FORUMS

Coating cost

Posté: //
8 Juin 2016 15:36

Lol 15$ ? Not buying anything for "gold credits" though , never seen they "buffed" price that high , sorry but correlation "quality - value" is completely fricked up here

( ノಠnಠ )ノ ︵ ┻━━━Dreadnought ): ━┻

9 Juin 2016 05:55

MrManiacal#2907 posted (#post-37879)

I actually like the system they have, but coming from MWO I'd also be down for more customization. How about a bit of both?

Sell the coating colors as bundles, but maybe bundle in certain liveries (like multiple specific colors of the livery) and discounting the pack if you already have one or more of the colors. Then you could use any of the colors you have and choose primary secondary (and tertiary and quaternary colors if the pattern/livery allows) Maybe also have premium bundles that include a pattern in them as well?

I will say, MWO's selling of individual colors is a bit extreme, bundling a premium high-contrast color with another couple of shades is more pallet-able (pun intended) to me, e.g. 3-color pack with bright yellow and two more shades, tints or tones of yellow.

Beyond that, I like the "worn" vs. brand spanking new alternate cybertree livery, please do more of this!
Last pie in the sky thought, maybe the longer the ship livery has been unchanged, the more worn it looks. You could then re-apply the livery to get the brand-new look later (would need a change confirmation or something)

I don't like bundles. I don't like any case of being forced to buy something I don't want to get something else.

10 Juin 2016 18:03

I was checking the prices last night for the paint jobs and I have to say it gave me a good laugh. These prices are absolutely way to high. I couldn't imagine paying more than $1 for each paint job and if they did it that cheap then they would probably see a LOT more sales of the paint jobs.

23 Juin 2016 02:15

Beyond that, I like the "worn" vs. brand spanking new alternate cybertree livery, please do more of this!
Last pie in the sky thought, maybe the longer the ship livery has been unchanged, the more worn it looks. You could then re-apply the livery to get the brand-new look later (would need a change confirmation or something)

This is brilliant!

"Though I fly through the Valley of Death, I shall
fear no evil. For I am at 80,000 feet and climbing."

1 Juillet 2016 13:29

Mis à jour //
1 Juillet 2016 13:35

Have to say that I agree. The prices for what you get can be way to high. I'd say for those that are in there 400-500gp should be the max. But I could see ppl paying 1300(maybe more) if special paint jobs were added(gold, neon etc.).
Also I think the cost of some of the decals and emblems are too high for something you only really see in the hangar. I'd say 100-200 for these.
The idea for a blanket 100gp(or low cost) with decay sounds interesting.

Wanted to add that the game seems quite expensive in general atm, so hopefully this will change with cb2.

6 Juillet 2016 09:38

I come from Elite: Dangerous, MWO and others. In Elite: Dangerous your paintjobs get worn out over time and the damage you receive accelerates the wearing. At most stations you can "repair the paintjob" like it was any other ship module, for a tiny fee. It's a gold sink, you know, but I also love having my ship looking a bit battered.

I seriously think Dreadnought could use some of the ideas already working for Elite regarding vanity items. Elite's already selling external, cosmetic pieces bundled for each ship type, and you can show/hide whichever pieces you want to make your ship look unique. These kits are about 10€, which is pricey for me, but you can combine the pieces just as you like. Most paint packs have 6 variations at 6€, which makes 1€ per color scheme. So when I checked the prices here I just couldn't believe it. And every now and then there's a community contest to include player-created paintjobs in the store. How cool is that?

Also, coating is not just to look unique but also to show off. How about rewarding colors or patterns to players who achieve status/ranking/badges? I'd also save tons of in-game cash if I could buy them with FP, which means I'd have to play tons of hours to get some. Talking about player retention and commitment here, if you get me.

From a technical point of view, I'd go with Substances. I don't know if they're already using them, just saying.

9 Juillet 2016 12:31

Have to say I wouldn't pay more than £1 or so for the coatings now.

12 Juillet 2016 09:08

The problem comes when the prices are simply too high for an item. The best pricing policy is lower prices with a larger range. Some games take the opposite approach and it's hurt them because people own buy stuff they think is worth it.

$13 for a coating is insane, and aside from fair diehard "whale" players, no-one will touch them. There really aren't that many coatings I'd pay money for right now.

As people have said, cosmetic bundles are a really good idea. People will think about those a lot harder than individual cosmetics, especially if they're priced right.

Exitus acta probat.

16 Juillet 2016 04:01

Prices need to come down there are too many online mmorpg moba micro transaction games out there how much money do theses devs expect to get from pc gamers like myself who spent 5k on their system. It is insane that our games cost more than the games for 300 dollar consoles. That being said I like this game it is really awesome man oh man though please be different than the other greedy game devs out there and lower these insane prices.

Sollarii

16 Juillet 2016 04:16

As I had stated in another post on this issue..

Skin and Coatings are what is known as a "Premium". Whereby only a few will be able to afford such extent cosmetic changes. I myself have purchased the Bun Bun skin. Did I think this was a little steep, perhaps, but I also remember paying $10 for a skin on LoL. Cosmetic skins are only an option and do not require purchase. They offer no bonuses to you or you team. Plus, me in my Pink Ship will stand out a mile while I struggle to find yours that blends in relatively well. Just know that all of what is spent on coating, ships, modules, all gets refunded when beta ends. Perhaps by then the amounts are more closely together with alot more added. You should let the developers know what it is you want to see, whether it be decals, paintjobs, or even certain ones that you could create yourself. Also suggest what you feel would be a good price. How much are you willing to pay to go screaming into Valhalla looking like something from a Van Gogh.. Change won't happen unless you ask for it.

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.