FORUMS

Space Engine

Posté: //
26 Août 2015 04:54

Because alpha is a bit far,I have found a 3D simulation of space with all planets of the known universe.Personally I love space and since many of us here do why not sharing it?

Space Engine

You can see planets,moons,asteroids,black holes,the mountains,the volcanoes and everything[maybe alliens too smile ]
in amazing graphics

• All types of celestial objects are represented: galaxies, nebulae, stars and star clusters, planets and moons, comets and asteroids.
  • Known celestial objects are represented using data from the catalogs: galaxies (NGC/IC), stars (HIPPARCOS), star clusters, nebulae, planets (our Solar system data and known extrasolar planets).
  • Uncharted regions of space feature procedurally generated objects: galaxies, stars, star clusters, nebulae and planetary systems.
  • The observer is free to move around the universe. Transition between any celestial body and any scale occurs seamlessly.
  • The observer can move around in space using the WASD keys, like in First Person Shooters. Movement with inertia is made possible in Spacecraft mode or Aircraft mode.
  • Search for celestial objects by name. Search for stars in a radius around you. Scalable map of the Universe and a planetary system browser. Saving locations and autopilot's journal.
  • The orbital motion of planets and stars is calculated in real time, with the ability to accelerate, decelerate, or reverse the flow of time.
  • Display of orbital paths of celestial objects, their rotation and motion vectors, labels and markers, celestial grid, current selection pointer and user velocity vector.
  • Volumetric 3D models of galaxies and nebulae with interstellar dust clouds.
  • 3D landscapes of planets and stars: for many solar system bodies actual data from space probes is used; for uncharted and procedural planets the surface is generated procedurally on the GPU.
  • Controllable space ships (alpha).
  • Ability to import user addons: models, textures, catalogs.

approved by moderator

Dreadnought Wikia

26 Août 2015 07:05

Bookmarked for later (can't look at it well on mobile phone)

26 Août 2015 07:44

Mis à jour //
26 Août 2015 07:50

edit: Ah, I thought you were talking about space-engines and different kinds of propulsion smile
Buuut: Ok, so far so good. This seems really awesomecool, too!
I would be downloading it right now, if it was possible!

You can even see black holes? Or can't you see black holes? ^^
Dayum, black holes are cool stuff, possible time-travel if you could escape one, maybe a black hole is a wormhole, who knows smile

I really like that their minimum PC-requirements are rather "low", so most PCs, even some potatos should be able to run the game "just" fine. I mean, 512MB of VRam for minium smile Most cards today have ~2-4GB, up to 8GB (Yeah, I got 16x the minimum, I have to pose around, 8GB of VRam smile I didn't like how NVidia "trolled" their own marketing team with that "4GB" of VRam that are actually 3.5 :p (3.5 is totally fine for now and can run all games' textures on high/ultra, but when I invest in a PC-part, I want it to live long and prosper, so I don't have to upgrade for another longer time)

Dreadnought - & - Tac. Cruiser

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. -5:40(!spoiler)

26 Août 2015 07:56

Mis à jour //
26 Août 2015 07:59

there is just a installation problem you need to download the previous version,copy the files,download the latest version and put them there

see the installation steps on the site

of course you can see black holes

Dreadnought Wikia

26 Août 2015 08:18

Ah, thanks for the tip.

Downloading right nao!

26 Août 2015 08:28

You also overwrite existing files.

Dreadnought Wikia

26 Août 2015 08:34

wat?

Yeah, when installing a new patch I overwrite files, right? I thought that's normal and intended.

31 Août 2015 14:15

Oh, Space Engine. Glorious Space Engine. I found that about a year ago through a Youtube video. It's a really amazing space observatory. Is that the right word for it? Dunno.

Any ways, really cool program, check this out guys. smile

JB Logo Cute little thingy-thing

10 Mars 2017 17:21

Mis à jour //
10 Mars 2017 17:39

Who the f*ck is the user "NEWNEWNEW#5344" and how does he dare to post stupic posts to annoy me with eMail notifications?

JB Logo Cute little thingy-thing

Ce forum est restreint, les posts ne peuvent y être créés.