FORUMS

Noobs trying to fight higher tiers

Posté: //
17 Janvier 2017 10:53

The heavy dreads are bugged and do only half damage - they lack in range too in my mind.
Same for the heavy artillery and there's probably either a bug or flagrant underpower in the heavy destroyers' cannons effective dps.
(I see some pattern about "heavy" here...)

Oberon Arties are not on par with other arties because they aren't conceptually the same anyway, they are skirmishers.

17 Janvier 2017 17:05

Theobald#3611 posted (#post-94906)

The heavy dreads are bugged and do only half damage - they lack in range too in my mind.
Same for the heavy artillery and there's probably either a bug or flagrant underpower in the heavy destroyers' cannons effective dps.
(I see some pattern about "heavy" here...)

Oberon Arties are not on par with other arties because they aren't conceptually the same anyway, they are skirmishers.

True on all counts... however regarding Oberon Arty, I was remarking more to the fact that the high tier ships are in fact no longer skirmishers... they lose their agility and fire rate. Numbers show their dps to be on par with the T1!!! So basically their defining characteristics disappear an your left with arty that doesn't do it's prior job or it's new job very well. It's a real shocker for those buying into that line, grinding that far, then hitting that "wall" and realizing they're boned for the moment.

20 Janvier 2017 19:04

KINE#3011 posted (#post-93548)

Been playing the tier 2 Jupiter Arms destroyer alot since I came back.

Can't seem to figure out his role and how it fits in a team atm.

Cannot take out Corvettes if it decides it doesn't want to die after diving your backline. Cannot burst down Artilleries. Cannot trade versus a Dreadnought.

Feels very much like a starter ship for new players to get their feet wet in the beginning where things only get better as you progress up into the the others in the sub class. Nothing wrong with this, just a boring ship to fly.

You kill tactical cruisers, and provide crossfire. It actually a very good ship if you play to its strengths as a front-line support fire platform. Playing peekaboo around cover, coordinating fire with other destroyers, reinforcing pushes, punishing over extended or retreating ships, ect.

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.