FORUMS

Ship Ideas or "SHIPSTORMING"

Posté: //
7 Avril 2015 00:10

Mis à jour //
7 Avril 2015 00:10

Ship Ideas
This thread is dedicated to brainstorming ideas for ships. The ships that the developers have shown so far are great.(15 planned!) However, having more variety makes the game more interesting and adds to its longevity. Lets help the developers by brainstorming, Nay, "Shipstorming" Ideas!

Example:
Ship name
Class
Description
Number of guns and type(optional)
General Shared Abilities(optional)
Unique Abilities

7 Avril 2015 00:49

Mis à jour //
7 Avril 2015 01:21

Warship
-Destroyer Class-
Built with firepower to rival a cruiser or even a dreadnaught. The Warship, by its vary name, is made for WAR and not peacekeeping.

Loaded up with Turrets normally found on dreadnaughts and Destroyers, as well as many other turrets that can be crammed in on a destroyer-type ship. Armor is also comparable to that of larger ships. However as a result its very slow in comparison to other destroyers or even light cruisers.

Unique Abilities

Gamma Ray Beam
Hidden inside the ship, is a laser system that runs the length of it. When primed, it opens hatches on the front of the ship exposing the lasers barrel. Fires a concentrated Gamma Beam that streams out at near-light-speed. Declared Illegal in many star systems, the Beam uses similar principles of a Gamma Ray Burst that can burn a atmosphere off a planet!

However, the ship has to be relatively stationary. And its firing angle is about the same as the Sniper ships. Maneuvering and main thrust is very limited while the Gamma Beam firing. Can not be equipped alongside certain ship abilities.

Dreadshot
It is a large Rail Gun that runs good portion of the ships' length. The intimidating-enormous-barrel sticking far out in the front of the ship. A visible warning to any ship that dares to challenge the Warship.

Like the Gamma Ray Beam, this weapon is hidden deep inside the Warship, waiting.... It also has similar downsides, but the ship can maneuver much better than when using the GRB. Though while the projectile fired from the gun is extremely fast, it can be avoided.

As to how it got its name, when used it battle it can potentially knockout a Dreadnought in one shot.When the shell that is fired from this weapon ability hits a ship( such as a Dreadnought) with such force it shudders from tip to stern from the impact. That is if the ship survives.... As well if it hits a Destroyer or smaller class of ship it will tear through the ship and potentially hit one or more ship.

7 Avril 2015 03:29

Looks like a "ship thread" in the "ship thread". But why not.

About your Ship Idea :
It's way far too similar to all the ships with seen so far. Like you just have take part of each ships already present in the game and merged them together to see what it will do.
Basically you just created a buffed up Artillery cruiser. The ship is a mobile cannon (with your ray beam and dreadshot) but with the armament of a dreadnought (which is really powerfull at close range) and a better armor (Destroyer armor).
So it make it way too powerfull stat wise, and it will like a little unoriginal compared to the other ships.

Waiting Carrier.exe to be present in Dreadnought.
Please wait...

7 Avril 2015 15:31

Sorry, I have to agree with Darkloser about the ship per se. But I really like the ideas about the ability.

Com'on: try again!

7 Avril 2015 15:50

Mis à jour //
7 Avril 2015 15:54

Something with that ability will need a much larger ship and also there is already a destroyer class ship in the game which is called Destroyer Assault.

Just my opinion I think you need to read up whats already in the game before making a suggestion on new content.

Give 1 drink to the dead and 1 drink to the living. Those who are legends and those who have valor. They remain apart of this world even after they walk the trail to a new journey leaving one story as we start the next, to one day become legends and hope the flame never dies. We fight!

7 Avril 2015 17:56

Hey folks, please continue your ship discussion ideas. I just wanted to let you know I went ahead and moved this thread over to the Hangar section of the forums.

-Drakane

7 Avril 2015 19:33

Yeah its generic idea for a ship, however I do not have access to the alpha/beta so I am just winging ideas. Theres 15 ships planned atm but not all of them are in the game from what I have seen so far from news/videos. As well it serves as an example that people can use.

Have not seen a video with a heavy destroyer class. So thats why I purposed the Warship idea. As well the abilities are suggestions, not expecting all or some ideas goes in. I just like the idea of a average but very powerful, tough, ship that could take on two or more ships at once. Even a Dread alone if it had to.

On a side note, thank forum mod for moving the post. Did not know it was an area I could post into.

7 Avril 2015 19:35

DemondOrth#7777 posted (#post-1955)

Something with that ability will need a much larger ship and also there is already a destroyer class ship in the game which is called Destroyer Assault.

Just my opinion I think you need to read up whats already in the game before making a suggestion on new content.

detroyer Assault is a medium destroyer, not heavy. Its pretty much the standard model, with more guns maybe? dont know since not all ships have been announced yet.

7 Avril 2015 21:48

Mis à jour //
7 Avril 2015 21:51

I figured I might as well pitch my Carrier version here as well and see how it is recieved. Kinda got mixed in with the other jumbled mess.

Class: Carrier
Description: Support Class ship with large mass, slow movements, high shielding, but low hull points. Field Control Support Type.
Number of guns and type: Main guns- General Artillery fire(Type up for recommendation). Moderate damage levels comparable to a Corvette. Secondary- Anti-Aircraft Battery Guns. Specialized weapons built specifically for Carrier Classes to Counter enemy Fighters.

Abilities-
Ability 1- Fighter Squadron Deploy- You can activate Fighters with yourself targeted(Or no target as the Default if you cannot target yourself) as a Defensive Bubble of sorts so when an enemy ship draws within a certain range the Fighters engage and begin to deal Damage Over Time to the enemy ship. Alternately you can activate the Fighter ability while a nearby foe is targeted(Within a certain range) which sends out your unit to deal DoT damage to the target. Or for the final option you can cast this ability on a friendly unit to give them the same "Bubble of sorts" to them for the time period designated. This gives the Carrier a bit of Support Power to assist in combat instances. These fighters last for a designated period of time and deal light-moderate damage. Remember this is a Support Class and not meant to wipe out ships left and right so high damage output isn't too logical from tiny fighters against a Dreadnought.

Ability 2- Bomber Run- You can target distanced foes with the Bombers as the Carriers main long ranged attack. These units will deal a heavier DoT but also perhaps inflict a Status effect such as Slow or perhaps increase foes Cooldowns due to the Harassment. This is the main focus of a Carrier after all, to carry out Support to a Fleet. These run on a designated Damage over Time ratio and lasts for a short duration(Not including the Flight Time between ships) This allows the Carrier to sit back in the Control Zone as a Carrier is meant to, and maintain it's Crowd Control and Supportive abilities.

Ability 3- Repair Drone Rally- This ability is activated when you target an Ally ship. The Ability then begins a HoT or Heal over Time much the way a Regenerative Spell would in a Fantasy game. These Drones hover about the target and repair a certain amount of Hull Points over a certain amount of time. The Cooldown for this ability should be rather high as the Tactical Cruiser is the main Healer unit. This just gives more Support to the group and lessen the burden the Cruiser might undertake.

Ability 4- Missle Defence Interceptor Drones- And finally I believe there should be a Defensive Interceptor Ability. This ability can target yourself or your Ally. These smaller squadrons have the ability to shoot down missiles. (With a % damage reduction rating so it isn't an God Shield or anything) These ships can be sent out to follow an Ally who is going into Enemy Territory and grant them a "Bubble" of sorts. Or it can be used to protect the Carrier itself if someone is attempting to wipe it out with a Missile Barrage. This would run, once again, much like a DoT or HoT by giving the defensive buff for a limited time before dissipating and awaiting the end of the Cooldown to be recast.

-
I have labeled 4 abilities due to, to my knowledge from watching some of the Pax vids, all other ships have 4 unique abilities with the addition of their primary and secondary weapons. Each of these abilities are left open enough that Dev's could institute a Formula for each action and ability with a corresponding Cooldown. I think that this was well displayed and worth being looked into. Thank you for taking the time to read through it.

"Life is the only thing worth taking, everything else can be bought with credits."

7 Avril 2015 21:55

WarnarI#9086 posted (#post-1970)

DemondOrth#7777 posted (#post-1955)

detroyer Assault is a medium destroyer, not heavy. Its pretty much the standard model, with more guns maybe? dont know since not all ships have been announced yet.

So something that will be in between dread and the destroyer class ? One type of ship name that comes to mind would be a Battlecruiser which could fit between the Destroyer and the Dread.

Give 1 drink to the dead and 1 drink to the living. Those who are legends and those who have valor. They remain apart of this world even after they walk the trail to a new journey leaving one story as we start the next, to one day become legends and hope the flame never dies. We fight!

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.