FORUMS

We Hear You! Reversion of the Officer Briefings

Posté: //
4 Mai 2016 12:44

We messed up.

That's about the long and short of it. Our entire team has been reading your feedback overnight and the one thing nearly all of you agree on is this was the wrong way to roll something like this out. A change like making Officer Briefings (Perks) only available via GP before the entire suite of GP-gaining options was available was a mistake on our part. As was, more importantly, not communicating with you the players that this was something we were considering. We, the entire Dreadnought Team, apologize.

The most recent patch (at 11:00am CDT) updates the Market to include FP as an option to purchase Officer Briefings. This is directly based on your feedback.

We want to reiterate that we are in Closed Beta, and that includes pricing in the Market. None of what Dreadnought is right now could be considered final from prices to damage, and we are always improving. There is still some things we want to try at all levels of the game. Maybe there are some cosmetic options that are FP only, or tied to progression. Maybe Team Elimination is revamped to something wholly different and more awesome. We encourage everyone to please keep an open mind on their definition of Dreadnought, as we don't want to paint ourselves into a corner creatively before it's time. We have been kicking around how best to communicate with you guys our ideas, without making changes to the game all the time and inciting further misunderstanding.

Which is why we decided to roll out the Player Voice section of the boards a little early. Here both players and developers will collaborate on what our ideas for Dreadnought are, and help take some ideas from the design board to the live game.

The first section 'In Concept' is where we will be putting some of the ideas we are kicking around internally and want some feedback on before fully beginning work on and implementing. And where you the players can voice what kickass new features you want. Together, we will talk through these design opportunities and really flush out what would be awesome to have in the game, while also providing clarification on some ideas that may not be within our current scope or vision of what Dreadnought is.

Once an idea is pretty nailed down we move it to 'In Development' to show we are actively working on it, and providing updates on the process as we white-box out a new map or what challenges we are running into with making community member Dogeneer less OP. You'll be able to follow along as we add some things and take out others before finally being able to see it in-game and live!

All of this is in service of one of the core tenants of Dreadnought, player feedback actually making a difference. Thank you for being so vocal, so passionate about a game that is still learning what it can be. The entire team looks forward to talking with you more about our plans and your ideas.

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

4 Mai 2016 12:49

All is forgiven. Besides I was only so mad because I wanted to play it so bad.

4 Mai 2016 12:52

Mis à jour //
4 Mai 2016 12:52

Good move, hope the game doesn't get canned from one PR disaster. You all are a small business, so it must be stressful to be held to the standard that we hold you to.

-I'll think of a good signature tomorrow... definitely...

4 Mai 2016 12:54

Sound good! Keep up the good work! smile

4 Mai 2016 12:54

the key to making a good game is exactly this, testing things, seeing how the users react to it and changing if needed, all in the beta.

congratulations on another step well taken

4 Mai 2016 12:56

Good, good, The rescue module worked! huehue
We shall keep our eyes open in case you ever try leave the holy path of non-p2w.

4 Mai 2016 12:59

Mis à jour //
4 Mai 2016 13:00

clap clap clap! not everyone has the courage to say: "we were wrong" congratulation!

if you go in Italy call me I will offer a pizza

4 Mai 2016 13:05

as long as you guys continue to listen to what your customers want, youll keep your customers. its that simple... its a shame more companies dont understand that.

4 Mai 2016 13:09

I'm glad that you reverted this, but I would like to point out, that at least from my point of view, the main issue here is not the way in which you communicated your plans. The main issue (for me) is that this decision pushed the game down a pay to win path. I realise that calling this a communication error sounds better than calling it something else, but yea...

4 Mai 2016 13:12

Many developers should learn from this...

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.