FORUMS

How to report bugs/glitches/etc.?

Posté: //
14 Août 2015 11:45

Drakane#2657 posted (#post-4686)

The plan currently is a private forum section as THD and Irish have said.

It'll be like a secret club house for the testers.

That would be awesome.

Sherogorat and IrishrOy after a good nuke

14 Août 2015 17:12

Mis à jour //
14 Août 2015 17:16

Yeah, man, an own club to sit around, have fun, do stuff. At first appears serious, but suddenly turn out it's a just a more fun-part of the forums xD

J kidding, just kidding. I'd love to be a part of that private club, yo smile

Dreadnought - & - Tac. Cruiser

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. -5:40(!spoiler)

14 Août 2015 17:18

I can´t decide if i´m the one who jumps out of the window or the burning dude. ö_ö

15 Août 2015 01:30

And I assume that this would be free for all to see once the game goes live/open beta?

Sherogorat#7757 posted (#post-4704)

I can´t decide if i´m the one who jumps out of the window or the burning dude. ö_ö

I'm the burning dude. I'm always the burning dude.

15 Août 2015 04:58

Mis à jour //
15 Août 2015 04:59

Sherogorat#7757 posted (#post-4704)

or the woman that throws the baby away, or the baby..?

Captain_Korth#1604 posted
And I assume that this would be free for all to see once the game goes live/open beta?

Very often these forum-types get deleted when the game launches or are "stored away", as far as I know.
But maybe Yager decides to it the other way around and publicly releases it ^^

15 Août 2015 06:34

a private forum is the way to go with a dedicated bugs and such thread... unless they add a in-game button for direct bug reporting for devs using third-party ticket software, at least for alpha testers in the beginning which would be a nice touch plus the devs could keep everything organized and prioritized depending on the type of bug reported and the difficulty of solutions etc.

15 Août 2015 06:59

I think secret board for bug reporting is a bad idea. I had bad experiences with bug reporting over forums (see "Stonehearth" by "Radiant" game). Maybe a forum board for general discussions about tweaking and balancing during beta, that would be great. But you should have a bug tracker software. That would make it a lot easier for the devs.

@Yager-Devs and @Greybox: Don't use the forum for bug reporting. It'll be a mess. Use it for balancing and tweaking feedback.

JB Logo Cute little thingy-thing

15 Août 2015 07:04

J4nB1#5520 posted (#post-4758)

@Yager-Devs and @Greybox: Don't use the forum for bug reporting. It'll be a mess. Use it for balancing and tweaking feedback.

RIP in Shippieces privat Beta Tester club house "Sad MLG horn in the distance"

15 Août 2015 07:25

Ouu shi†! Just had an idea smile

Bug-&Issue-reporting like in DayZ Standalone! Making a certain website, ppl can submit "tickets" officially there, for example what kind of bug (gameplay, character, visual, audio, inventory, etc., when it occurs, what OS you have, etc.).

That would work, too.
Yeah, reporting bugs (officially) on forums can be tricky. I myself have been in "danger" some times, because I brought attention to an exploit (for example teleporting in DirtyBomb), but immediately was being warned I would be banned. In the GRP-forums I even was banned for 3 weeks or so for posting a link to a youtube-video where you could see the cheater doing cheater-things).

15 Août 2015 07:26

Sherogorat#7757 posted (#post-4762)

J4nB1#5520 posted (#post-4758)

RIP in Shippieces privat Beta Tester club house "Sad MLG horn in the distance"

Ah, c'mon man. Don't make me feel bad.

I just had bad experiences with forum bug reporting in the past, there will be about 1'000 topics over time in that board. That'll be a mess. You will not know that bug's are solved, which ones aren't reproducible, which one they are working on and so on. It's good for balancing and tweaking discussions, but not for bug reporting.

JB Logo Cute little thingy-thing

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.