15 Janvier 2017 02:39

I Believe what your saying an as a Veteran player since alpha I agree they should be changes or the game might die 2 months after open beta

15 Janvier 2017 18:29

I haven't played for months. Now that I'm back, I'm really feeling that maintenance grind. I've never understood it. What's the point in punishing your player base? This isn't an rpg. Why do we have to grind? Why do we need maintenance? These are things that help stories and strategy. There's no need for this in multiplayer head to head battles.

Remove tiers, maintenance, and ship levels and focus solely on the competitive nature of the game. If you want it to be a huge hit, entry needs to be painless. Currently, it's very painful.

19 Janvier 2017 20:06

AitConvarion#6546 posted (#post-80083)

+1 would sign again.

Thanks bro, the Rebels still > Imps

Discord Moderator "Once you reach level 49 your title should be Anax Below the Belt, obviously" ---Lord Griffin CH- Sometimes at the beggining of a match I forget I still don't have my RAM's back TheBorg- Yeah I can imagine you giving orders to your crew "Engage RAMMING SPEED!" "We don't have any RAM's sir!" "I don't care, do it anyway!"

31 Janvier 2017 23:33

YourEvilOverlord#1773 posted (#post-80131)

I also support this suggested changes
Whoops, sorry signatories. I forgot to thank you for your signature to try to keep hope for change alive.

It's curious to me that we have so many views/posts/signature (especially from the oldest players) and yet we haven't heard any response. I'm still trying to figure out why that is.

Discord Moderator "Once you reach level 49 your title should be Anax Below the Belt, obviously" ---Lord Griffin CH- Sometimes at the beggining of a match I forget I still don't have my RAM's back TheBorg- Yeah I can imagine you giving orders to your crew "Engage RAMMING SPEED!" "We don't have any RAM's sir!" "I don't care, do it anyway!"

1 Février 2017 00:02

The only thing patched was the maintenance fee bug.
This game is now unplayable.
I pay in maintenance as much as I make for a veteran game.

petition signed.

1 Février 2017 00:07

Mis à jour //
1 Février 2017 00:41

They have proven they are "Listening" and just not reacting to what the players want.

I have been forced into recruit tier after having just gotten my t3 ship.

A loss in that ship sets me back 900 credits with a 50% win ratio I making roughly 300 credits every 2 games. If I lose two in a row its 1800 credits removed.

Since the patch I have played 3 games, Lost 2 and won 1 but the server was apparently down(yey stability fix seems to be working) so no rewards credited yet when I log in I have to pay maintenace. 900 credits per match for one t3 ship in veteran. 2700 credits instantly gone.

1. I unlocked a t3 ship and simply cannot afford to fly it.

2. I drop down into recruit using t2 ships in an attempt to make credits so I can fly my t3 ship.

3. You then kick me in the face when I am down by grouping me in a veteran game against tier 3 and 4 ships. You refuse to let me play in my t3 ship and throw me into this...

https://i.imgur.com/Jy10dEz.jpg

The only thing they have said regarding it is they will look into the maintenance costs/credit reward balance and apply a patch if needed...

As you are approaching open beta so rapidly you should probably resolve this immediately. Take the servers down, If you cannot apply a fix quickly then remove maintenance costs entirely until you can come up with a solution.

as it stands now there is no reason at all for me to play the game, I will not be recommending it to any friends at all and will infact advise they stay away.

The current state is doing nothing but deter new players and existing players away. You need an emergency fix and drastic change of direction.

"Petition Signed"

It is a sad state of affairs when the community discord which has DN members in it are offering the advice of "Dont play the game yet, Come back later and see if they have changed it"

1 Février 2017 00:38

ItsGary#1520 posted (#post-100294)

They have proven they are "Listening" and just not reacting to what the players want.

I have been forced into recruit tier after having just gotten my t3 ship.

A loss in that ship sets me back 900 credits with a 50% win ratio I making roughly 300 credits every 2 games. If I lose two in a row its 1800 credits removed.

Since the patch I have played 3 games, Lost 2 and won 1 but the server was apparently down so no rewards credited yet when I log in I have to pay maintenace. 900 credits per match for one t3 ship in veteran. 2700 credits instantly gone.

1. I unlocked a t3 ship and simply cannot afford to fly it.

2. I drop down into recruit using t2 ships in an attempt to make credits so I can fly my t3 ship.

3. You then kick me in the face when I am down by grouping me in a veteran game against tier 3 and 4 ships. You refuse to let me play in my t3 ship and throw me into this...

https://i.imgur.com/Jy10dEz.jpg

The only thing they have said regarding it is they will look into the maintenance costs/credit reward balance and apply a patch if needed...

As you are approaching open beta so rapidly you should probably resolve this immediately. Take the servers down, If you cannot apply a fix quickly then remove maintenance costs entirely until you can come up with a solution.

as it stands now there is no reason at all for me to play the game, I will not be recommending it to any friends at all and will infact advise they stay away.

The current state is doing nothing but deter new players and existing players away. You need an emergency fix and drastic change of direction.

"Petition Signed"

Try Fractured Space in the mean time. More depth and less grind, and plus the devs actually listen to the players there. Come back in a few months and see if they fix this mess.

1 Février 2017 00:43

Mis à jour //
1 Février 2017 00:44

Crimson Fury#5465 posted [(#post-100310)]

Based on the fact it is not welcoming to new players or those just getting into veteran. the community discord just told me to not play the game and check back later to see if things have improved.

1 Février 2017 00:49

Corran Horn#0411 posted (#post-73991)

Dreadnought Community,

It is with heavy heart I seek signatures for this petition to change the game that we all are so interested in and desire to see released successfully. So here are our points of contention with reasoning and suggestions for change. We are all in agreement that with these changes the old players are highly likely to come back and give the game a second chance and new players will be very unlikely to bail quickly.

1. Maintenance needs to be revamped completely, we suggest that the maintenance fee for quitting a match be increased to the current legendary fleet cost and all other maintenance fee's removed.
    1a. Many people in the game are commonly the best player on their team, especially when solo queing. However with the increase in slots it is even more difficult for a good player to carry a team. We feel the current system places way too much confidence in teams ability to coordinate well with each other. It's also not fair to make everyone who is putting in the time to play and give feedback have to endure an excessive grind because of maintenance. Side note; it would be nice to have the functionality of being able to rejoin a match after crashing. We are eager to see this brought back soon.

2. Lack of true freedom in progression needs to become more free, we want a broader selection of classes at the Tier 1 level so we can run the ships we want to run.
    2a. An example: I love my rams, yet to get to the best ships for ramming I have to go through ships that I don't care for in the Oberon tree. Especially the Aions. Players should be able to go back and level up those ships and abilities at their own pace.

3. With maintenance in play the grind is unbearable to get the ships people want, cost should be reduced so that each next Tier costs no more than 300% (for example, overall community feedback provided here should determine the exact numbers) more of the cost of the previous one. Using the current Tier 1 costs as the baseline. So if a Tier 1 costs 164 the Tier 2 should not cost more than 492
    3a. We do not enjoy having to play an insane amount of matches WITH Elite to get to what we want. Especially with how much harder it can be to score high in a match with so many more enemy players to deal with.

These are our arguments for the changes we want, I speak for the signatories when I say they are the barebones items that are ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL to continued interest in the game. Consider our list, for the future of the game is in the balance. Most of Dreadnought's most fervent and active players have already called it quits, and the health of a game can always be determined by how many original supporters and followers you are able to retain by the 1 year release anniversary. I fear more will continue to leave the game if change isn't announced very very soon. Your move.

Total Signatories: 69(#144)

Consider me as having signed.

pew pew and all that.

8 Février 2017 00:29

Jamodon#5053 posted (#post-81554)

Aw man, I remember the glory days in the Alpha when there would be 40+ people on discord. I miss playing with damnusername and his OP dreadnought nuke + warps. I've mostly stopped playing the game as it stands currently. Thanks for putting this together Corran, i hope the devs listen.
I miss you too! You were one of the first Captains I played with regularly. Let's hope some change happens so we can get back at it.

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.