FORUMS

The Grand fleets (Lore and Story of greybox up to now)

Posté: //
16 Août 2015 02:02

Mis à jour //
16 Août 2015 21:07

In grey goo, if you played it, you might've been the few people to notice the back story of the goo and what happened when we turned it off... So if you don't, or aren't 100% then tune in (yes it obviously relates to dreadnought, spoiler?) So, the goo were created to become a von Neumann probe (not liquid, not solid, von Neumann) and travel to the stars through some sci-fi reason, and every planet we got to that was inhabitable, we fought over. Eventually we smartened up after 9 (technically 8, the war stopped before ecosystem 9 was discovered, I assume) habitable planets "but every one, we fought over, in the end heard no new voices, no songs, no poems, only silence." so... We "turned off our drones, and grounded our dreadnoughts-" yes, dreadnoughts. If it didn't hit you already, we are fighting a war, spanning planets after planets, both habitable such as earth, or as volatile as mercury, during the goo's time of discovery... This is the pre Logue to the grey goo's malfunction and the discovery of the beta... ( we also stopped venturing out into space because we couldn't find any other sentient life, and now they did. Might play into the future of this universe hint hint).

EDIT After watching the Gamescom video, and now knowing that ships are constructed by private companies, its seems something else is occurring. So in dreadnought, you are a mercenary captain trying to make a name for yourself in "a solar system rife(?) with conflict" this means we HAVENT gone outside our little area of space, which could mean that the story of the goo, is further away (time wise) than before(the goo allowed us to find habitable planets way far out, and only after so many habitable planets did we stop fighting).

Nonetheless it may still connect together, as there have been clues everywhere, from art styles to key words. This is all of the information gathered so far, and I can't wait to see what else is hiding.

The choices of our ships shouldnt be linear upgrades, they should be overhauls of the ship's playstyle

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

16 Août 2015 02:13

Mis à jour //
16 Août 2015 02:15

Adding on, the 3 factions that some people are referring to seem to reveal themselves in the Dreadnought profile pictures. 1st Faction is militaristic. Orderly, with more metallic like ships (maybe the dreadnought with the skull 💀) and people, my profile picture. 2nd Faction is futuristic, the sleek white lined ships and the contemporary outfitted people. 3rd and probably the most obvious looking at the profile pictures, is the industrial/scavenger faction (I like it being industrial more though) this faction has the steel like ships and, the profile pictures that scream "ENGINEER OVER HERE"

The choices of our ships shouldnt be linear upgrades, they should be overhauls of the ship's playstyle

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

16 Août 2015 08:23

U-505#1540 posted (#post-4930)

Adding on, the 3 factions that some people are referring to seem to reveal themselves in the Dreadnought profile pictures. 1st Faction is militaristic. Orderly, with more metallic like ships (maybe the dreadnought with the skull 💀) and people, my profile picture. 2nd Faction is futuristic, the sleek white lined ships and the contemporary outfitted people. 3rd and probably the most obvious looking at the profile pictures, is the industrial/scavenger faction (I like it being industrial more though) this faction has the steel like ships and, the profile pictures that scream "ENGINEER OVER HERE"

About that point: it has been said (so, it may be changed) that the ships are not from factions, but from private companies (something like MSCI, Origin and the other ship producers in a very know game still in development). Also, the sub classes are not influenced byt the producers: Company A may be the producer of the Heavy Dreadnought, Medium Tactical Cruiser and Light Corvette.

About the Lore post, I have no idea: I have started playing the game, but I did not finished. Aside that we have really few to none information on the Story of Dreadnough.

Also, remember that Dreadnought is a very common word used in many game, so we can't assume that there will be a correlation just based on that single word.

But anyway, thank you for your posts =)

16 Août 2015 20:47

Mis à jour //
16 Août 2015 21:10

Dedadude#1215 posted (#post-4955)

U-505#1540 posted (#post-4930)

About that point: it has been said (so, it may be changed) that the ships are not from factions, but from private companies (something like MSCI, Origin and the other ship producers in a very know game still in development). Also, the sub classes are not influenced byt the producers: Company A may be the producer of the Heavy Dreadnought, Medium Tactical Cruiser and Light Corvette.

About the Lore post, I have no idea: I have started playing the game, but I did not finished. Aside that we have really few to none information on the Story of Dreadnough.

Also, remember that Dreadnought is a very common word used in many game, so we can't assume that there will be a correlation just based on that single word.

But anyway, thank you for your posts =)

I just used the word factions, I only realize that the ship styles (that are similar) are from the same group, and that I believe some captains are either influenced or belong to these groups. Also, the correlation with the word Dreadnought is based off the fact that both games are by greybox in a way soooooo.... (Also I never found dreadnought to be a common ship name, but that could just be me)

I have to ask though, were did you get the notion that by ship design I meant subclass difference? (either I typed wrong or you assumed, and I don't want it to be the first)

I must say, I'm more upset the ships are by private companies than nations, just for the sake of the story, but it may turn into something like in Avatar with the war/mining company, and have like 3/4 fighting for these planets (why a mining operation should ever require that ordnance is insane, but it has happened in history and shall again perhaps?)

17 Août 2015 04:59

U-505#1540 posted (#post-5079)

I just used the word factions, I only realize that the ship styles (that are similar) are from the same group, and that I believe some captains are either influenced or belong to these groups. Also, the correlation with the word Dreadnought is based off the fact that both games are by greybox in a way soooooo.... (Also I never found dreadnought to be a common ship name, but that could just be me)

I have to ask though, were did you get the notion that by ship design I meant subclass difference? (either I typed wrong or you assumed, and I don't want it to be the first)

I must say, I'm more upset the ships are by private companies than nations, just for the sake of the story, but it may turn into something like in Avatar with the war/mining company, and have like 3/4 fighting for these planets (why a mining operation should ever require that ordnance is insane, but it has happened in history and shall again perhaps?)

About the story: well yes, both Grey Goo and Dreadnought are published by Grey Box, but Dreadnought is developed by Yager while Grey Goo has been developed by Petroglyph Games. Also, as far as I know, Dan Abnett, the story writter for Dreadnought, has not being involved in the Grey Goo development (but if someone can confirm this, is better ^^ ). So, personally, I don't think there will be a so direct connection (lore side) within these games.

About the word Dreadnought: sorry, I did not meant that Dreadnought is a common ship name, but that is a word often used in videogames (both sci-fi and fantasy genre) for classes, talents, skills etc etc

About the ships sub-classes: no, you didn't talk about sub-classes. I have done it in order to give you a better overall information =)

17 Août 2015 11:08

Nonetheless it may still connect together, as there have been clues everywhere, from art styles to key words.

That's some mighty fine detective work! Sadly I have to (though I don't want to) burst your bubble and tell you they're not in the same universe.

17 Août 2015 16:16

Mis à jour //
17 Août 2015 16:20

I'm all for faction-like backstories, kinda like in PS2 the different factions, futuristic, engineers and military.

For the Dreadnought that would mean:

• Futuristic: House Oberon - Archon class, sleek, white, Space-Audi

But I can't really decide between the other 2 Dreadnoughts then.

• the glorious, Zmey, the superb submarine of the Spaceships, the beautiful Destroyer of Corvettes, the Bringer of Doom and outstanding Conqueror of the worlds seems to be more the kind of maybe Engineer-Style (simple and practical)

• the big, bulky and unhandy, very slow Monarch with poor maneuverability seems to be the more Military-type ship, I guess? Big, bulky, can tank a lot of damage, can dish out quite much damage. Skull on the front?

Dreadnought - & - Tac. Cruiser

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. -5:40(!spoiler)

18 Août 2015 09:27

irishrOy#2575 posted (#post-5141)

I'm all for faction-like backstories, kinda like in PS2 the different factions, futuristic, engineers and military.

I have to say, I prefer the Corporation future with mercenary and private security companies.

18 Août 2015 09:53

Mis à jour //
18 Août 2015 20:46

Drakane#2657 posted (#post-5114)

Nonetheless it may still connect together, as there have been clues everywhere, from art styles to key words.

That's some mighty fine detective work! Sadly I have to (though I don't want to) burst your bubble and tell you they're not in the same universe.
I have a really hard time trying to find ways they don't tie together then do.Everything just fits together so nicely, why not just go with it? Not like you'll have to change the story much, just have the captain deliver some von neuman goop and pirates attack or something, that'd be enough for me. Ok ill give and say, the characters and stories will never cross paths in this game, as the time is much much further before the "pathfinder program" than anyone would think. I'm going to stick with it that theirs something more to this than meets the eye however

18 Août 2015 10:07

Mis à jour //
18 Août 2015 10:07

irishrOy#2575 posted (#post-5141)

• the glorious, Zmey, the superb submarine of the Spaceships, the beautiful Destroyer of Corvettes, the Bringer of Doom and outstanding Conqueror of the worlds seems to be more the kind of maybe Engineer-Style (simple and practical)

You really like the Zmey.

Sherogorat and IrishrOy after a good nuke

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.