FORUMS

"Fractured Space" of "Dreadnought" - Temporarily closed (Violation of forum rules) ~J4nB1

Posté: //
6 Août 2015 21:14

Mis à jour //
6 Août 2015 22:52

I'm sure a lot of you or all of you heard from the game "Fractured Space". I played it for quite a long time (Beta and all) and i saw a lot of similarities to "Dreadnought". In fact, these two games are nearly clones. Nearly.

I'd like to refer to this discussion in the steam forums about "Fractured Space" being a spinoff of "Dreadnought". Both games were announced in 2014, "Dreadnought" in June and "Fractured Space" in October, so 4 months later (or 3 months if you only count the months in between). The play style and the ship classes are really similar.

So far, i think the sound in "Fractured Space" is a little worse and it still bugs me, that you have so many turrets on your ship (on the large ships like the flagship) but you only fire one round at the time. Don't know of they changed this now, but the last time i played it was that way.

What do you guys think about "Fractured Space"?
And what do you think about the fact, that out of nothing two really similar games were announced so shortly after each other?

Edit: Link removed (violation of forum rules) ~J4nB1

JB Logo Cute little thingy-thing

6 Août 2015 21:57

Mis à jour //
6 Août 2015 21:59

I have never tried Fractured Space and there are a few reasons to it. Firstly, I don't like the game design. The art is not appealing at all to me. Secondly, the combat looks too static and boring. And the fact both games were announced around the same time doesn't really bother me. It's better to have two games rather than just one. More options are always better than none.

Personally, I will never play Fractured Space and I will definitely play Dreadnought.

Dreadnought has a punchy feel about its combat even though ships themselves are quite slow. And this feature in itself is remarkable. Besides, the art is just awesome and ships look great. You feel like you want to be a captain in this game.

6 Août 2015 22:15

i'm not trying to be a **** here, but discussing non-greybox games is a violation of the forum rules...

RULE 3: RESPECT OUR FORUM PURPOSE AND STRUCTURE

-Make your posts in the appropriate forum.

-Don’t start discussions about non-Grey Box games.

-Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.
while it's fine to mention games to make a point, i think you should not start a discussion revolving solely around a non-greybox game
also on topic:
it's not very unlikely that two very similar games are announced/released, that's just how the scene works. right now spacesims and spacefighter-games are on the rise again, so naturally there will be a lot of games coming out now, because everyone wants to hop on the hypetrains and make some dough. just look at all the minecraft-like games or moba titles coming out...
while both dreadnought and fractured space have some similarities, they are very different in certain core aspects. they have different game modes/objectives and the gameplay should be very different as well concerning speed of matches and the general feel of weight and how the weapons feel.
also i think fractured space does not have a singleplayer campagin (correct me if i'm wrong, been quite a while since i read up on that game).

unless two games are direct competitors i don't think you should compare them, yes the games are similar but we have not even been able to play dreadnought yet (that is for the majority of us, some lucky people got to play it on gaming conventions). the games are not in direct competition to one another as dreadnought won't even be on steam (for the longest time at least).

all in all i think this thread might get closed soon anyways, sorry buddy

time you enjoy wasting, is no wasted time

6 Août 2015 22:42

Mis à jour //
6 Août 2015 22:51

jownsy#3157 posted (#post-4013)

i'm not trying to be a **** here, but discussing non-greybox games is a violation of the forum rules...

RULE 3: RESPECT OUR FORUM PURPOSE AND STRUCTURE

-Make your posts in the appropriate forum.

-Don’t start discussions about non-Grey Box games.

-Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.
while it's fine to mention games to make a point, i think you should not start a discussion revolving solely around a non-greybox game

Ah, dang it. It's late here, should have read through it better. Thank's for pointing that out.

But thank you guys for your responses.

Topic temporarily closed due to violation of forum rules ~JanB1

(Maybe Mod will allow it?)

JB Logo Cute little thingy-thing

7 Août 2015 02:51

Thanks for understanding JB! I'm going to go ahead and close this thread due to the forum rule violation. That being said, you're not in any sort of trouble. :)

Jownsy - thank you for being a steward for the forum rules AND for responding with the politeness all community members deserve. :)

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.