FORUMS

Visual Downgrade from Alpha to Beta

Posté: //
8 Juin 2016 07:01

So I played Dreadnought in the Alpha stage and thought it looked beautiful. Now recently got back into it at the beta stage and saw that many of the ships and effects such as warping or plasma cannons look noticeably flatter or not as good as the were in the alpha. Was there ever any mention of why Greybox implemented a visual downgrade from Alpha to Beta?

8 Juin 2016 08:25

rcy#5691 posted (#post-37862)

So I played Dreadnought in the Alpha stage and thought it looked beautiful. Now recently got back into it at the beta stage and saw that many of the ships and effects such as warping or plasma cannons look noticeably flatter or not as good as the were in the alpha. Was there ever any mention of why Greybox implemented a visual downgrade from Alpha to Beta?

Actually Dreadnought was upgraded visually,i had the chance to check both versions,imo i like this one much more.

"The First Of His Name"

8 Juin 2016 09:43

Well man, everybody has their opinion, you don't like it, someone else does, but you seriously don't like?

1971-1996 Tupac Amaru Shakur, West Side Bad Boy Killaz!

8 Juin 2016 11:34

I have zero issues with those graphics. I think they're better and way cleaner now.

8 Juin 2016 15:38

Ummm , i thought they actually improved it Oo
For example , i had a reaaalllyyy blurry ships in hangar (graphical engine probs?) in alpha , now it's fine , shading seem to be improved too

( ノಠnಠ )ノ ︵ ┻━━━Dreadnought ): ━┻

8 Juin 2016 16:49

DTDlizard#7387 posted (#post-37886)

Ummm , i thought they actually improved it Oo
For example , i had a reaaalllyyy blurry ships in hangar (graphical engine probs?) in alpha , now it's fine , shading seem to be improved too

Every aspect on graphics improved from alpha to beta imo.From abilities to shadows etc etc.

"The First Of His Name"

8 Juin 2016 20:27

I personally had that feeling, too.
Especially the first hero ship looked outright cellshaded; It's one ugly boat.
But if you just came back, I recommend changing all the settings to, say, medium, and then fiddle with it after a reboot;
At least in the beginning there was a case where some settings where on minimum no matter what was actually set.
That definitely contributes to blurry textures.

We need "Alpha" and "Beta" Camo Patterns! Just plaster the Word all over the ships hull in various sizes and angles !
Link: Artillery Overview

9 Juin 2016 10:22

UnLimiTeD#2482 posted (#post-37903)

I personally had that feeling, too.
Especially the first hero ship looked outright cellshaded; It's one ugly boat.

Probably an issue with UE4's texture streaming, looks nothing like that to me.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

9 Juin 2016 13:12

The graphic settings are bugged. I fixed it once by simply changing graphics to All Epic and then saving and restarting. Doing it custom messes up the settings for me. For example I set everything on High, manually. The next restart changed some settings to high, some to epic. But actually some are medium, like the textures for the ships, so everything looks way too clean.

Blue Vengeance - Deutscher Multigaming Casual Clan

9 Juin 2016 13:19

I went ahead and moved this to the Bugs section as it seems several of you are experiencing the same issue with the graphics. Have you tried updating your graphics driver to the latest release?

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.