FORUMS

Ship viewer

Posté: //
10 Août 2015 16:40

I would love to have a ship viewer till we get hands on the beta. Would that be possible? The 3D models of all ships in a web viewer so we could look at details of them and give feedback?

JB Logo Cute little thingy-thing

10 Août 2015 16:46

Dreadnought - & - Tac. Cruiser

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. -5:40(!spoiler)

10 Août 2015 17:59

Hahaha. I think this should mean a "H3ll yeah, want that!"? ^^

10 Août 2015 18:30

while that's a great idea, i don't think that they have time to "waste" on that right now. they should just focus on getting stuff in the game ready.

time you enjoy wasting, is no wasted time

10 Août 2015 18:32

It's not really complicated to do. There's are web viewers for 3D models. They only have to upload the Models with the textures. That's all. It's doesn't have to be fancy, it just has to work. :D

10 Août 2015 18:33

pretty sure it's a little more complicated than that. also, i doubt it would go down smoothly as they might have to convert the models/textures to a different datatype. it's simply a thing for the future when they have more time on their hands.

10 Août 2015 18:36

Hmm...maybe. I mean that converting. That could be a problem. Maybe they'll do it. Maybe not. And i thing after the release of the Beta we don't need it any more, because there will be a hangar where you can view the ships. Or not...?

10 Août 2015 20:47

well you want to give them feedback on the ship designs, but you'll just have to wait for beta then. cause that's what a beta is for. they won't start putting out different things one by one just so we can give feedback. they'll roll it out as a whole. and just as a time-filler till beta, it's simply not worth it.

10 Août 2015 20:55

Mis à jour //
10 Août 2015 20:56

If you want to give feedback, there is enough videos to have a good look at most ship designs. Just look carefully and slow down/pause in the right places.

11 Août 2015 02:08

Since Dreadnought uses a pretty well known engine (Unreal) there are model viewers already out there, and if not they should be up in no time. This could be a nice little community project instead of an official one, if that is a path they are willing to go.

The whole API stance discussion is something I really enjoy, as a developer I love to play around with APIs and tinker with the game itself. However developers approach community sharing and APIs very differently, two extremes would be Destiny and Smite. In Destiny the developers hate people datamining their files and activly try to make it harder so users can't predict next months random vendor loot for example. Then on the other hand you have games like Smite or WoW who have their own API and almost encourage datamining. The devs will even answer any related questions.

Kind of depends what Yager and Greybox feel is the best approach for their game, personally I hope for the former.

Dreadnought Testers - Chat & VoIP

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.