FORUMS

How will we be able to get the game? Steam and/or Direct from Greybox?

Posté: //
28 Juillet 2015 13:22

I am hoping this game won't be Steam-only. Will it also be available directly from Greybox?

28 Juillet 2015 16:47

Sieges#7051 posted (#post-3812)

I am hoping this game won't be Steam-only. Will it also be available directly from Greybox?

as they said the game won't be on steam.It will only be from greybox and dreadnought site

Dreadnought Wikia

28 Juillet 2015 17:32

DEVASTRATOR#4326 posted (#post-3814)

Sieges#7051 posted (#post-3812)

as they said the game won't be on steam.It will only be from greybox and dreadnought site

Not exactly. They said that the beta will not been on Steam, but on the release it will be there for sure.

Actually, I would like to know if they plan to release the game also on lesser known gaming portals (like Desura).

28 Juillet 2015 18:35

Will it be playable without a Steam account at least?

28 Juillet 2015 19:04

Dedadude#1215 posted (#post-3817)

Not exactly. They said that the beta will not been on Steam, but on the release it will be there for sure.

Actually, I would like to know if they plan to release the game also on lesser known gaming portals (like Desura).

That is actually false information. As they have mentioned multiple times, such as Stiefel's Post Here, they are working on their own standalone launcher. It's possible that in the future it may appear on Steam but as of currently there will only be a standalone launcher come the release of the game.

Dreadnought Reddit - Moderator Dreadnought Discord Server - Admin

29 Juillet 2015 15:18

Chipinators#8309 posted (#post-3820)

Dedadude#1215 posted (#post-3817)

That is actually false information. As they have mentioned multiple times, such as Stiefel's Post Here, they are working on their own standalone launcher. It's possible that in the future it may appear on Steam but as of currently there will only be a standalone launcher come the release of the game.

Ops, I remembered it different =/

Sorry for the wrong information, guys!

31 Juillet 2015 11:20

Ops, I remembered it different =/
Sorry for the wrong information, guys!

Hey it happens to the best of us, thanks for chiming in. :)

To clarify, there are currently no plans for Dreadnought to be on Steam.

7 Août 2015 15:23

Whereas steam can really boost the popularity and playerbase very quickly within a short amount of time, it can also be somewhat of a problem, I reckon.
For example if there is one gamebreaking bug, or if the game is not fully working, the Steam-reviews might turn out bad and thus, turn off quite a large potential playerbase.
Also, not giving everything in the hands of a giant like Steam/Valve is a good decision, even though the giant may be gentle, if you catch my drift ^^

Dreadnought - & - Tac. Cruiser

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. -5:40(!spoiler)

8 Août 2015 10:18

Mis à jour //
8 Août 2015 11:20

Chipinators#8309 posted (#post-3820)
(...) are working on their own standalone launcher.

Lot of games on Steam have a standalone launcher. Like...all the Ubi games? You start the game and U-Play starts and then the game starts. ^^

irishrOy#2575 posted (#post-4037)

Whereas steam can really boost the popularity and playerbase very quickly within a short amount of time (...)

I think that would be a good reason to put it on steam. And with popularity and playerbase also the amount of sales will increase... :P

JB Logo Cute little thingy-thing

8 Août 2015 11:19

J4nB1#5520 posted (#post-4055)

irishrOy#2575 posted (#post-4037)

Whereas steam can really boost the popularity and playerbase very quickly within a short amount of time (...)

I think that would be a good reason to put it on steam. And with popularity and playerbase also the amount of sold copies will increase... :P

Nope, the game is free to play with in-game transactions for ship's skins, effects on the weapons and so on.

I kind to agree with you that is unfortunate they are not going to publish the game on Steam (not immediately, at least) but, since they have at least two games on it (Spec ops: the Line and Grey Goo), I suppose that they know what they are doing =)

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.