FORUMS

Dreadnought Alpha/Beta Testing.

Posté: //
14 Mars 2015 22:46

Eliminateur#6803 posted (#post-788)

don't you mean "scam citizens" :D
and really?, 100GB..... jeez, good thing i haven't put a dime into that, my scam-o-meter goes off charts everytime i see something about that game and it's eternally slipping release date and feature bloat.

I'm not sure why people think it's a scam. The game is being released in small bits to backers as it's made, so it's not like the money is just disappearing. Just look at a series of youtube videos spread out over time and you can see the difference.

As for slipping dates, there was one big slip in the initial release of the dogfighting part of the game, but other than that most dates have been hit no more than 1-2 weeks late. Before Christmas a patch even arrived a week early, which was a nice surprise.

The game is going to be huge, no doubt about that, but the list of features has been pretty much locked for the past year. There won't be any more bloat or creep for the game until after release, which is targeted at late 2016 right now. And that's seems like a more or less reasonable release date, considering the state the game is in. But even if I have to wait longer, I don't mind at all. I only put $40 in to get the most basic package. :)

"Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them."
-Samuel Palmer

14 Mars 2015 23:11

and really?, 100GB..... jeez, good thing i haven't put a dime into that, my scam-o-meter goes off charts everytime i see something about that game and it's eternally slipping release date and feature bloat.

That's a little harsh... If you're more worried about the size that's because it's the first game to have 4k and even 8k texture resolution. We barley even have monitors that can support 8k yet let alone 4k standardization.

I haven't even put any money into it yet and I'm glad Star Citizen is being developed because finally there is a game that will push the computer industry to improve even more instead of just developing within current hardware boundaries.

As for release date I don't really know what you expect with a boundary-pushing game. Better they push back than release unfinished junk.

Dreadnought Reddit - Moderator Dreadnought Discord Server - Admin

16 Mars 2015 09:02

i hope they get the balance right i used to play bsgo and it kinda ruined it when certain ships where too powerful. this is a great looking game tho cant wait to play it always good to play the beta version beta players help the game get less buggy through feedback also get to grips with the game nice and early, altho its gonna cost me a new computer lol would love a date for beta been searching the web like mad hoping someone has leaked it lol
After tuesday even the calender goes
WTF

16 Mars 2015 09:19

Not sure how you can call something a scam when it has been delivering exactly what it said it would: Arena Commander, and soon(within the month) the FPS module.

You don't have to like the game, but calling it a scam isn't justified.

16 Mars 2015 10:23

Ceesa#8411 posted (#post-779)

Unrealxs#1195 posted (#post-738)

Make sure you have atleast 16GB free, and you'll be fine for any game :)

Star Citizen is going to be 100 GB, so....no, I don't think 16 will cut it for any game. :P

Well, if you see what SC has planned, it's no wonder that it's huge and trust me, it's fun to play.
(I'm a backer of the game)

Play smart, you win. Play dumb, you loose. Teamwork is the best way to secure victory. Lack of teamwork is a certain defeat.

16 Mars 2015 10:26

Thasarion#5795 posted (#post-956)

Ceesa#8411 posted (#post-779)

Unrealxs#1195 posted (#post-738)

Make sure you have atleast 16GB free, and you'll be fine for any game :)

Star Citizen is going to be 100 GB, so....no, I don't think 16 will cut it for any game. :P

Well, if you see what SC has planned, it's no wonder that it's huge and trust me, it's fun to play.
(I'm a backer of the game)

I guess it's a good thing I bought that 1TB SSD.

16 Mars 2015 10:36

Chipinators#8309 posted (#post-672)

CosmicNite#9570 posted (#post-669)

Thanks for responding Drakane,

And you mean test not play haha 😉

Yeah Drakane test, not play ;D

I laughed soo hard at this.

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing."

May the Dreadnought be with you!

16 Mars 2015 15:32

I have an old friend that is an employee with the company, she alerted me that the game was awesome when she got to test it, and encouraged me to sign up and hope for beta participation. I'm intrigued by the concept, I'm sure it will be more fast-paced than Eve was, which will keep me more engaged.

• Gordon's alive?!
  • Flash Gordon, Quarterback, New York Jets.
  • Flying blind on a Rocket Cycle.

16 Mars 2015 16:06

I got to play Dreadnought a bunch at PAX East and I've got to say, it was a fantastically fun game. It was awesomely tactical and the pace was perfect. Just slow enough to be able to make decisions and plans, while still being fast enough to be competitive. I'm super excited for the beta, I hope I can get in!

16 Mars 2015 17:16

I saw a few of the gameplay videos, mainly the AngryJoe vid since he does a great job explaining things, and am sold. I signed up for the Beta as soon as I heard about it. Been pestering Pax on FB about Beta ever since they spammed all their "Reviews" XD Personally I hope I get a Beta Key and can share this magnificent piece of work with the community through detailed reviews, and perhaps when they allow us, gameplay videos of my own. Till then I sit and twiddle my thumbs fidgetting in place waiting XD

"Life is the only thing worth taking, everything else can be bought with credits."

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.