FORUMS

Please add STRAFE to ship controls and Objectives to fight over

Posté: //
2 Mai 2016 23:03

Mis à jour //
2 Mai 2016 23:03

Hello,

Having fun playing Dread, I love and support all cap ship games.

Questions and feedback:

Why is there no strafe for the ships? I mean we have thrust up, down, forward and back but no thrust left and right?
In my opinion this really weakens game play from a tactical point. It just feels odd that a large capital ship like that would be so gimped, I think in order to have a cap ship feel realistic in in the setting and function you have to be able to thrust left and right, without it you get an unfinished/toyish feel.

I also think that the game would be a lot more fun if there was some sort of objective/objects to fight over.
Each team could have a ship yard that one spawns from after death, these could be attacked by the enemy and garantee a victory. This would open up additional tactics to win a game the more fun Dreadnought would be. Add a bunch of Refineries/stations that give bonus for controlling them, boom!!! this would open up so much more team play and tactics, now there would be something to fight over!

Anyway, I really want Dreadnought to succeed so this is just my feedback.
Graphics, effects and audio are excellent, just needs game play besides simple death match for replay-ability

Cheers smile

2 Mai 2016 23:18

I'll be honest, for this kind of game I think objectives will make it awful. At least, most of the ones we usually see. But I'd love to see left and right strafing.

2 Mai 2016 23:32

I dunno why, but some ideas remind me of a MOBA in Alpha that completely fooled their backers by doing progression wipe after announcing they wouldn't, and strangely introduced "premium" ships that increased earnings. Without refunding the backers...

Something called Fa..fa.. factured space ? Sounds like french for bill, invoice... facture... Hahaha (sarcasm off)

"Cheese-eating surrender monkeys"
Become a member today: click here

2 Mai 2016 23:41

Well at least you can get into games in that one.

Mormaz#5541 posted (#post-29050)

I dunno why, but some ideas remind me of a MOBA in Alpha that completely fooled their backers by doing progression wipe after announcing they wouldn't, and strangely introduced "premium" ships that increased earnings. Without refunding the backers...

Something called Fa..fa.. factured space ? Sounds like french for bill, invoice... facture... Hahaha (sarcasm off)

2 Mai 2016 23:42

Mis à jour //
2 Mai 2016 23:54

Yea, I play FS and maybe I'm a bit influenced by it but FS keeps me coming back for game play and I think Dread could take some gameplay tactics from FS and mold it into its own style.

Not saying it has to be like FS but it needs more than just Death Match.

Dread already has its on style in ships and classes, the way weapons and energy systems work is different from Fractured but yet both games are somewhat similar.

But that aside can someone explain the decision in not having thrust left/right (strafe) on large capital ships?Just doesn't make sense to me from any point of view

2 Mai 2016 23:51

There is so much here with Dreadnought, insane amount of work already put into it, would be a shame to only keep it Death Match and no strafe. Again just my opinion but cry myself to sleep on it every night.

So much potential I just wish I had controlling shares of the company so I could make these decisions. lol

anyway, going to keep playing and see if my opinion changes.
smile

2 Mai 2016 23:53

Devs said no to adding strafe because of some reason. It would be nice but it can be lived w/o.
There'll be a 3rd game mode Soonish TM, whenever it is ready which will have objectives.
(To be honest, TDM is broken anyways and should be canned due to how horrible the spawns are)

'Member when SixFoot tried to justify making Dreadnought P2W? I Do! No seriously I 'member! Also 'member "The Article"? I 'member!
SixFoot, a very accurate company name. They only bury their games Six Feet under.

2 Mai 2016 23:53

Devs said no to adding strafe because of some reason. It would be nice but it can be lived w/o.
There'll be a 3rd game mode Soonish TM, whenever it is ready which will have objectives.
(To be honest, TDM is broken anyways and should be canned due to how horrible the spawns are)

'Member when SixFoot tried to justify making Dreadnought P2W? I Do! No seriously I 'member! Also 'member "The Article"? I 'member!
SixFoot, a very accurate company name. They only bury their games Six Feet under.

3 Mai 2016 00:00

Mis à jour //
3 Mai 2016 00:06

I really want to know the reason from a Dev why strafe cant be added in.

It can't be a technical challenge since all the other thrusters work. Gameplay wise it wouldn't hurt it as these controls work very well in other large space ship games.

maybe I can accept it but need to know why first

3 Mai 2016 00:19

If devs have said it, my guess is that it requires more thoughtful decision making on the part of the players. As far as comparing this to FS, I enjoy this far more than I ever did FS. FS had too many moba-issues, and my biggest memory of it is that there were never any decent battles. Every now and again you'd have a 3 on 4 in the middle section.

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.