FORUMS

Dreadnought Alpha/Beta Testing.

Posté: //
12 Mars 2015 18:17

Drakane#2657 posted (#post-710)
(Stare at it longingly telling it how much you love it?)

That pretty much sums up what I'll be doing to the forum until its hammer time :)

Detected three minor impacts across the bow, No damage registered, Probably just debris, Sir.

12 Mars 2015 19:01

Mis à jour //
12 Mars 2015 19:05

Unrealxs#1195 posted (#post-663)

Chipinators#8309 posted (#post-651)

I was told by one of the employees at the PAX East booth that the game is in Friends and Family testing currently. Not much info but the only thing other than what is already stated.

Please, enlighten me.. how do I become a friend / family? Whom do I have to marry?

XAXAXAXAXAXAXA!!!!

"The First Of His Name"

12 Mars 2015 19:04

Mis à jour //
12 Mars 2015 19:05

Drakane#2657 posted (#post-710)

Thanks for responding Drakane,
And you mean test not play haha 😉

You're very welcome!

Sorry for any confusion. I meant that I and the whole team can't wait for you to get your hands on the game, whether that be testing or playing...or whatever else you would do with a game on your PC. (Stare at it longingly telling it how much you love it?)

I bet all of us already staring the videos on youtube and telling that we love Dreadnought already anyway :P

"The First Of His Name"

12 Mars 2015 19:40

Unrealxs#1195 posted (#post-738)

Make sure you have atleast 16GB free, and you'll be fine for any game :)

Star Citizen is going to be 100 GB, so....no, I don't think 16 will cut it for any game. :P

"Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them."
-Samuel Palmer

12 Mars 2015 23:48

Oh well, just like about everyone else and their parrot i'm eagerly awaiting any news.

i really can't recall last time i got so interested in a game that was announced out of nowhere(it was really a ninja announce!) from a genre that's been mostly dead for a decade or so(big spaceships) and that is nowhere near final release.

i've been following news ever since it got announced and now that we're somewhat near CBT oh boy!, my brother got really interested when i showed him the first teaser trailer.

but i'm really torn about "do i really want to play the beta, knowing it will be buggy and unfinished, or do i wait until it's final"(dont want to "tarnish" my expectations on an early beta maybe?), HRMMM decisions decisions.... (will probably jump into the beta headfirst hahaha)

12 Mars 2015 23:50

don't you mean "scam citizens" :D
and really?, 100GB..... jeez, good thing i haven't put a dime into that, my scam-o-meter goes off charts everytime i see something about that game and it's eternally slipping release date and feature bloat.

Ceesa#8411 posted (#post-779)

Unrealxs#1195 posted (#post-738)

Make sure you have atleast 16GB free, and you'll be fine for any game :)

Star Citizen is going to be 100 GB, so....no, I don't think 16 will cut it for any game. :P

13 Mars 2015 08:27

Well, remember that beta tests are meant for searching for bugs, glitches and game balance issues and not just an early game demo.

Because the more ppl give feedback about it during the beta and report anything that is weird, the less bugs you are likely to find in the final game

13 Mars 2015 08:38

YesWeCant#3497 posted (#post-801)

Well, remember that beta tests are meant for searching for bugs, glitches and game balance issues and not just an early game demo.

Because the more ppl give feedback about it during the beta and report anything that is weird, the less bugs you are likely to find in the final game

That's right. Alpha/Beta testing is incredibly important in a games development, it's easy to get tunnel vision and an outsiders feedback can be very good.

Even after release developers that continue using a small number of the community for testing and feedback (under NDA) tend to have a better product going forward, I hope this approach is something Yager consider.

Cosmic.

Detected three minor impacts across the bow, No damage registered, Probably just debris, Sir.

14 Mars 2015 12:40

I hope there will be enough people in the alpha/beta so we can test as when i was in Goo's alpha there was NO one and if i recall there was no AI or it just sat there doing nothing not allowing you to do any real testing.

If you got a problem use Dakka if you still got a problem you just did not use enough Dakka.

14 Mars 2015 20:49

I have high hopes for "Dreadnought". I've been looking for a space sim with Galactic damage being strewn about.

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.