FORUMS

Joystick / Flightstick Support?

Posté: //
7 Avril 2015 18:24

I'm not sure if this would even be worth doing since the controls are simple but is there any thought about enabling the use of a flight stick? I bought one a while go for helicopters / jets in BF4 and would like to get more use out of it :P

Dreadnought Reddit - Moderator Dreadnought Discord Server - Admin

7 Avril 2015 20:52

i don't think a joystick/flightstick would be that usefull in dreadnought, but i could see a gamepad working really well

time you enjoy wasting, is no wasted time

8 Avril 2015 04:57

We are working on game pad support. It's technical already possible - but it still requires some more polish to work and feel properly.

But I have to disappoint you in regards to joystick or anything like that. There are no plans for that (at least yet).
To be honest I can't really imagine how that might work. Movement and Aiming are two separate things with a huge ship - unlike a jet. As long we aren't talking about some really specific hardware I can't think of a way a common joystick would be useful.

Stefan "Stiefel" Damberg
Engineer, YAGER

8 Avril 2015 08:21

On the subject of input devices, have you had any discussions about TrackIR or Oculus Rift?

Detected three minor impacts across the bow, No damage registered, Probably just debris, Sir.

8 Avril 2015 09:52

I figured as much Stiefel, the game seems made for use with a gamepad. I was trying to think of how the controls would work with a joystick but with such simple movements as wasd it seems more of a hassle than useful.

@Cosmic
Since there is no first person in the game I don't think we'd be able to have any sort of first person VR. Though if you were to link head movements with a look around feature, like other games where you can hold down alt+mouse to look around a cockpit, that would be pretty cool. I don't think they have this in game though but I'm glad you brought up the idea to add to their list.

8 Avril 2015 15:24

Stiefel#2230 posted (#post-1983)

To be honest I can't really imagine how that might work. Movement and Aiming are two separate things with a huge ship - unlike a jet. As long we aren't talking about some really specific hardware I can't think of a way a common joystick would be useful.

I confess: I tought about using a Joystick the first time that I saw a corvette in movement/combat. But I totaly understand what do you mean with your reply =)

10 Avril 2015 16:16

Mis à jour //
10 Avril 2015 16:19

I was actually really looking forward to a joystick/mouse combo. .
joystick for navigation, keep the mouse for look,aim, fire. obviously a little tweaking as required, but I could see a stick on the left, mouse in the right, board in the middle, if needed.

This stick is what I had in mind when I drool over it.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=713258&SRCCODE=WEBGOOPA&scid=scplp606297&gclid=CjwKEAjw6Z2pBRCmvaXq6d7FjUoSJAAc5LriM-I8lxvP8-f6wYBVs-U-M714CipYlZHIQz0n4xHHuRoCMRXw_wcB

with climb/dive mapped to the trigger, and side thumb button. Powerdrive mapped to the thumbstick. use the top 4 buttons for abilities, leaving the base buttons free to remap however I need.

It would be cool if stick support was possible, but if not, I'll probably just hard remap keystrokes to the stick. It would suck to lose the nuance of control in navigation, but I would trade nuance of navigation for having to aim with a thumbstick.

as a sidenote: this is a pretty cheap baseline flightstick At $30 ish, it wouldn't be substantially more expensive than a gamepad, with options on both sides of the pricepoint.

Being a Mad Scientist means I never need to ask "Whats the worst that could happen?"

10 Avril 2015 16:20

That's actually the exact stick I have Tutes, got it cause it was pretty cheep but works great for what I need.

10 Avril 2015 17:04

yeah. I was planning on buying it as soon as dreadnaught was available. logitech is pretty good with their remapping software. I have a logitech gamepad that works great with most my steam games, but I'm complete garbage when it comes to a thumbstick for aiming. I started playing shooters back in Counterstrike (Day of Defeat, to be honest) and stopped playing them on consoles after Halo 2.

Being a Mad Scientist means I never need to ask "Whats the worst that could happen?"

17 Juillet 2017 11:57

would love to see this a friend of mine lost his left arm during an accident but he is still very into gaming, we play alot of games together he can control with one hand using his thrustmaster flight stick x. i would love to be able to play dread with him

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.