FORUMS

Is there anywhere I can go to take a look at the F2P model for this game yet?

Posté: //
11 Juin 2015 04:50

Mis à jour //
2 Octobre 2022 23:51

EDIT 10/2/2022 Wow what have you guys done to this game !! sorry to necro it:

Hi been interested in this game for sometime now. Is there anywhere to go on this website to take a look at what the f2p model for this game would be like? I understand there will be ship customization (im thinking purely cosmetic here) and pay for new updates/ expansions. Is there anything else that might be included? like paying for better weapons ..shields etc?

Thanks again in advance.

"The trouble with life is that there is no background music. "

11 Juin 2015 16:05

As far as I remember, the Devs has not talk much about the F2P model =/. But it is a bit too early, imho.
I think this topic will be discussed and developed when the game will be near to the release date.

11 Juin 2015 17:41

The devs have stated more than once that nothing gameplay-related will be purchasable.

Exitus acta probat.

11 Juin 2015 18:58

Is there anywhere to go on this website to take a look at what the f2p model for this game would be like?

Thanks for the question Diinkarazan! We haven't released a monitization plan yet but like Selerox said, no progression related items will be for sale! Please stay tuned for more info as we get closer to release.

11 Juin 2015 19:30

Mechwarrior Online currently raises a lot of money by selling mechs for real money months before making them available for purchase with the in-game currency. Is this something that will be considered ok for this game, or does that count as "progression-related items" in your view?

"Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them."
-Samuel Palmer

11 Juin 2015 22:15

in one interview peter holzapfel, the gamedirector, said that they were still thinking about how they wanna monetize the game, especially considering the episodic campaing. but like everyone else allready pointed out, there's no real info out there except that they won't be selling stuff that gives you any advantage ingame.

time you enjoy wasting, is no wasted time

12 Juin 2015 04:08

Mis à jour //
12 Juin 2015 04:09

jownsy#3157 posted (#post-3431)

in one interview peter holzapfel, the gamedirector, said that they were still thinking about how they wanna monetize the game, especially considering the episodic campaing. but like everyone else allready pointed out, there's no real info out there except that they won't be selling stuff that gives you any advantage ingame.

This is actually pretty weird, starting game development (and pretty much in its finishing stage) on a game without knowing how to get the creation costs back.. The team also needs their montly salary.. so..

Although Dreadnought representitives have already said that it is a TF2 based game, so perhaps there will be some other things,, like special items, coating, or some other characteristics TF2 has.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

12 Juin 2015 09:46

Howdy folks! Just wanted to pop back in and add an addendum to my initial post.

Things are always in a state of flux during game development. Nothing is safe from tweaks, changes, or restructuring, including progression monetization.

Know that almost anything we talk about here may change before release. :)

Thanks!

12 Juin 2015 11:51

@ Drakane... perfectly understandable at current game development position. Hopefully you guys come up with a fair system that makes f2p and pay&play have a level playing field especially in end game builds powers etc. May i add that it is very encouraging that you guys have the refreshing position that you wont nickel and dime the players!!!
Wish you guys all the best in what looks to be a very awesome game!! see you on the battle field!!

Thanks for all the replies.

Drakane#2657 posted (#post-3441)

Howdy folks! Just wanted to pop back in and add an addendum to my initial post.

Things are always in a state of flux during game development. Nothing is safe from tweaks, changes, or restructuring, including progression monetization.

Know that almost anything we talk about here may change before release. :)

Thanks!

"The trouble with life is that there is no background music. "

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.