FORUMS

Squads are boring.

Posté: //
6 Mars 2015 20:50

Squads are for Battlefield, rename them to Armadas!

7 Mars 2015 03:54

Squads are supposed to be the equals to partys in other games or are they the guilds/clans?

O anger, turn to heat, dry up my brains! This mad thirst for vengeance must be quenched...

8 Mars 2015 16:20

Agreas#5219 posted (#post-308)

Squads are supposed to be the equals to partys in other games or are they the guilds/clans?

A squadron, more alike to a guild or clan.

8 Mars 2015 22:52

Mis à jour //
9 Mars 2015 02:07

INDOMITABLE#3597 posted (#post-365)

A squadron, more alike to a guild or clan. Squadrons for groups, Fleets/ Armadas for Clans/guilds? More differentiation between micro and macro.

Kneel, or be knelt

9 Mars 2015 01:19

Reverand#2178 posted (#post-391)

INDOMITABLE#3597 posted (#post-365)

A squadron, more alike to a guild or clan.
Squadrons for groups, Fleets/ Armadas for Clans/guilds? More differentiation between micro and macro.

Sounds good to me!

O anger, turn to heat, dry up my brains! This mad thirst for vengeance must be quenched...

13 Mars 2015 08:42

Squad, group, party...
You can call it whatever you want, but it all boils down to:

You invite a number of players into your squad and play together. With squad members coordination is much easier and you share matchmaking, meaning you end up in the same map.

This is a system pretty much as old as online multiplayer itself and serves the purpose of allowing friends to play public matches together.

Also:

F22xRaptor#7824 posted (#post-304)

Squads are for Battlefield, rename them to Armadas!

When you talk about armadas you usually refer to a fairly large number of ships.
I don't think a group of 5 ships would count as one, even if they DO have quite impressive firepower

13 Mars 2015 15:50

I would say Squadron, rather than Squad. or perhaps Flotilla?

Plays wargames. Been to War. Much prefers the games...

13 Mars 2015 16:53

Flotilla or Squadron sounds about right. Agreed that Armada sounds a bit too "big" for the number of ships involved.

I quite like the term Division (as used in Jack Campbell's Lost Fleet series), but I suspect for most people that the term will have too much of a ground forces connotation.

Exitus acta probat.

16 Mars 2015 09:41

I vote we call it a Toga Party!

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing."

May the Dreadnought be with you!

16 Mars 2015 10:25

Selerox#6711 posted (#post-846)

Flotilla or Squadron sounds about right. Agreed that Armada sounds a bit too "big" for the number of ships involved.

I quite like the term Division (as used in Jack Campbell's Lost Fleet series), but I suspect for most people that the term will have too much of a ground forces connotation.

World of Warships calls groups of four people divisions. Also, good book series.

I like the idea of calling groups Squadrons, though. Can call guilds Fleets.

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.