FORUMS

Concerning Hurricane Harvey and Development Delays

Posté: //
1 Septembre 2017 12:07

Mis à jour //
6 Septembre 2017 16:13

The recent storm in Houston, TX has had a minor impact on our release cadence and we wanted to keep you abreast of our adjusted schedule for the next month. Being a family-first studio, this past week we have been prioritizing the safety and support of our staff while also working to get these updates released without significant delay. The whole studio appreciates your continued support and well-wishes during this time of rebuilding.

We have received multiple reports of disconnecting/loading issues that have cropped up since PC 1.8.1 and are working on deploying a hotfix as soon as we are able, likely next week. We believe this fix will resolve many of the issues you are reporting, and please let us know if this instability continues after the patch. We had originally planned for the next major content update, PC 1.9.0, to release mid-September and are still making progress to hit that goal. It is likely however, with our full resources and staff still coming back online, this target date is affected.

On PS4, prior to the storm we were poised to submit our first significant update to the open beta build for certification last weekend. We are now aiming to accomplish this next week, putting that build’s live release to you in mid-September. This particular build is very important to us as we are, along with introducing the new onboarding/career progression system seen on PC in Update 1.7.0, reducing the cost of maintenance considerably! Our current development timeline has us releasing the new Battle Bonus system to PS4 in the latter half of October. Due to this and a small number of issues still affecting maintenance, we felt it appropriate to make this cost adjustment in the interim time and are very excited to see this update live as soon as possible.

Again, we cannot thank y’all enough for the massive amount of support we have seen online from our player base all over the world. It is your awesome enthusiasm for Dreadnought that has us itching to get back to work. We will provide more info about the exact dates of these updates as soon as we have them. See you in the stars!

• The Dreadnought Team

UPDATE 9/6/17: 1.8.1a went out today as a PC hotfix to address many of the frequent disconnect/kick to hangar issues that have been reported. We tried to squash as many instances of this occurring as possible, however there are some rare instances we believe still exist. We would really appreciate your assistance in tracking these down.

Please continue to report if this issue occurs again and contact our Customer Support team in order for us to gather logs of the incident and make further improvements in upcoming patches. Thank you for the continued support, your testing is influential in making Dreadnought great!

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

2 Septembre 2017 08:02

DN_EmptyTuxedo#3505 posted (#post-138260)

The recent storm in Houston, TX has had a minor impact on our release cadence and we wanted to keep you abreast of our adjusted schedule for the next month. Being a family-first studio, this past week we have been prioritizing the safety and support of our staff while also working to get these updates released without significant delay. The whole studio appreciates your continued support and well-wishes during this time of rebuilding.

We have received multiple reports of disconnecting/loading issues that have cropped up since PC 1.8.1 and are working on deploying a hotfix as soon as we are able, likely next week. We believe this fix will resolve many of the issues you are reporting, and please let us know if this instability continues after the patch. We had originally planned for the next major content update, PC 1.9.0, to release mid-September and are still making progress to hit that goal. It is likely however, with our full resources and staff still coming back online, this target date is affected.

On PS4, prior to the storm we were poised to submit our first significant update to the open beta build for certification last weekend. We are now aiming to accomplish this next week, putting that build’s live release to you in mid-September. This particular build is very important to us as we are, along with introducing the new onboarding/career progression system seen on PC in Update 1.7.0, reducing the cost of maintenance considerably! Our current development timeline has us releasing the new Battle Bonus system to PS4 in the latter half of October. Due to this and a small number of issues still affecting maintenance, we felt it appropriate to make this cost adjustment in the interim time and are very excited to see this update live as soon as possible.

Again, we cannot thank y’all enough for the massive amount of support we have seen online from our player base all over the world. It is your awesome enthusiasm for Dreadnought that has us itching to get back to work. We will provide more info about the exact dates of these updates as soon as we have them. See you in the stars!

• The Dreadnought Team

Since you like to call this is a "beta" release although it feels lile an early alpha at best, the rate that you are release bug fixes and balance update is abismall at best! Its like you done even care on how the game develops. On top of that you put an excuse regarding the hurricane or what ever to postpone even further the development of the game. Really guys? You are trying to justify a delay that you just as yourself said it didnt had almost any impact on you guys?

I have to say you are the most disappointing development team that i have met this far in any game that i have played so far. You lack structure and communication. Your above post says nothing about whats about to come or what you have prepare regarding the balancing of the game or any release date/schedule. You cant commit to anything it seems and youre just hoping that the game will be successful like this?
You lack professionalism and ambition to actually finish something that you have started and make up excuses to delay development to an already buggy and completely imbalanced game.

I really like this game and want to succeed but im afraid, that under your current leadership this game future sounds grim.

2 Septembre 2017 08:03

DN_EmptyTuxedo#3505 posted (#post-138260)

• The Dreadnought Team

Since you like to call this is a "beta" release although it feels lile an early alpha at best, the rate that you are release bug fixes and balance update is abismall at best! Its like you done even care on how the game develops. On top of that you put an excuse regarding the hurricane or what ever to postpone even further the development of the game. Really guys? You are trying to justify a delay that you just as yourself said it didnt had almost any impact on you guys?

I have to say you are the most disappointing development team that i have met this far in any game that i have played so far. You lack structure and communication. Your above post says nothing about whats about to come or what you have prepare regarding the balancing of the game or any release date/schedule. You cant commit to anything it seems and youre just hoping that the game will be successful like this?
You lack professionalism and ambition to actually finish something that you have started and make up excuses to delay development to an already buggy and completely imbalanced game.

I really like this game and want to succeed but im afraid, that under your current leadership this game future sounds grim.

2 Septembre 2017 10:41

It seems _LW_Arclite#4623 is right.

My experience: I start this game, and first, the launcher does not work. With a workaround the
launcher starts and downloads the patches. Fine. But the traffic is going down after a few
minutes, so you have to stop and to restart, to get a better speed. Seems you have no resources
for- or no idea of data transfer. If you have all the patches on your machine the next problem
appears. The launcher can't start with "play dreadnaught" (but it gives no feedback to me). Nice
so walk into the directory and search for an executable that works. Game starts, tutorial, some
games a very nice experience. But the game kicks me off. Okay that can happen, so i try to start
again. "Login-Server-Not-Reachable try a gain in a view moments." ...minutes ...hours ...a day.

You have a nice game here, but i see here a lot of problems and it seems nobody cares.

I don't understand how you like to hold a large group of members if you go this way.

3 Septembre 2017 01:26

_LW_Arclite#4623 posted (#post-138513)

I will concur with this poster. This was one of 3 games I was eagerly anticipating, the other 2 were No Man's Sky and Star Citizen. I don't need to get into what happened to NMS and after all the kickstarter shenanigans I will not be holding my breath for Star Citizen anymore.

This game had the potential of being a truly unique title. Outside of the outstanding ship models this entire project is merely a shallow Wargaming clone. And not even a good one at that. If you were going to imitate and copy another game system then at least attempt to come out the gate much more polished and learning from the mistakes of the people you are going to copy.

That being said I could almost forgive the uninspired mechanics that gearbox decided to follow but the then comes the added salt into the wound called your cheesy fremium/pay to play model. You don't have anywhere near the sophistication of World of Tanks but you honestly expect everyone to put up real money so we can merely grind higher tier ships? The fact that you don't just eliminate the maintenance cost completely and are instead trying to spin the reduction of the fee as some kind of boon to the playerbase shows just how tone deaf you are. No one playing a wargaming title has to pay maintenance/security fees to play higher tiers. They have confidence that they have enough content to keep the players constantly grinding.

Ultimately this game is a disappointment. When I think of playing a spaceship battle game this isn't even remotely it.

The primary issue with the game is that it's adhering to the World of Tanks/Warship mechanics to the point of obtuseness. The ships move and respond like traditional WWII era warships and tanks, except with the added bonus of being able to "hover" at elevation. While on the surface that doesn't appear to be an issue if you really think about it that is why this game is in it's current state. Everything from weapon and ship balancing to the map design are essentially based upon traditional WWII era movements and tactics. That's why Corvettes appear OP because faster more maneuverable vehicles have a distinct advantage in that environment. My suspicion is that the game was largely developed at the corvette ship size level, and hasn't been fleshed out at the bigger, slower ship sizes.

This problem extends to the actual gameplay mechanics. See in World of Tanks/Warships the 3rd person over shoulder view is perfect because it gave you spacial awareness of the vehicle and since you hardly ever aim at extreme angles your view is hardly occluded by the vehicle. And for added measure they allow you to switch to a turret FPV mode in case you need to precisely aim. These mechanics are created because of the physical limitations of the vehicles. Now look at this game and see where the copy and paste no imagination thinking is. The ships FLY. They are able to rise and lower elevation on command. Yet the view is perpetually stuck in a perspective that assumes you will always be aiming down the barrel like a traditional tank or warship. Almost all ships have wide arcs of view that are simply unusable for aiming because the ship literally blocks your view of whatever your aiming at. Wargaming put in a FPV to address this limitation. Likewise the radar works like a old school WWII era system, with limited range and the most basics of functions.

Look at the tech trees and modules. My super futuristic space warship literally has less customization options than a typical tank/warship on a wargaming title. And it's so uninspired I can almost imagine them lifting whole tech concepts from wargaming. You can't even preview every ship like in wargaming, so I have to judge which ship I want to work towards from a crappy thumbnail and esoteric stats. Which I largely suspect is more of a matter of aesthetics than actual unique abilities.

No built in voice and text communication? This game requires cooperation and needs social components. The complete lack of attempt of fostering a community inside the game is just baffling. Unless you know the game is so bad that you would hear nothing but critiques and complaints.

Now that I have waved my flaming torch and riled against what I have seen I would suggest something that I think alot of people would rather see in a game than this. And the image I have is not some radical pie in the sky vision but something grounded and based upon concepts that are already in existence.

If you're going to make a game about spaceships then movement and aiming needs to reflect the fact that you are maneuvering in a full 3d environment and all axis of movement and view should be available to you. The ship should move in all directions and be capable of being pointed at any direction and orientation in 3d space. Look at the classic game descent for an example. Likewise you should be able to have an unobstructed view from any directions. Movement needs to be analog and gradual, full forwards, no power, full reverse and increments in between. The radar should reflect the setting and be capable of being used to scan terrain and precisely locate any contacts based on a logical system. The matches should take primarily in space, with varying levels of gravity as a environmental modifier and captains have to account for things like gravity or drag depending on the environment they play in.

As for the tech tree I only have one thing to say; EVE ONLINE. If your going to copy any system then go for something like that. Have more complex interactions between modules, weapons, and energy levels. If you don't want to copy EVE then look at some of the tabletop spaceship battle systems to get an idea of show to create a sophisticated modification and build system.

PLEASE STOP WITH THE FREMIUM NONSENSE. The cash shop should strictly focus on cosmetics. You can have a ridiculous variety of color schemes, emblems, hood ornaments and special skins for every ship in the game. Special animations, weapon fx. Whoever you had make these ship designs is an awesome talent and you should be exploiting that artistic skill to fill up the shop with enough cosmetic enhancements that literally no 2 ship can ever truly look the same.

Such a huge potential wasted on such small minded thinking.

3 Septembre 2017 06:35

^ This guy gets it.

3 Septembre 2017 07:33

Mis à jour //
3 Septembre 2017 07:35

I'm glad to hear this news and am looking forward to the ps4 update. I much prefer kicking back on my comfy couch, looking at the big screen tv and using a controller. I'm getting too soft for the pc :-/
But what is it about this game? It's like being in an abusive relationship on so many levels. So many crying out for help but they won't leave, or they do and then come back for more punishment. Those who did pack their bags and flee in the night wonder why the rest of us are still here taking the abuse...
It's because we love dreadnought and see beyond it's faults, it's manipulative and enfuriating faults.

3 Septembre 2017 09:48

invisible_insect#9638 posted (#post-139172)

I'm glad to hear this news and am looking forward to the ps4 update. I much prefer kicking back on my comfy couch, looking at the big screen tv and using a controller. I'm getting too soft for the pc :-/
But what is it about this game? It's like being in an abusive relationship on so many levels. So many crying out for help but they won't leave, or they do and then come back for more punishment. Those who did pack their bags and flee in the night wonder why the rest of us are still here taking the abuse...
It's because we love dreadnought and see beyond it's faults, it's manipulative and enfuriating faults.

I just started playing a few days ago, so I'm just now catching up on all the questionable choices the dev team have made over the last year or so (Don't get me started on wasting 57k-ish research points on totally broken/useless fighter and bomber modules at tier 4. Seriously...the forums suggest this has been broken for nearly a year...what's so hard about fixing the targeting of a weapon type, or doing whatever it would take to make them viable?).

Personally I feel disappointed because of the extremely high potential of this game. The core game play is really great, and there is a lot of potential to expand into more game modes and ship types. When I am in a game, I'm usually having fun even if I'm getting stomped. Unfortunately it seems the devs want to shoehorn the game into a simplistic tier system just for the sake of making us grind, rather than letting us get to the fun part of finding our favorite ships and using them how we want. Please don't be like Black Desert Online, a game with a fantastic combat system but terrible pretty much everything else, the everything else designed to frustrate the player enough to spend money rather than being fun enough to WANT to spend money. Keep it fun, keep your business model honest, and you'll rightfully gain a large player base.
I'd also kinda like to punch whoever thought it was a clever idea to store xp on fully researched ships behind another money grab right in the face. Why not just make it an overall bonus to free exp and earn our money by actually creating content (skins, paint, decorations, etc.) that we want to buy? The ships look great, please make more of them and not just $40 hero ships that are pretty pointless outside of the cosmetic options they give the regular ships. Speaking of hero ships, why do they store xp anyway? Why not make them give a global bonus to your fleet rewards greater than the normal fully researched ship bonus? They wouldn't have to stack, but I think for up to $40 a ship it would be cool to ease the grind or some other type of reward than the opportunity to pay more money to get the xp we earned. I bought the Beta package, but other than putting some of the cosmetics on lower tier ships, I feel like they were a waste. Not too keen on feeling like I wasted $60.

OR let fully researched ships receive NO xp so that the ones we want to level get all the xp per round...

/rant

Anyway, I'm sure most of what I've said has been said before, but I'd like to add my voice to the ranks of players who feel like Dreadnought could be extremely awesome, but right now is being ruined by poor business choices.

4 Septembre 2017 11:30

Slow progression... Even slower if you prefer PvE .... Why should your money and time be worth less because you prefer PvE ... Yet there it is .. lower payouts ... Game breakers that apparently are not.... seen it all before though countless times of late (ever since F2P games took off , at least in most games that had subs progression used to be better .. note I did say most (Some very grindy games out there)).

So I don't think i'll bother spending any more money on this game and will see my last few days out ...

Then you will all be thankful I am gone , but maybe not my money...

Oh and I won't be slamming the door... just making sure I lock it and throw the key away!

4 Septembre 2017 15:40

I hope everyone made it through OK and that your family's are safe my prayers go out to everyone affected by that terrible storm .

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.