FORUMS

Noobs trying to fight higher tiers

Posté: //
6 Janvier 2017 15:40

Has anyone else noticed how under powered the Trafalgar is? I will give a few examples of why I say this and I am curious if it will be changed.

I was in a normal vet match and I noticed a sniper out in the open and alone so I used my blink, got in on top of him and unloaded everything, missiles, torps, and even full power to my weapons. He turned on his shield and hit me 3 times killing me while all of my guns and weapons only dropped him to a little under half health. I have done the same to some cruisers as well with the same results so I said alright maybe I will try to use it at range and just apply damage. I hit a target over and over again and get shot twice by a sniper and blow up.

I understand that it is a lower tear then a lot of others I am fighting but if you can't even apply the damage needed to kill a small ship then what is the point in it? At that point your just grinding for the next ship not supporting your team in any way.

I am curious if I am missing something with those lines? A different play style for them I am not sure of? Any help to a noob and noobs would be awesome!

6 Janvier 2017 16:41

The trafalgar was the T1 destroyer right? Because it only has 65 energy it's a bit difficult to play.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

6 Janvier 2017 19:44

yasha98#7056 posted (#post-89679)

Has anyone else noticed how under powered the Trafalgar is? I will give a few examples of why I say this and I am curious if it will be changed.

I was in a normal vet match and I noticed a sniper out in the open and alone so I used my blink, got in on top of him and unloaded everything, missiles, torps, and even full power to my weapons. He turned on his shield and hit me 3 times killing me while all of my guns and weapons only dropped him to a little under half health. I have done the same to some cruisers as well with the same results so I said alright maybe I will try to use it at range and just apply damage. I hit a target over and over again and get shot twice by a sniper and blow up.

I understand that it is a lower tear then a lot of others I am fighting but if you can't even apply the damage needed to kill a small ship then what is the point in it? At that point your just grinding for the next ship not supporting your team in any way.

I am curious if I am missing something with those lines? A different play style for them I am not sure of? Any help to a noob and noobs would be awesome!

Your first mistake was trying to go it alone and i would bet more than the arty cruiser was shooting at you also you was in a vet match with a tier 2 ship it could be possible that the arty cruiser was a tier 4 and if he was he would have little trouble taking you out. That said the Trafalgar is a good ship fully upgraded and will hold its own against same tier and higher you just haft to manage your power and know when to use that torpedo the Goliath torpedo will do massive damage when deployed properly but you need to take down some of your opponents shields first then deploy it.

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-89680)

The trafalgar was the T1 destroyer right? Because it only has 65 energy it's a bit difficult to play.

No it is in fact a tier 2 ship .

7 Janvier 2017 07:49

Oh yes, sorry

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

7 Janvier 2017 11:12

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-90160)

Oh yes, sorry

Star trek fan I see two thumbs up XD .

7 Janvier 2017 11:23

XD

^I want to believe^

7 Janvier 2017 11:24

So the best thing I learned to use it is the stay with a dread. The dread does the killing, you just throw baseballs at it but hey you get some points lol.

7 Janvier 2017 17:00

yasha98#7056 posted (#post-90166)

So the best thing I learned to use it is the stay with a dread. The dread does the killing, you just throw baseballs at it but hey you get some points lol.

Actually while a Dread can kill... you'll find, in general, that the destroyers, vettes, and snipers are make'n the kills... once their captains learn the ropes. Dread's tend tank well and anchor locations or secure pushes. In terms of dps while they can spike quite well, they aren't very good at sustaining dps unless the opposing ship is rather dim witted and obliging.

7 Janvier 2017 22:19

machinech#5333 posted (#post-90193)

Actually while a Dread can kill... you'll find, in general, that the destroyers, vettes, and snipers are make'n the kills... once their captains learn the ropes. Dread's tend tank well and anchor locations or secure pushes. In terms of dps while they can spike quite well, they aren't very good at sustaining dps unless the opposing ship is rather dim witted and obliging.

I did notice while hanging out with a dread that they would normally hammer down on a target making them so easy to steal the kills lol. alone I didn't have the dps to kill anything but maybe a unlucky vette but other then that I did notice I could easily keep their medic busy by sitting back with the dread and playing a bit more of a fire support role. not sure if that will change until I get to the higher tiers but it was interesting.

11 Janvier 2017 00:59

yasha98#7056 posted (#post-90228)

machinech#5333 posted (#post-90193)

I did notice while hanging out with a dread that they would normally hammer down on a target making them so easy to steal the kills lol. alone I didn't have the dps to kill anything but maybe a unlucky vette but other then that I did notice I could easily keep their medic busy by sitting back with the dread and playing a bit more of a fire support role. not sure if that will change until I get to the higher tiers but it was interesting.

As a dread player I'm not sure if I want to help you now -.-

But I will say your problems sounds like a mix of tier power disparity (unless that arty was t2 as well) and or the arty just putting his shields up before your module abilities hit. When I use the traffle-waffle-gar I found its guns to be pretty effective and working enemies down. Arties hit hard though! You gotta be dodging there fire or surprising them from an angle that is not there face...

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.