General Discussion

Join us on Discord as we play the game and talk all things ‪‎Grey Goo‬.

State of the Game Report - February 13, 2015

Posted
Feb 12, 2015 at 07:29 PM UTC 
Last updated
Feb 17, 2015 at 08:17 PM UTC

Hi Grey Goo Community!

This is a more official response to all of the questions coming up regarding performance and bug related issues that you've seen since the game launched, and what we're doing about them.

First, we have indeed been working on the next game update, but have had some difficulties in finalizing it. We've had to evaluate the integrity of each item, which has pushed the update's release back a bit. We hoped it would be out this week, but that obviously is not going to happen. We're now targeting for an update later next week... if all goes well with our final testing.

We've been listening to your feedback, even if we haven't had time to respond to each post. We have been taking that feedback into account when game changes are planned. This includes how we are resolving issues in matchmaking, disconnects, regional limitations, and performance related concerns. I'm happy to report that we have made progress on all of these.

So what is in the next update? Here are the immediate highlights (more will be listed in the update notes):

• Region lock restrictions lifted with in-game toggle
  • Ability to rejoin a game after being dropped

• Increased server disconnect delay timer:

Disconnect timer

A screenshot of the region lock checkbox:

Region lock checkbox

And a screenshot of the 'Search Expanded' indicator:

Region lock indicator

Keep in mind that not all reported issues will make this next update, including many of the FPS/lag concerns. Those are still being worked on and we expect more progress for them in the following couple of updates. Related to future updates, we are also working on a new public process that will involve the community in these changes, more on that soon as well.

If you are having any game related issues, please submit a support ticket to our support desk so they can either resolve a localized problem, or get more information on your system's hardware that may help us to resolve a wider range of player concerns:

http://support.greybox.com

If you have any questions about the upcoming update, let us know here on this post!

Mathew "Berek" Anderson
Grey Goo Community Manager
http://www.greygoo.com

Don't forget to join the game's Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube pages for more updates!

Posted
Feb 13, 2015 at 04:13 PM UTC 

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to the patch.

Just one quick question: Will this patch include a fix to the people DCing to avoid losses?

Posted
Feb 13, 2015 at 04:20 PM UTC 
Last updated
Feb 13, 2015 at 04:22 PM UTC

Protatoe posted (#post-18141)

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to the patch.

Just one quick question: Will this patch include a fix to the people DCing to avoid losses?

Yes. We're making changes to make this less feasible. We are also considering a ladder reset once this change goes live for this very reason.

Mike McGehee
Associate QA Manager
Grey Box
www.GreyGoo.com

Posted
Feb 13, 2015 at 04:29 PM UTC 
Last updated
Feb 13, 2015 at 05:10 PM UTC

Posted
Feb 13, 2015 at 05:17 PM UTC 

Awesome news. I like the worldwide search toggle!

Posted
Feb 13, 2015 at 05:18 PM UTC 

Good to hear that you are working on the game guys! (A little bit slow IMO, but who am I to judge? :) )
Have you guys digged into balance discussions and will you be doing something balance-related in this/next patches?

Posted
Feb 13, 2015 at 05:19 PM UTC 

verdi posted (#post-18143)

i love it!

any eta? :)

"We hoped it would be out this week, but that obviously is not going to happen. We're now targeting for an update later next week... if all goes well with our final testing." bro :)

Posted
Feb 13, 2015 at 05:39 PM UTC 

Im really happy to see some work done on the lag and disconnect issues. Ive been enjoying playing the game, but it seams like there may be some balance issues as well cough offensive walls cough. Is there any work being done on a balance patch to try and fix some of the abusive gameplay we are seeing on the ladder?

Posted
Feb 13, 2015 at 05:42 PM UTC 

Exactly what we all wanted to hear. Thanks.

Posted
Feb 13, 2015 at 05:50 PM UTC 

xXGalahad1994Xx posted (#post-18151)

verdi posted (#post-18143)

i love it!

any eta? :)

"We hoped it would be out this week, but that obviously is not going to happen. We're now targeting for an update later next week... if all goes well with our final testing." bro :)

thanks again ... i wasnt reading right! again thank you for the pointer :D

Register or login to create a topic or post a reply.