FORUMS

beta testing perks

Posté: //
11 Août 2015 11:51

what do you guys think should there be something special in the full game for the people that beta-test as-in a nameplate/title or special ship skins etc. I personally think it would be cool, whats your opinions

"Do, or do not there is no try."
-Yoda
"Fear nothing.. Attack everything."
-Eric Berry

11 Août 2015 11:55

Mis à jour //
11 Août 2015 19:26

Unique ship skins and/or captain outfits would be nice. As long as it is only cosmetics.

11 Août 2015 13:26

i personally don't want anything in return for betatesting. most people just want into beta to play before release anyways. for me it's actually a privilege being able to really test games before release instead of just being able to play earlier than everyone else.
i don't get why people always want something just because they participated in a beta...

time you enjoy wasting, is no wasted time

11 Août 2015 13:30

Given that everyone has an interest in Beta-Testers getting into the game to test it, not to grab merchandise, I'm voting for nothing.

We need "Alpha" and "Beta" Camo Patterns! Just plaster the Word all over the ships hull in various sizes and angles !
Link: Artillery Overview

11 Août 2015 13:52

Nah, I'm for nothing as well. Maybe an acknowledgement in the credits? Like "Thanks to our beta testers (...)" and a list of all the testers. I don't think you should get a physical goodie.

JB Logo Cute little thingy-thing

11 Août 2015 14:16

Mis à jour //
11 Août 2015 14:16

Actually: Nothing.

But very often DEVs hand out something "special", but I would advise not to put too much effort into it.
I personally dont need anything fancy, but even a simple "B" for Beta as a decal or something like that would be more than fine.

Being able to finally play Dreadnought is more than enough for BETA-participation xD

Dreadnought - & - Tac. Cruiser

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. -5:40(!spoiler)

11 Août 2015 14:55

Giving something to people who were "lucky" to be selected for Beta seems just wrong. A forum title might be useful though, that is also informative. Alpha/Beta players could perhaps be given a discount on a "starter" pack or something like that, but nothing exclusive.

However once we hit a more accessible phase I see nothing wrong with giving people some perks for playing during a set time period before launch.

Dreadnought Testers - Chat & VoIP

11 Août 2015 15:10

I don`t mind if i get nothing if i am lucky enough to get picked to play the beta that been said i would be more than happy with just a basic ship skin or title or rank.

If you got a problem use Dakka if you still got a problem you just did not use enough Dakka.

11 Août 2015 15:16

I think we all agree it doesn't have to be anything big. ^^

Just something small. But something like a skin or title would be cool, but maybe a little "unfair". But is it so unfair? I mean, we are active in the forums and give feedback to the devs.

As i said, i think an acknowledgement in the credits is the best i think. That's how other games do it as well. And it's not really something other people can be jealous about. Also, a title in the forums would be cool. Like, in the avatar? Like the thing the Mods have. A small icon (why not the Greek capital beta character) in the corner of the avatar. That would be enough i think. Right? :D

JB Logo Cute little thingy-thing

11 Août 2015 15:21

J4nB1#5520 posted (#post-4371)

I think we all agree it doesn't have to be anything big. ^^

Just something small. But something like a skin or title would be cool, but maybe a little "unfair". But is it so unfair? I mean, we are active in the forums and give feedback to the devs.

As i said, i think an acknowledgement in the credits is the best i think. That's how other games do it as well. And it's not really something other people can be jealous about. Also, a title in the forums would be cool. Like, in the avatar? Like the thing the Mods have. A small icon (why not the Greek capital beta character) in the corner of the avatar. That would be enough i think. Right? :D

agree :) or even greek alpha letter for the alpha testers :D

Dreadnought Wikia

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.