FORUMS

Corvettes are not overpowered, but..

Posté: //
7 Juin 2016 10:29

Mis à jour //
7 Juin 2016 10:31

WarViper1337#8868 posted (#post-37772)

corvettes have to much burst damage right now. I think they should be rebalanced so that they are more of a harassment type of vehicle instead of an assassin. It doesn't make sense to me to have an assassin class in a game where everything else is slow lumbering battleships that are designed to slug it out in long battles. Then we have the corvette that can shred an invictus dreadnought with ease and it just doesn't fit the theme they trying to sell us.

Corvette modules need a complete rebalance right now. Afterburn and blink warp should be on the same module so that you have to pick one or the other and not have both at the same time. Blink warp needs a longer cooldown since 5 seconds is way to fast. Tractor beams need to actually affect the corvettes in some meaningful way. Right now a corvette can just boost or warp right out a tractor beam with ease.

Lol stop calling Invictus in that way please , it's another stack of paper but thick and for some reason called "dreadnought" , all fun and normal armor starts with med dread.
If you want some SERIOUS rebalance i can try to suggest lower damage of both primary and secondary guns , as was said to be more "harrasment" fast ship , devs actually could try to transform corvettes into some sort of small and agile scout ships with nice guns on board and give them abilities to spot ships and amplify damage for allies by keeping them in sight (talking about teamplay and corvette actual role in it , not the lone wolfing mlg dorritos).
I only dislike blast pulse module on vet , it does not do enough damage to bigger ships but vet on vet duels are mostly - who has and pressed button first , it is literally "press X to win " conception here , i don't like it.
p.s. read my previous post about vets , i literally just put counter tactics there

( ノಠnಠ )ノ ︵ ┻━━━Dreadnought ): ━┻

7 Juin 2016 13:24

LightMonk#8477 posted (#post-35145)

Medium Cloak is spottable.
Heavy Cloak is short duration and increases damage taken while active.

Its good as it is.

Pretty much this...don't know what else to say. A half decent person can spot one and since the game tells u what the ship make up of the other team is not hard to figure out. Oh hey look a small ship on the other team might want to look out. A small amount of work goes along way.

9 Juin 2016 15:17

they only thing i can see changing on the vette would be the shield type for balance is the only thing i think thats wrong with vettes at this point

9 Juin 2016 15:32

That is what drain beam is for.

WarViper1337#8868 posted (#post-37775)

Odinous#5262 posted (#post-37773)

WarViper1337#8868 posted (#post-37772)

corvettes have to much burst damage right now.

But no armor,and if u take their shields out,its a dead vette.

A good corvette pilot will have boosted and blinked halfway across the map before any of that happens though.

9 Juin 2016 16:20

Not to mention that by dreadnought standards the invictus is paper mache it is a light dread so not that tanky actually.

9 Juin 2016 18:23

DTDlizard#7387 posted (#post-37778)
Devs actually could try to transform corvettes into some sort of small and agile scout ships with nice guns on board and give them abilities to spot ships and amplify damage for allies by keeping them in sight (talking about teamplay and corvette actual role in it , not the lone wolfing mlg dorritos).

I think that would be really nice way to improve the variety of vett strategy and tactics.

20 Juin 2016 09:38

Corvettte's seemed very balanced to me

30 Juin 2016 05:04

LightMonk#8477 posted (#post-35145)

Medium Cloak is spottable.
Heavy Cloak is short duration and increases damage taken while active.

Its good as it is.

Yes, from 8km you will see cloaked vette, thats sneaking mehind space rocks. It would be more fair, if you can see and spot for whole team, so they are aware. Not like now it is, when you see vette only seconds b4 death as its kinda hard to monitor 360 degrees around you. So stealth could be a low duration weapon, that is used right b4 killing blow, not for cruising around in space and play a battle 85% unseen and un dettected.

30 Juin 2016 05:42

If a vette surprises you in any ship that can't survive the burst, you probably got outplayed in some way.
Which happens, maybe the rest of their team put on too much pressure to ignore. Vettes without cloak use warp, and I definitely prefer playing against the cloaked ones.
Way easier to kill.

We need "Alpha" and "Beta" Camo Patterns! Just plaster the Word all over the ships hull in various sizes and angles !
Link: Artillery Overview

3 Juillet 2016 04:13

As a new player, who regularly has to wait like 5 minutes to find a match (is the game dying before it even officially released?) I say corvettes have been a big turn off. Every game I play corvettes seem to dominate the leader board (usually in the enemy teams favor). Though my time playing has been short, matched where there been no corvettes have been immensely enjoyable. Games where there has been 2 or more enemy vetts have been frustratingly bad to the point where I want to uninstall the game. My suggestion would be to make a Dreadnought only game type which is more thematically correct for the game. I don't think having a group of Vetts fly around bursting people down and then running away is very "dreadnought" like.

Sincerely,

A concerned new player

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.