FORUMS

Dev Live Stream (6/25) Recap

Posté: //
22 Juin 2015 09:29

Mis à jour //
26 Juin 2015 11:01

Hey everyone! What an awesome stream! If you missed it here is the YouTube Replay. I encourage you to post in this thread any information that has not already been posted and I can add it to the compilation here. Also please keep in mind that I will only be posting new information from this stream alone. For past dev stream information see the last stream's recap thread here.

Team Elimination:

1 life, when you die you respawn as a fighter jet.
4 Fighter Jets: 2 Offensive, 1 Defensive, 1 Support
Missiles - Average assault fighter?
Bombs - Drops bombs? More damage than Missiles?
Defense - Rocket defense system, useful to defend ships that don’t have missile defense systems
Buff - Activates a buff for teammates, boosting the attributes of fellow ships.

Pre-Match Screen:

Now displays your fellow teammates along the top, showing their name, what level they are, what ship they are playing, and what class of ship it is.
On the left side of the screen it now shows your own ship stats including weapon loadout, ability loadout, and what ship officers.

Shout Commands:

Allows the player to easily communicate with their teammates.
Current Commands - Point At Target, Attack Target, Need Backup, Follow Me, Need Repair, Re-Group

In-Game VOIP:

Still discussing it. They want to support communication as much as they can so Shout Commands are the first step. Still have to see how much to expand if they include in-game VOIP or let the player figure it out themselves.

Energy Wheel:

Updated with names that say what each section does: Increase Thrust, Raise Shields, Amplify Weapons

End of Match Screen:

Updated to now shows the outcome, the score, and each player’s name / captain.

Progression System:

Account level and ship class levels. Ranking up ship classes unlocks specific weapons for that class of ships.

Currency / Reputation?:

Two types: CR (Credits) that you will earn from playing the game and SP that you can buy with real money.

BETA BETA BETA?!?

Yes there will be a beta. They can’t confirm on that right now though. They want to get it right so that people who play will want to continue to play. More info to come Soon™

Q&A:

Q: Will Dreadnought be at PAX Prime?
A: Yes! It will be there!

Q: Why do the light ships look new and high tech and the heavy ships look old?
A: That is due to the different factions in the universe who manufacture the ships.

Q: Bigger battles? 8 vs 8?
A: There’s a chance, no idea what the future holds, but for now just 5 vs 5. Not a no, not a yes.

Q: Will there be a lore codex (background story?)
A: Yes, Dreadnought will have a very lively and rich universe and plan on expanding lore quite a bit.

Q: Will many ships have guns with limited firing arcs or will most of them fire in 360 degrees.
A: Quite a few have limited firing angles but it all depends on the ship class.

Q: Could you tell us how many maps are currently in the game or in development?
A: Currently there are 4 maps that are in a polished state. Space, Glacier, Highlands, and one other not revealed yet but will show soon. A 5th one is currently in development.

Q: Will this game be on Steam?
A: Not planned at the moment but they are still looking into all of these options. Can’t really comment on.

Q: Are consoles anywhere on the roadmap?
A: Not currently as they are focused on the PC but they do map all the controls against a controller so it is an option but haven’t confirmed anything yet.

Q: Do you intend to make the game fit the competition and support the competitive community if it appears, or keep the game casual?
A: Of course if there is a competitive community they would love to support it. Esports is something they are looking into, there’s no concrete plan yet but it does get screen time and people seem to enjoy it.

Q: Ship customization?
A: There will be a lot of customization for your ships. From figure heads, hull paints, different parts of ships you can attach like lego parts. You can make your ships look completely different.

Q: Are there any weapons that will knock you off you flight path?
A: There's a stasis beam that will hold you in your flight path and make you slow? But not really other than that. Movement is physics based so big explosions it will push you a little but since the ships are really really big it wouldn't push you off your flight path.

Q: Game modes?
A: Currently only the two but they are looking more into new ones.

Dreadnought Reddit - Moderator Dreadnought Discord Server - Admin

22 Juin 2015 10:03

You are the MAN Chip. Thanks for doing this!

Just in case you miss anything or want to verify information, I will make sure to get the replay uploaded ASAP after the stream.

22 Juin 2015 11:24

oh man i can't w8 for this,the sad thing is that i work till late that day,i hope the video will get on youtube fast though :D

"The First Of His Name"

22 Juin 2015 11:33

Sweet and I have a day off then So I can watch it =D

But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of Fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.

22 Juin 2015 11:40

BEER HYPE!
can you stay longer this time?about 2 hours?

Dreadnought Wikia

22 Juin 2015 12:25

Drakane#2657 posted (#post-3533)

You are the MAN Chip. Thanks for doing this!

Just in case you miss anything or want to verify information, I will make sure to get the replay uploaded ASAP after the stream.

Thank you Drakane! Always a pleasure!

Dreadnought Reddit - Moderator Dreadnought Discord Server - Admin

22 Juin 2015 15:43

Odinous#5262 posted (#post-3535)

oh man i can't w8 for this,the sad thing is that i work till late that day,i hope the video will get on youtube fast though :D

You'll get it sooner on Twitch than YT. Anyway, I too will have a huge work load that day =#

22 Juin 2015 22:09

Dedadude#1215 posted (#post-3540)

Odinous#5262 posted (#post-3535)

You'll get it sooner on Twitch than YT. Anyway, I too will have a huge work load that day =#

Oh ok,didnt know that,well at least we will have something to watch and w8 for after the work :P

"The First Of His Name"

23 Juin 2015 06:36

I would have totally missed that without this thread, thx.
Will be interesting to see how far it's come.

We need "Alpha" and "Beta" Camo Patterns! Just plaster the Word all over the ships hull in various sizes and angles !
Link: Artillery Overview

25 Juin 2015 07:38

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.