FORUMS

So we lose money for playing Veteran fleet now?

Posté: //
1 Février 2017 09:11

My replies are being hidden and my topics are being deleted , there is a way for easy money.

1 Février 2017 09:33

ItsGary#1520 posted (#post-100284)

Is there an ETA on the credit fix or an emergency solution... Say like removing the maintenance fees still you get it together?

I cannot play t3 anymore. I cannot afford the maintenance costs. Two lost games in row took 1800 from me and put me to 318 credits smile

Naw man you can't remove maintenance, perish the thought!. Why maintenance is the most original, most marketable, best strategy EVER just look at all the other games that use it! This is progress! Progress my dear boy! So what is we shed 90% of our player base!? We only want dedicated captains flying for the elite sinlay bay!

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

1 Février 2017 09:39

ItsGary#1520 posted (#post-100325)

DarthDukes#0855 posted (#post-100291)

This game is dead in the water. its been a month since the Stress test at Christmas and this is the patch? 1 thing was patched, the lvl 2 maintenance fee "feature".

There is no way, no way, the PS4 people are going to play this game, how can they? its impossible to progress without being elite, I am elite and I make 1300 on a match I pay 1300 for maintenance fee's.

There are better games out there for most people, I play cause I love the game play. Greybox needs to do something.

Its worse then this, The community is advising new players or those who just got into Veteran levels to simply not play and come back later and hope they have changed current system.

Yep, The community that loves the game so much is advising that no new players join it. I would love to see a response to this from the DN team. Especially since this was said on the Community Discord which they are in.

Aersdri#5059 posted (#post-100695)

I love how people continue to ABSOLUTELY F-CKING LOSE THEIR SH-TS, even after the dev showed up and wrote "chill, guys, that's a bug, we're working on it".

But seriously though, even when it was working good - I earned, say, 1200 creds (900 without premium) and had to pay 400. Almost half.
But why not simply reward people less credits for a loss? Say, 50%?

After all, this "pay after the game" stuff - I believe it's mostly irritating on psychological level. Like you know, that you earned it with sweat and blood, and now you have to give it back.

Perhaps you haven't been here. But this 'bug' has been coming and going ever since maintenance was introduced. Even before maintenance there were issues with people occasionally not getting rewards. Stop for a second and think. What is LOL suddenly stopped giving XP, IP, and LP for a day and a month later Riot (while still selling riot points) was still saying 'just wait guys the fix is coming.' The game would start shedding players by the million.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

1 Février 2017 10:12

Mis à jour //
1 Février 2017 10:20

Perhaps you're either bat-sh-t crazy, or blind, or simply trolling. Or may be even a mix of all 3.

The maintenance cost after the patch is simply bugged. A dev came into this thread and confirmed it himself. You continue to ignore it and yell in every thread "TEH GAME IS DED WE ALL DOOM'D".

Maintenace cost pre-patch was quite manageable even without prem. With 1 T2 (at the first slot), 3 T3 and 1 T4 it was 409 creds for me. My T4 arty (PLUS 150k exp for some T4 modules on her) took me around 30 hours of gameplay.

T2 has a chance vs T4 - just stay within your role and don't make stupid mistakes. Like don't try to kill T4 dred with T2 vette.
And a step from T2 to T3 takes 4-5 hours of gameplay at the very worst. Considering you lose every game in recruit and don't pay for creds with real money. So the "poor new player" can simply farm his way to T3 and ONLY THEN step into a vet match (as did I, actually).

People don't get rewards after the match - that wasn't a bug. That was a simple disconnect. Because somehow this game works in a way, that it doesn't throw you out of the game in exact moment, when the servers are down (that's actually quite a surprise for me).
But when the servers are down (and they were), the system can't register, that you got any rewards (or been in the game in a first place).
They resolved this in this patch (or at least they say so, let's see).

So quit b-tching. If you don't like it - don't play it. As simple as that.

"Hang in there!" (™)

1 Février 2017 10:39

Mis à jour //
1 Février 2017 10:43

Aersdri#5059 posted (#post-100728)

Perhaps you're either bat-sh-t crazy, or blind, or simply trolling. Or may be even a mix of all 3.

The maintenance cost after the patch is simply bugged. A dev came into this thread and confirmed it himself. You continue to ignore it and yell in every thread "TEH GAME IS DED WE ALL DOOM'D".

Maintenace cost pre-patch was quite manageable even without prem. With 1 T2 (at the first slot), 3 T3 and 1 T4 it was 409 creds for me. My T4 arty (PLUS 150k exp for some T4 modules on her) took me around 30 hours of gameplay.

T2 has a chance vs T4 - just stay within your role and don't make stupid mistakes. Like don't try to kill T4 dred with T2 vette.
And a step from T2 to T3 takes 4-5 hours of gameplay at the very worst. Considering you lose every game in recruit and don't pay for creds with real money. So the "poor new player" can simply farm his way to T3 and ONLY THEN step into a vet match (as did I, actually).

People don't get rewards after the match - that wasn't a bug. That was a simple disconnect. Because somehow this game works in a way, that it doesn't throw you out of the game in exact moment, when the servers are down (that's actually quite a surprise for me).
But when the servers are down (and they were), the system can't register, that you got any rewards (or been in the game in a first place).

"that" mentality is an honest assessment of issues with the game that the overwhelming majority of the community has been arguing against since the features were implemented. There have been several 'fixes' to various credit and maintenance issues yet the issues continue week after week. Heck they want to go open beta with a credit system that doesn't even work!? They're selling real cash products and fundamental features supporting them don't work? i'm sorry that's unacceptable and since polite discussion appears to have failed forgive me for resorting to the sarcastic.

Regarding your Tier argument. You're wrong, it's as simple as that. T2 has no chance vs T4 provided the T4 also stays in his role and doesn't make mistakes. All things equal the T4 will always win because his numbers are bigger. (and i'm sorry, any battlefield argument that starts with 'don't make a mistake' is flawed, it's unreasonable, because yes anything is possible with a perfect no mistake run. those are exceedingly rare).

from T2 to T3 yes you can get there with 4-5 hours of gameplay. For one ship. Just one, and that's not including modules. Of course, your argument ended there because that's the game's rut: 3-4 Hard, 4-5 extremely hard. Multiply all those numbers by 5 (you know, for that fleet you need?) and the grind becomes immense even without the continual MM issues and credit issues. All that of course, assumes you're great. Not just good, but great. Because while the system tolerates mediocre vet players it is actually designed to force Legendary players back down (unless they're good enough to win 3+ games for every loss). In practice it also forces vet players back down, because there just is no incentive to play the same amount of time for 1/3 the average earnings.

Then there's the fundamental issue: Most of these problems are new and self-inflicted. Before 'Progression' 2.0 we had issues. there were some bugs (credits, MM, UI, occasional ship/module balance issues) but each patch knocked out a few. The game was flat, but the game was good and progress was visible and we forgave it because the game was is beta. Then comes Progression 2.0. All it did, was add a system that the majority of the players hate and introduce a whole host of additional bugs and problems on top of the ones we already had. Suddenly, no progress is being made because all the efforts of the devs are being sunk into fixing Progression 2.0.

I'm not here to troll. I'm here because I paid money, got a glimpse of how good this game could be, and promptly saw it replaced with a product that took several steps back. I'm here because I hope this game can turn itself around, but i'm angry (as are many others) because the ship sinks a little bit more every day and the devs have yet to act.

1 Février 2017 10:55

Lincrono#9039 posted (#post-100734)

Aersdri#5059 posted (#post-100728)

"that" mentality is an honest assessment of issues with the game that the overwhelming majority of the community has been arguing against since the features were implemented. There have been several 'fixes' to various credit and maintenance issues yet the issues continue week after week. Heck they want to go open beta with a credit system that doesn't even work!? They're selling real cash products and fundamental features supporting them don't work? i'm sorry that's unacceptable and since polite discussion appears to have failed forgive me for resorting to the sarcastic.

Regarding your Tier argument. You're wrong, it's as simple as that. T2 has no chance vs T4 provided the T4 also stays in his role and doesn't make mistakes. All things equal the T4 will always win because his numbers are bigger. (and i'm sorry, any battlefield argument that starts with 'don't make a mistake' is flawed, it's unreasonable, because yes anything is possible with a perfect no mistake run. those are exceedingly rare).

from T2 to T3 yes you can get there with 4-5 hours of gameplay. For one ship. Just one, and that's not including modules. Of course, your argument ended there because that's the game's rut: 3-4 Hard, 4-5 extremely hard. Multiply all those numbers by 5 (you know, for that fleet you need?) and the grind becomes immense even without the continual MM issues and credit issues. All that of course, assumes you're great. Not just good, but great. Because while the system tolerates mediocre vet players it is actually designed to force Legendary players back down (unless they're good enough to win 3+ games for every loss). In practice it also forces vet players back down, because there just is no incentive to play the same amount of time for 1/3 the average earnings.

Then there's the fundamental issue: Most of these problems are new and self-inflicted. Before 'Progression' 2.0 we had issues. there were some bugs (credits, MM, UI, occasional ship/module balance issues) but each patch knocked out a few. The game was flat, but the game was good and progress was visible and we forgave it because the game was is beta. Then comes Progression 2.0. All it did, was add a system that the majority of the players hate and introduce a whole host of additional bugs and problems on top of the ones we already had. Suddenly, no progress is being made because all the efforts of the devs are being sunk into fixing Progression 2.0.

I'm not here to troll. I'm here because I paid money, got a glimpse of how good this game could be, and promptly saw it replaced with a product that took several steps back. I'm here because I hope this game can turn itself around, but i'm angry (as are many others) because the ship sinks a little bit more every day and the devs have yet to act.

They said they would look into report of it and if it cannot be fixed server side another patch will ahve to be done. No timeframe has been given at all.

The staff responsible for ensuring that this worked shoult have been working late to come up with a solution. Instead it looks like they all thought "Ah well we messed it up, Come back tomorrow and hopefully enough of the players are still here"

The fact its happened as they go into open beta and the advice new players are getting is "Do not play" Is only making the current issues even worse. Last night I was thrown into more t3 & t4 games then ever despite queueing as a recruit.

The kicker here is that I have a veteran hangar with one t3 ship in it and I cannot afford to fly it, I go to earn credits to fly it and I am put into veteran games anyway.

The so so response and attitude is actually causing problems, They need to be swift in fixing or applying an emergency fix to the issue. If they are so adamant on keeping it throw the playerbase a bone and remove it until it works properly then bring it back in.

Whats the survey up to now? 85% of the playerbase who took it want maintenance gone. Considering the dev team say they are listening they sure know how to not give the players what they want despite the incredible number.

1 Février 2017 11:46

i went 11 kills and 1 death on a loss and barely managed to break even. What the heck man?

1 Février 2017 12:09

NeedForSleep#8353 posted (#post-100755)

i went 11 kills and 1 death on a loss and barely managed to break even. What the heck man?

Obviously you have to run premium account if you want to get anywhere.

In the last 3 hours of play I have made 2762 credits based on what I had at the start and what I have now. That is flying a single t3 ship.

Given they want us to fly a variety of ships and be able to work as team I cannot see how they expect that to happen.

1 Février 2017 17:43

Mis à jour //
1 Février 2017 17:43

ItsGary#1520 posted (#post-100758)
In the last 3 hours of play I have made 2762 credits based on what I had at the start and what I have now. That is flying a single t3 ship.

So quick maths shows me that to afford a Tier 4 ship at that rate, not buying any modules (who can afford to buy modules anyway?), would take the simple task of playing for 103.2 hours.

1 Février 2017 17:59

I was so excited when I unlocked my first T3 ship, only to realise that I am now truly shafted by a rather punitive reward/cost design. Bit of a shame really. I may come back in a couple of months to see if the devs have changed their design philosophy.

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.