FORUMS

Ship Ideas or "SHIPSTORMING"

Posté: //
27 Juillet 2015 16:24

Mis à jour //
29 Janvier 2016 23:48

Ship name- The Unknown is scary

Class- Stealth Torpedoes Cruiser

Description- Small nimble ship to get behind the enemy fleet and unleash torpedoes at their backs to hit engines and critical support systems to lower the fighting ability of the enemy fleet

Number of guns and type(optional)- 4 to 6 on top and bottom, small fast firing guns, mainly to target missles and fighters (if fighters are added to the game like in a carrier style ship)

General Shared Abilities(optional) raise shields, boost engines and cloaking (idk the other in game abilities)
Unique Abilities- Torpedo salvo, which allows you to target up to two ships and release torpedoes to try and hit them, now you can change the type, from High explosive to Deep impact, where if a torpedo hits, it has a 2nd booster to boost itself into the ship to explode deeper inside and Emp to temporally take a ship offline for free targeting. But to balance it out, the ability has a large cooldown time, so can't spam torpedoes

4 Septembre 2015 16:38

Mis à jour //
9 Septembre 2015 01:39

Ship name: Deciever
Class: Tactical cruiser
Description

Small and sleek, this ship is very lightly armoured and lacks weapons. But is still justly a high priority target.

Number of guns and type(optional)

Two frontal turrets and one back mounted turret all with weak weapons

Unique Abilities

Disruption: Launches a small module that will stick to enemy ships, if it succesfully hits the victim will have all enemy and friendly markers swapped for X duration. Making the victims tracking weapons unable to fire on real enemies.

Disruptor pulse: by overloading their disruptor systems a giant pulse is created, shutting down all targeting systems until they can reboot. All markers dissapear and no tracking weapons can lock on. Any tracking weapons in the air during the pulse explode.
Ship name: Trident

Description

Strangely shaped as a umbrella with shimmering plates along it's sides

Quad weapons around the front end.

Unique Abilities

Mirror form: the ship folds itself towards the front and create a frontal barrier that absorb all all attacks hitting from the front. Charging power for other uses. Careful, if you store too much the energy will explode.

Retribution: all stored energy is unleashed in a devestating beam, burning foes in it's path until the stored energy is spent.

Salvation: stored energy is given to nearby allies, giving them shields and full energy for a short duration.

Both ideas probably overpowered, but eh. Gotta start somewhere and shave off the opness until it feels balanced

5 Septembre 2015 04:22

the corvette sounds like more support but i like it.
I also like the tactical.It creates many strategies and i would love to play it

Deshiva#4048 posted (#post-6414)

Class: Corvette
Description

Small and sleek, this ship is very lightly armoured and lacks weapons. But is still justly a high priority target.

Unique Abilities

Disruption: Launches a small module that will stick to enemy ships, if it succesfully hits the victim will have all enemy and friendly markers swapped for X duration. Making the victims tracking weapons unable to fire on real enemies.

Disruptor pulse: by overloading their disruptor systems a giant pulse is created, shutting down all targeting systems until they can reboot. All markers dissapear and no tracking weapons can lock on. Any tracking weapons in the air during the pulse explode.

Description

Unique Abilities

Mirror form: the ship folds itself towards the front and create a frontal barrier that absorb all all attacks hitting from the front. Charging power for other uses. Careful, if you store too much the energy will explode.

Retribution: all stored energy is unleashed in a devestating beam, burning foes in it's path until the stored energy is spent.

Salvation: stored energy is given to nearby allies, giving them shields and full energy for a short duration.

Both ideas probably overpowered, but eh. Gotta start somewhere and shave off the opness until it feels balanced

Dreadnought Wikia

8 Septembre 2015 16:14

I agree with Devas: it's a bit odd for a Corvette, but sound fun =D

Deshiva#4048 posted (#post-6414)

Class: Corvette
Description

Unique Abilities

Description

Unique Abilities

9 Septembre 2015 01:37

True, was thinking size was based on class for some reason.

15 Novembre 2015 19:20

Mis à jour //
15 Novembre 2015 19:43

Tetsu-Amada#3909 posted (#post-1975)

I figured I might as well pitch my Carrier version here as well and see how it is recieved. Kinda got mixed in with the other jumbled mess.

Class: Carrier
Description: Support Class ship with large mass, slow movements, high shielding, but low hull points. Field Control Support Type.
Number of guns and type: Main guns- General Artillery fire(Type up for recommendation). Moderate damage levels comparable to a Corvette. Secondary- Anti-Aircraft Battery Guns. Specialized weapons built specifically for Carrier Classes to Counter enemy Fighters.

Abilities-
Ability 1- Fighter Squadron Deploy- You can activate Fighters with yourself targeted(Or no target as the Default if you cannot target yourself) as a Defensive Bubble of sorts so when an enemy ship draws within a certain range the Fighters engage and begin to deal Damage Over Time to the enemy ship. Alternately you can activate the Fighter ability while a nearby foe is targeted(Within a certain range) which sends out your unit to deal DoT damage to the target. Or for the final option you can cast this ability on a friendly unit to give them the same "Bubble of sorts" to them for the time period designated. This gives the Carrier a bit of Support Power to assist in combat instances. These fighters last for a designated period of time and deal light-moderate damage. Remember this is a Support Class and not meant to wipe out ships left and right so high damage output isn't too logical from tiny fighters against a Dreadnought.

Ability 2- Bomber Run- You can target distanced foes with the Bombers as the Carriers main long ranged attack. These units will deal a heavier DoT but also perhaps inflict a Status effect such as Slow or perhaps increase foes Cooldowns due to the Harassment. This is the main focus of a Carrier after all, to carry out Support to a Fleet. These run on a designated Damage over Time ratio and lasts for a short duration(Not including the Flight Time between ships) This allows the Carrier to sit back in the Control Zone as a Carrier is meant to, and maintain it's Crowd Control and Supportive abilities.

Ability 3- Repair Drone Rally- This ability is activated when you target an Ally ship. The Ability then begins a HoT or Heal over Time much the way a Regenerative Spell would in a Fantasy game. These Drones hover about the target and repair a certain amount of Hull Points over a certain amount of time. The Cooldown for this ability should be rather high as the Tactical Cruiser is the main Healer unit. This just gives more Support to the group and lessen the burden the Cruiser might undertake.

Ability 4- Missle Defence Interceptor Drones- And finally I believe there should be a Defensive Interceptor Ability. This ability can target yourself or your Ally. These smaller squadrons have the ability to shoot down missiles. (With a % damage reduction rating so it isn't an God Shield or anything) These ships can be sent out to follow an Ally who is going into Enemy Territory and grant them a "Bubble" of sorts. Or it can be used to protect the Carrier itself if someone is attempting to wipe it out with a Missile Barrage. This would run, once again, much like a DoT or HoT by giving the defensive buff for a limited time before dissipating and awaiting the end of the Cooldown to be recast.

-
I have labeled 4 abilities due to, to my knowledge from watching some of the Pax vids, all other ships have 4 unique abilities with the addition of their primary and secondary weapons. Each of these abilities are left open enough that Dev's could institute a Formula for each action and ability with a corresponding Cooldown. I think that this was well displayed and worth being looked into. Thank you for taking the time to read through it.

I like the overall idea, but perhaps a few modifications to the stats and the 4 skill is in order. Historically, Carrier type vessels have been fast in strait lines but had horrible turning abilities. Perhaps it might be more interesting to make these carriers similar, with high strait line speeds, but maneuverability rivaling, or even worse than the Dreadnoughts. These vessels would be even larger than dreadnoughts in terms of size, making it an even better target for snipers (while on the move). As such, I would say replacing the 4 ability with a AoE cloaking mechanism that only works while stationary is a decent move. To balance this, the Carrier's survive-ability (shields) would need to be more average than exceptional, and while the AoE cloak can also effect allies while they remain stationary, it would have the major drawback of, should an enemy come within the AoE radius, the cloak is made inert and everything within it becomes visible to both that enemy and the enemies outside of the cloak. Due to these drawbacks of the cloak, it should be allowed to be toggle-able (active, for as long as the conditions needed to maintain the cloak - full stop, no actual weapon fire (aircraft can take off and land, but not shoot), and no enemies in the radius - are true). This, I feel is a fair trade off, as while it allows for camping, that can be countered easily by those fast little ships able to cover a large area in a small amount of time. It would also open up the whole new arena for game-play with setting effective traps and ambushes for the enemies as a group. As an alternative 3 ability, if the heal comes off too overpowered, it can be another toggle-able ability that cannot be used in conjunction with any of the carrier's other ship-specific skills that siphons off power from the carrier vessel's own (over-sized) reactor and feeds it to the surrounding allied ships. However, the more allied ships that are in the surrounding area, the less energy each ship gets per second.

Also, an idea for the name of the ship;
A.E. Enigma

17 Décembre 2015 17:39

How about some sort of ship (or a series of them) that create a giant shield. This would encourage team work.

12 Janvier 2016 14:58

neostyles002#2855 posted (#post-9826)

How about some sort of ship (or a series of them) that create a giant shield. This would encourage team work.

Although i don't play the game yet i just thought i could give it a try...

Name: Haven
Class: Tactical Cruiser
Description: Medium sized support ship, decent manouverability, strong aoe shieds, but no shield for itself and almost no armor(so it can be taken down by corvettes easily, but its
capable of protecting allies from long range attacks)
Main Gun: Shield-disruption-ray: precise, medium ranged weapon with very high damage on shields but very low damage to the ships structure.
Secondary: Maybe some sort of Heat-seeking missles to finish off enemys once their shields are down.

Abilities
1- Stasis field that prevents anyone from blinking around in the area of your aoe shield for a short period of time.

2- Shield Enforcements: Sacrifices your aoe shield temporarly to refresh all shields of allies nearby.

3- Focus your aoe-shield on one direction. it becomes stronger, but you're open to attacks from other directions. On top of it you can't move as long as you are focusing the shields.

13 Janvier 2016 02:51

Already 15 planned? Don't turn in this game into Warframe with so many classes available that I get confused.

13 Janvier 2016 04:42

CarbonMini#7392 posted (#post-10064)

Already 15 planned? Don't turn in this game into Warframe with so many classes available that I get confused.

There are currently 5 classes with 3 ships each. Not as bad as you think to keep track. I guess the classes make it feel less overwhelming.

Dreadnought Testers - Chat & VoIP

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.