FORUMS

My opinion on the current state of the game

Posté: //
28 Avril 2016 09:08

Mis à jour //
28 Avril 2016 09:51

So I just started up the closed beta(I think it was closed alpha the 2 times I joined before?) and honestly, the game, or more specifically the hangar has degraded, A LOT.
I get that it is beta, but generally beta is a better state of the game than alpha... Apparently I was wrong. Not sure why this version of the game got released for testing at all...

Irritations:
-Can't seem to skip the "introductions" which I don't care about cause I know what I am doing already.
-The market view is now cluttered and I had to quit the game to be able to exit it.
-Chat doesn't work.
-Still no "remember me" option on log in.
-Entering "Appearance" meant I had to close the game cause the function didn't work and wouldn't let me quit it.
-Still no 'fleet health' view anywhere during battle, as a tactical cruiser only player, it is really important especially since health bars only tend to appear when you hover over an ally.

I really believe this game might become great and really fun, but don't release an [edited] release that doesn't even work properly. Beta or not.

Edit:
-Apparently I also can't change hotkeys
-I also just was unable to close my energy meter any logical way, then somehow managed to close it while pressing 20 keys at once on my keyboard in frustration, after which I was unable to move my aim unless I was in chat mode, at which point I had to close my chat to be able to fire(Yeah that was fun as tac crusier with people moving around trying to rep them)

Not playing this game again till I get another invite for another playtest, [edited] this.

Post edited by Moderator Harris for inappropriate language

28 Avril 2016 09:38

Mis à jour //
28 Avril 2016 10:51

are you 12?

28 Avril 2016 09:53

The current interface is more "effectiv (less clicks to do more) but is way more broken then it was in Pre-Alpha/Alpha. Not to mention the forced tutorial is terrible. Overall I see where they want to go with this and hope it to be a case of "it has to get worse before it gets better", but I can't say that I am entirely pleased with it. The store is also web-based compared to the hard-coded one in the past, so this is a better foundation, just needs more work.

Dreadnought Testers - Chat & VoIP

28 Avril 2016 10:23

Mis à jour //
28 Avril 2016 10:57

The UI in this early state is bad? Wow, I did not expect this ... /sarcasm off
At least they improved the games HUD by quite a bit

Blue Vengeance - Deutscher Multigaming Casual Clan

28 Avril 2016 10:51

Mis à jour //
28 Avril 2016 10:52

Shauk#9625 posted (#post-24920)

are you 12?

great post there champ

as for the op, ok cya

28 Avril 2016 10:59

Worry not captain, we'll have the ability to skip through the tutorial in a future update. Sit tight, we are very aware of the issue smile
We also have some stability fixes coming down the pipe too.

Nathan "nwood" Wood
Senior Level Designer, YAGER

28 Avril 2016 11:52

Mis à jour //
28 Avril 2016 11:53

Wobbley#8100 posted (#post-24924)

The current interface is more "effectiv (less clicks to do more) but is way more broken then it was in Pre-Alpha/Alpha. Not to mention the forced tutorial is terrible. Overall I see where they want to go with this and hope it to be a case of "it has to get worse before it gets better", but I can't say that I am entirely pleased with it. The store is also web-based compared to the hard-coded one in the past, so this is a better foundation, just needs more work.

Less clicks is not always better, UI should feel intuitive, though I wish I could actually see the different menus instead of having to force exit every time I opened something.
I'll admit I don't understand how a webbased store is more effective than a hard-coded one, but at least for what it loaded it looked similar(Until I tried to exit it)

Kazma#2232 posted (#post-24935)

The UI in this early state is bad? Wow, I did not expect this ... /sarcasm off
At least they improved the games HUD by quite a bit

This is not early state, early state was the alpha, where everything actually worked, this is at least in the middle, and sadly the game went downhill(for me personally) in terms of crashes.

DN_nwood#2177 posted (#post-24950)

Worry not captain, we'll have the ability to skip through the tutorial in a future update. Sit tight, we are very aware of the issue smile
We also have some stability fixes coming down the pipe too.

Glad to hear the game's issues are being worked on. But you have me wondering why this version got deployed in the first place if there are so many issues yet to be fixed. But I am not a game developer so what do I know ~shrug~ Looking forward to the future versions for certain though, will play again when there are less bugs.

28 Avril 2016 12:14

Alpha was an even earlier version, the game is still in testing - beta now, which is a bit closer to being ready, but still not there yet.

Also good to hear confirmation from the devs that they plan to fix some of the specific issues you're pointing out. It is a shame the game seems to be running worse for many people though - I've been out of the loop a while, and am looking forward to giving it another look. I just hope it performs at least close to as well as it used to run for me.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.