FORUMS

Countering corvettes by different class ships?

Posté: //
18 Décembre 2016 16:36

It's really hard to miss one rule that stands out on the battlefield and it says that "if any given team have corvette amongst them, this corvette will be on first place on scoreboard with twice as many kills as the next player "(usually more than 10).

Those ships are so effective, that I really need some advice to learn how to fight back, because after today I feel a lot of frustration. I may be new here and don't know game mechanics at all, but either absolute most people don't know how to fight them either, or they are truly OP. I start to pay attention to after match statistics and corvettes are constantly the best ships in game, severely ahead anyone else. Once for a while it could be a coincidence, but not so often.

So my questions for game veterans is this: How are your tips for fighting corvettes with every ships classes? What modules, what weapons, what abilities are best?

18 Décembre 2016 16:41

The best counter class for the corvette class is the Tactical cruiser.The medium is a support ship that can deal dmg with its beam as heal to teammates,the light one can deal only damage through its main weapon.Their sticky beam is the best way to counter those vettes.

"The First Of His Name"

18 Décembre 2016 17:22

Mis à jour //
18 Décembre 2016 17:23

If you get attacked by a Corvette immediately shield (F2), shoot and mark (F), switch targets asap when a Corvette attacks you.

Part of the balance of Corvettes is their low health, their guns deal more dps than the guns of all other classes, so they are your primary target!

Yes I really mean, stop with whatever you were doing and shoot the Corvette, ignore everything else. They have the lowest HP in the game and every second you are not shooting at them is a second that benefits them.

Besides this, hold right click for some aim-assist if you attack them. And as Odin stated, the tacs are the "natural" RPS counter.

Recruit Engineer

18 Décembre 2016 17:47

all of the above. Biggest benefactor to being so high on the scoreboard most games is people will not react in time. Shielding up makes a gigantic difference in dps and most likely turns the flyby into a suicide mission for a vette. I also recoomend Blast Pulse for Tacs and Stasis missles are a godsend for artys. Above all stay in FORMATION!! very tough to sneak up when everyone is close by just like a bunch of seals sticking together to avoid sharks.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

18 Décembre 2016 17:58

Ok, from what you guys are telling one class in particular is a counter to corvettes, tactical cruiser.

But how to fight successfully when you fly every other ships? Today I was having "railgun day", leveling up from tier 2 Tugarin to t3 Vucari and fighting corvettes was painful and unsuccessful experience. Flak turrets have very short range and explosions have a small radius, flechette missiles have long travel time, I was dead before they hit target and then corvette simply blink/teleport away. About low HP of corvettes can't really feel this way, I hit it once with lucky shot of my main railgun and guess what... it wasn't enough for a kill. What I'm missing? T3 railgun ship have an autocannons as options, will that be a better choice?

18 Décembre 2016 18:02

Mis à jour //
18 Décembre 2016 18:07

Mortimer#0942 posted (#post-80280)

Ok, from what you guys are telling one class in particular is a counter to corvettes, tactical cruiser.

But how to fight successfully when you fly every other ships? Today I was having "railgun day", leveling up from tier 2 Tugarin to t3 Vucari and fighting corvettes was painful and unsuccessful experience. Flak turrets have very short range and explosions have a small radius, flechette missiles have long travel time, I was dead before they hit target and then corvette simply blink/teleport away. About low HP of corvettes can't really feel this way, I hit it once with lucky shot of my main railgun and guess what... it wasn't enough for a kill. What I'm missing? T3 railgun ship have an autocannons as options, will that be a better choice?

Corvettes are the Rock-Paper-Scissors counter to Artillery Cruisers. So if you cannot snipe them at a distance, you are at a disadvantage, close range you need to turn around and try to hit them and call for help. Not sure about the autocannons, dive + bomb cata usually works good. Stay close to the fleet so they can help.

Recruit Engineer

18 Décembre 2016 18:03

I'm still pretty new, but...

1) it seems like the corvettes are the hard counter to artillery ships ; unless you can get a hit in on them before they zero in on you, they are likely to secure a kill vs you. However, if you are good enough to hit them even once its usually enough to send them running away for cover. Two direct hits should pop or just about pop them.

2) I've actually been doing really well against them as destroyer, but the starting destroyer not so much. Something about the firing pattern of the trafalgar main guns makes it rather easy to get hits on a corvette

3) communication is key to taking them out, if nobody is calling the corvette as a target chances are most people on the team that could do something effective vs it are unaware its behind them

18 Décembre 2016 18:37

Stasis Missles are available in Tier 2 arty it stops them in place for a few secs. You may see them use Afterburner to go for cover if they are affected by stasis. Still should be marking them for your team to acknowledge their presence and spending your energy wisely. It Tab in pregame lobby or during a match to see if anyone chooses vettes and always be wary.

18 Décembre 2016 19:20

Last game we fought vs 2 corvettes working as a single unit, I switched to destroyer to see how well I could counter them.

I'm finding that the engine boost works really well for pouncing on a teammate in trouble or into a corvette's line of attack, and if you want to go all out on your missiles, stagger them as vettes seem to have a lot of cards to play vs missiles you want to trade action for reaction so wait for them to outplay the first volley before letting number 2 go. Torps in point blank range are about the best way I've managed to apply them.

Don't forget to switch to flak when in range.

If cards play out in your favor, engine boosting + missile can functionally peel for some teammates in time for them to live. If you throw yourself into their attack lane you can derail their attack entirely, saving an arty ship. I'm working on using my jump drive to catch up to them or time it to evade their attacks.

18 Décembre 2016 19:46

Grizzam#5985 posted (#post-80291)

Last game we fought vs 2 corvettes working as a single unit, I switched to destroyer to see how well I could counter them.

I'm finding that the engine boost works really well for pouncing on a teammate in trouble or into a corvette's line of attack, and if you want to go all out on your missiles, stagger them as vettes seem to have a lot of cards to play vs missiles you want to trade action for reaction so wait for them to outplay the first volley before letting number 2 go. Torps in point blank range are about the best way I've managed to apply them.

Don't forget to switch to flak when in range.

If cards play out in your favor, engine boosting + missile can functionally peel for some teammates in time for them to live. If you throw yourself into their attack lane you can derail their attack entirely, saving an arty ship. I'm working on using my jump drive to catch up to them or time it to evade their attacks.

Depending on what tier you're fighting watch out for disrupter pulse since it will stop your abilities for about 6-10secs depending on tier Vette. Reason I play vette is their powerful CC modules of drain torp and disrupter pulse so I can open up the target for a near flawless attack.

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.