FORUMS

A Petition for Change

Posté: //
8 Février 2017 01:43

I can't say I agree w/ all of the points in the petition. However, I do agree with the sentiment that maintenance and progression was done poorly and needs to be reworked if not outright scrapped and remade to something else.

That all being said, I do hope for the sake of Dreadnought's well-being that the management behind the creation of this abomination of a progression system and maintenance system realize they made a severe mistake and revert and revamp. I however cannot see that happening with the warpath of damage control being made of "We're gonna tweak and work on these values!" plus considering that everything that was said of how Shipwreck 2.0 is a mistake when it was first announced was outright ignored makes me even more pessimistic about it happening.

All in all though, I am signing this petition in hopes of seeing Dreadnought returning to its glory days of actually being an excellent game and not another game being buried in a SixFoot grave like the rest of the games that follow the Wargaming (World of Tanks etc etc) model of monetization and progression.

-formerly Dogeneer

'Member when SixFoot tried to justify making Dreadnought P2W? I Do! No seriously I 'member! Also 'member "The Article"? I 'member!
SixFoot, a very accurate company name. They only bury their games Six Feet under.

8 Février 2017 17:21

Spork#2479 posted (#post-82448)

Devs, walk away from this now and you lose Dreadnought forever.

/signed
Yeah let's see if they listen to the feedback and act on it. I really don't want to see the game die.

Discord Moderator "Once you reach level 49 your title should be Anax Below the Belt, obviously" ---Lord Griffin CH- Sometimes at the beggining of a match I forget I still don't have my RAM's back TheBorg- Yeah I can imagine you giving orders to your crew "Engage RAMMING SPEED!" "We don't have any RAM's sir!" "I don't care, do it anyway!"

8 Février 2017 17:49

I just don't see the issue here I guess.

The devs have already stated that the maintenance system is not as they intended it to be, that they are working on reworking it already. I know you're impatient but small things like this turn into a lot of working from a developer point of view, you need to be patient they said they will get to it, give them time to fix it.

As far as more options at T1, absolutely not. Having too many options and too many variables at lvl 1 takes away from what the point of T1 should be, LEARNING. A new player shouldnt be bombarded with options and try to figure out what everything does all at once. It takes very little time to go from T1 to T2 that gives them time to learn the basics, at T2 you have every class of ship (not for each faction but combined you do) which then gives them a chance to learn the different classes. T3-T4 ships begin to specialize more and more custom builds develop, which is perfect. By this point in the game players have an idea of how a class should generally be played and this next bump in depth gives them time to explore how they want their ship to feel.

As far as progression goes, it is super quick in my opinion. The maintenance makes it feel slow, but as the devs have pointed out time and time again they are working on it. The progression for just farming the xp itself goes by crazy fast. Especially when you compare it to similar games such as star conflict. Why play a game that you can have all best in slot gear in less than a week? That is the kind of game I'd get bored of within a month. Taking credits out of the equation yield a fairly mild progression, not snail paced but definitely not too short.

We are all entitled to our own opinions but I personally disagree with you on everything but the maintenance, but as stated already, they are working on that issue already. In fact they even listed some of their priorities in a recent post and that was on top of the list. So be patient, give them time to change it.

9 Février 2017 17:43

Zuroke#5503 posted (#post-104067)

I just don't see the issue here I guess.

The devs have already stated that the maintenance system is not as they intended it to be, that they are working on reworking it already. I know you're impatient but small things like this turn into a lot of working from a developer point of view, you need to be patient they said they will get to it, give them time to fix it.

As far as more options at T1, absolutely not. Having too many options and too many variables at lvl 1 takes away from what the point of T1 should be, LEARNING. A new player shouldnt be bombarded with options and try to figure out what everything does all at once. It takes very little time to go from T1 to T2 that gives them time to learn the basics, at T2 you have every class of ship (not for each faction but combined you do) which then gives them a chance to learn the different classes. T3-T4 ships begin to specialize more and more custom builds develop, which is perfect. By this point in the game players have an idea of how a class should generally be played and this next bump in depth gives them time to explore how they want their ship to feel.

As far as progression goes, it is super quick in my opinion. The maintenance makes it feel slow, but as the devs have pointed out time and time again they are working on it. The progression for just farming the xp itself goes by crazy fast. Especially when you compare it to similar games such as star conflict. Why play a game that you can have all best in slot gear in less than a week? That is the kind of game I'd get bored of within a month. Taking credits out of the equation yield a fairly mild progression, not snail paced but definitely not too short.

We are all entitled to our own opinions but I personally disagree with you on everything but the maintenance, but as stated already, they are working on that issue already. In fact they even listed some of their priorities in a recent post and that was on top of the list. So be patient, give them time to change it.
I'm curious, did you play before maintenance was introduced?

Discord Moderator "Once you reach level 49 your title should be Anax Below the Belt, obviously" ---Lord Griffin CH- Sometimes at the beggining of a match I forget I still don't have my RAM's back TheBorg- Yeah I can imagine you giving orders to your crew "Engage RAMMING SPEED!" "We don't have any RAM's sir!" "I don't care, do it anyway!"

9 Février 2017 18:50

I'm going to take that as you agreeing with me Carran Horn? Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way then. General chat sadly feels like people just complaining for the sake of complaining far too often

9 Février 2017 22:13

Corran Horn#0411 posted (#post-73991)

Dreadnought Community,

It is with heavy heart I seek signatures for this petition to change the game that we all are so interested in and desire to see released successfully. So here are our points of contention with reasoning and suggestions for change. We are all in agreement that with these changes the old players are highly likely to come back and give the game a second chance and new players will be very unlikely to bail quickly.

1. Maintenance needs to be revamped completely, we suggest that the maintenance fee for quitting a match be increased to the current legendary fleet cost and all other maintenance fee's removed.
    1a. Many people in the game are commonly the best player on their team, especially when solo queing. However with the increase in slots it is even more difficult for a good player to carry a team. We feel the current system places way too much confidence in teams ability to coordinate well with each other. It's also not fair to make everyone who is putting in the time to play and give feedback have to endure an excessive grind because of maintenance. Side note; it would be nice to have the functionality of being able to rejoin a match after crashing. We are eager to see this brought back soon.

2. Lack of true freedom in progression needs to become more free, we want a broader selection of classes at the Tier 1 level so we can run the ships we want to run.
    2a. An example: I love my rams, yet to get to the best ships for ramming I have to go through ships that I don't care for in the Oberon tree. Especially the Aions. Players should be able to go back and level up those ships and abilities at their own pace.

3. With maintenance in play the grind is unbearable to get the ships people want, cost should be reduced so that each next Tier costs no more than 300% (for example, overall community feedback provided here should determine the exact numbers) more of the cost of the previous one. Using the current Tier 1 costs as the baseline. So if a Tier 1 costs 164 the Tier 2 should not cost more than 492
    3a. We do not enjoy having to play an insane amount of matches WITH Elite to get to what we want. Especially with how much harder it can be to score high in a match with so many more enemy players to deal with.

These are our arguments for the changes we want, I speak for the signatories when I say they are the barebones items that are ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL to continued interest in the game. Consider our list, for the future of the game is in the balance. Most of Dreadnought's most fervent and active players have already called it quits, and the health of a game can always be determined by how many original supporters and followers you are able to retain by the 1 year release anniversary. I fear more will continue to leave the game if change isn't announced very very soon. Your move.

Total Signatories: 73(#170)

Just humoring myself here but I'm going to roleplay Miguel here and try to guess what his answers are smile

1) Maintenance won't be removed its already been said. We know that making credits is hard right now because of a bug that gives you less credits than you should receive at the end of matches. The bug will be fixed and we are working on a compensation plan. As we've said before, Maintenance fees are not working as intended.

2) Thanks for the input! Keep in mind that dreadnought is still in beta and nothing is completely set in stone. Things can and will change as we move forward. But at the moment the top priority is making sure stability and functionality. And until thats fixed we can't move onto other issues.

3) As I said, all things are subject to change. Right now maintenance is something that's currently on our radar. Things will get better! Hang tight captain.
[I had to. Plz don't hit me Miguel, I fly Oberon I'm fragile. I'm sure I'm going to receive some kind of scolding for this one.]

alt text

DN_cult#1584 posted (#post-101857) Currently in discussion / design: · ̶W̶a̶i̶f̶u̶ ̶s̶k̶i̶n̶s

10 Février 2017 10:47

All of you just quit the game, they wont change anything nor they will listen to you who didnt pay S*** for the game other than buying invitation.

ill be out smile dont quote me just an advice instead of wasting your valuable time trying your best to be heard you just wont be they like make you bark like a puppy not as human with dignity, complain and complain no one will care about your ideas nor opinion here.

If they did lets hear it out ! else.. nah these forum are just a waste of time~

Have a good gaming Captains ! Vanish

11 Février 2017 20:11

Yes, the tree of ships don't make sense. It's like you want to play a healer in a MMO but you need to get level 30 with a Ranger first.

It's really bad how you can't have more modules to choice until tier 3 and it's only 1. I am using tactician and at tier 3 I will only be able to choose for more offensive modules.

11 Février 2017 20:53

I really feel like a progression by hull type would be better then a tier system.

Let's take for example the Rurik arty:
Next hull variants would be the Tugarin and Vucari, Tugarin then leads to Murometz and Vucari to the Svarog, with more module choices as you go further in.

All these arty would have similar main guns, acceleration and turning rates, except the Tugarin line are slightly faster, while the Vucari turns faster.

Modules could also be locked by variants, have for example autoguns and catapult modules be linked to the Vucari line and "modes" (siege, rapid fire, etc.) with Dive to the Tugarin line.

This way all ships fight each other, no tier model just progression based on preferred play style and module choices.

Admiral: "What is best in Dreadnought!"
Knight_ldr: "To crush the enemy's ships, see them lit ablaze under your canons and hear the lamentations of their crewmen!"
Admiral: "That is good! That is good!"

12 Février 2017 22:56

I will sign this as well, but I hold out little hope. I have long since lost faith in the development of this title. Some tiny ember of optimism keeps me checking the forums from time to time, even though Dreadnought has long since been uninstalled from my machine. Eighteen pages, and 178 replies to the original post, as of the time of this posting, and there has not been a single reply from the development team.

The silence is deafening.

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.