FORUMS

12.16.16 Community Roundtable Recording/Feedback

Posté: //
15 Décembre 2016 22:23

Captains!

On behalf of Chipinators, The Moderators, and The Developers (I think I can speak for them lol smile /inb4CHdisappearsmysteriously), I wanted to thank everyone for all your participation in today's roundtable.

Here is a link to a recording with fantabulous effects care of Spider

https://www.twitch.tv/spideroz/v/107617668

Also we would love to hear your thoughts about today's roundtable! Please follow the link below to give your feedback, please no questions for future events though. Just feedback about today's.

https://goo.gl/forms/mR0kLagyzUoLeMgz2

Have a great weekend!

Discord Moderator "Once you reach level 49 your title should be Anax Below the Belt, obviously" ---Lord Griffin CH- Sometimes at the beggining of a match I forget I still don't have my RAM's back TheBorg- Yeah I can imagine you giving orders to your crew "Engage RAMMING SPEED!" "We don't have any RAM's sir!" "I don't care, do it anyway!"

16 Décembre 2016 17:06

With the lack of transcoding options for that twitch account, could it be mirrored/uploaded elsewhere(youtube, for example) that does support playback at something lower than whatever that stream was broadcasted at? (It requires far too much buffering downtime to be considered 'watchable' with my connection.)

Alternatively, can we get a transcript, or even atleast a summary?

16 Décembre 2016 17:40

Szeron#6174 posted (#post-79556)

With the lack of transcoding options for that twitch account, could it be mirrored/uploaded elsewhere(youtube, for example) that does support playback at something lower than whatever that stream was broadcasted at? (It requires far too much buffering downtime to be considered 'watchable' with my connection.)

Alternatively, can we get a transcript, or even atleast a summary?

I just watched it on youtube instead.

16 Décembre 2016 19:07

One of the speakers mentioned that the player retention metrics improved with the shipyard update.

The Recruit matches are a great idea. Taking new friends into recruit is much better than having them queue with me in the old patch. Limiting access to modules and crew perks makes the game much more accessible.

For a new player, I agree that the shipyard update had some very successful parts. And higher player retention makes sense.

With respect, please consider that the improved player retention metrics might not be attributed to the tier system as a whole as much as to the recruit tier exclusively. It's very appreciated to have a zone friendly to new players, but other parts of the shipyard update I dislike very much. It's possible to keep what made the update a success in player retention and also move forward with some of the good ideas put forward by the community.

Right now, I'm playing the game more but enjoying it less. The tier system outside of recruit is not fun or rewarding. There are ten things Dreadnought can sell me that I am genuinely excited for, but reduced grind is not one of them. The art, all of it, is awesome.

18 Décembre 2016 15:54

Mis à jour //
18 Décembre 2016 15:57

Szeron#6174 posted (#post-79556)

could it be mirrored/uploaded elsewhere(youtube, for example) that does support playback at something lower
than whatever that stream was broadcasted at?

Roundtable on Youtube <-- click

with closed captions. (not perfect tho)

18 Décembre 2016 16:50

Mis à jour //
18 Décembre 2016 16:50

Spider#9872 posted (#post-80252)

Roundtable on Youtube <-- click

with closed captions. (not perfect tho)

Thanks for the recording Spider cause i missed the Roundtable,but watched it later on Twitch.

"The First Of His Name"

18 Décembre 2016 21:12

CtrlAltWheee#2640 posted (#post-79576)

With respect, please consider that the improved player retention metrics might not be attributed to the tier system. It's very appreciated to have a zone friendly to new players, but other parts of the shipyard update I dislike very much. It's possible to keep what made the update a success in player retention and also move forward with some of the good ideas put forward by the community.

^

20 Décembre 2016 04:28

I would very much like to know what these 'improved metrics' represent. You can say 'oh yeah our numbers got better' all you want. Until you show those numbers I won't put any faith in them, because the situation I see on the ground is that your game took several hits during 2.0 and has been slowly sinking ever since.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

20 Décembre 2016 06:41

Lincrono#9039 posted (#post-80866)

I would very much like to know what these 'improved metrics' represent. You can say 'oh yeah our numbers got better' all you want. Until you show those numbers I won't put any faith in them, because the situation I see on the ground is that your game took several hits during 2.0 and has been slowly sinking ever since.

its better alright. before the Shipyard update, it takes a very long time just to get a single match despite the fact that all players are in the same queue (no fleet separation) and its just a 5v5.

but its definitely not because of the tier system. I'd say its purely because the game is far more grindy than before.

25 Décembre 2016 01:12

Raging#8976 posted (#post-80889)

Lincrono#9039 posted (#post-80866)

its better alright. before the Shipyard update, it takes a very long time just to get a single match despite the fact that all players are in the same queue (no fleet separation) and its just a 5v5.

but its definitely not because of the tier system. I'd say its purely because the game is far more grindy than before.

I don't really think that represents 'better metrics' before shipyard people were not playing because they didn't want to invest time that was about to get wiped. I have a feeling we'll see a very similar effect before this coming reset. What will be telling for me is if we'll see a resurgence afterward with the same strength and if this game looks like grey goo in 3-4 months.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.