Because alpha is a bit far,I have found a 3D simulation of space with all planets of the known universe.Personally I love space and since many of us here do why not sharing it?
You can see planets,moons,asteroids,black holes,the mountains,the volcanoes and everything[maybe alliens too ]
in amazing graphics
- All types of celestial objects are represented: galaxies, nebulae, stars and star clusters, planets and moons, comets and asteroids.
- Known celestial objects are represented using data from the catalogs: galaxies (NGC/IC), stars (HIPPARCOS), star clusters, nebulae, planets (our Solar system data and known extrasolar planets).
- Uncharted regions of space feature procedurally generated objects: galaxies, stars, star clusters, nebulae and planetary systems.
- The observer is free to move around the universe. Transition between any celestial body and any scale occurs seamlessly.
- The observer can move around in space using the WASD keys, like in First Person Shooters. Movement with inertia is made possible in Spacecraft mode or Aircraft mode.
- Search for celestial objects by name. Search for stars in a radius around you. Scalable map of the Universe and a planetary system browser. Saving locations and autopilot's journal.
- The orbital motion of planets and stars is calculated in real time, with the ability to accelerate, decelerate, or reverse the flow of time.
- Display of orbital paths of celestial objects, their rotation and motion vectors, labels and markers, celestial grid, current selection pointer and user velocity vector.
- Volumetric 3D models of galaxies and nebulae with interstellar dust clouds.
- 3D landscapes of planets and stars: for many solar system bodies actual data from space probes is used; for uncharted and procedural planets the surface is generated procedurally on the GPU.
- Controllable space ships (alpha).
- Ability to import user addons: models, textures, catalogs.
approved by moderator