FORUMS

Dev Live Stream (6/25) Recap

Posté: //
15 Juillet 2015 19:56

mhh i still have to watch the VOD but i noticed, that in the recap it says we will be able to completely change the looks of our ship with cosmetics - in games like this were there is a lot happening and you need to be able to identify the classes/subclasses of your enemies. i hope that the cosmetics won't make ships completely unrecognizable or so different looking that you might have to guess what class it actually is.

one way to avoid/fix this would be to give us an option to turn of all cosmetics on other players in the matches

time you enjoy wasting, is no wasted time

16 Juillet 2015 07:16

Interesting point of view. More than make a ship unrecognizable, I was thinking about making a ship "blend" with it's sorroundings, like a cammo, so that it is harder to spot it.

Also, I am not very keen to the "turn off cosmetics" option: to stare on a brand new cosmetic is an hobby of mine ^__^''

16 Juillet 2015 15:36

well you would not have to turn it on then, it's simply for people who have difficulties to identify certain ships, given that the cosmetics make them look completely different and unrecognizable...

time you enjoy wasting, is no wasted time

16 Juillet 2015 17:10

I guess I'll play devils advocate here and say that I think the idea of allowing advanced ship customization would be a good thing. While I get what you're saying about identifying a ship from it's appearance I think no matter what cosmetics you add to a ship they all have a specific look. Artillery Cruisers are long and narrow, Corvettes are small, Tactical Cruisers are boxy, etc.

I also don't think there should be any feature to turn off cosmetics. Look at it from a consumer's point of view: would you spend money on something that's supposed to look cool and show off your ship when everyone has cosmetics turned off because it's easier to identify a ship? You most likely wouldn't. Also they shouldn't have "blend" camo as cosmetics are only meant to change the look of your ship and not change any gameplay aspect.

Dreadnought Reddit - Moderator Dreadnought Discord Server - Admin

18 Juillet 2015 11:46

Mis à jour //
18 Juillet 2015 11:46

Chipinators#8309 posted (#post-3716)

While I get what you're saying about identifying a ship from it's appearance I think no matter what cosmetics you add to a ship they all have a specific look. Artillery Cruisers are long and narrow, Corvettes are small, Tactical Cruisers are boxy, etc.
And there will be icons too!

18 Juillet 2015 11:47

While I get what you're saying about identifying a ship from it's appearance I think no matter what cosmetics you add to a ship they all have a specific look. Artillery Cruisers are long and narrow, Corvettes are small, Tactical Cruisers are boxy, etc

18 Juillet 2015 19:39

Dedadude#1215 posted (#post-3722)

While I get what you're saying about identifying a ship from it's appearance I think no matter what cosmetics you add to a ship they all have a specific look. Artillery Cruisers are long and narrow, Corvettes are small, Tactical Cruisers are boxy, etc

Forget the Doritos ITS ALL ABOUT THE ICONS!

Give 1 drink to the dead and 1 drink to the living. Those who are legends and those who have valor. They remain apart of this world even after they walk the trail to a new journey leaving one story as we start the next, to one day become legends and hope the flame never dies. We fight!

29 Juillet 2015 15:20

Mis à jour //
29 Juillet 2015 15:21

Icons will do the job.The cosmetic parts of the ships should make them hard to recognize(though depending of the class size,well i said it,the size will do the trick too to spot the differences between ships),and ofc cosmetic items keep a lot of people in a game,cause having a unique ship always offer joy.

"The First Of His Name"

10 Août 2015 07:21

Thanks for the recap :)

Dreadnought Testers - Chat & VoIP

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.