Issues & Support

Join us on Discord as we play the game and talk all things ‪‎Grey Goo‬.

Can't continue my first playthrough because I can't load the old saves anymore

Posted
Dec. 29, 2017, 11:25 a.m.

I played the Steam version of Grey Goo a long time ago. A few months back or so I wanted to start playing again, but my old savegames where apparantly gone. I figured they were lost when I switched to a new PC (well, technically it is still all on a more or less exact copy from my old hard drive that moved to an SSD and then later into a new PC)

Today, on awhim, I tried playing a game, and this time Steam informed me that the local and cloud state of my savegames was inconsistent. I restored the ones from the cloud, happy I could continue where I left so long ago.

The savegames do appear in my list, but I can't actually load them. Some googling suggests that the update containing the Shroud made the old savegames incompatible.

But I really don't feel like playing through all the missions again, I really just wanted to finish the storyline and then try the addon with the Shourd.

Is there a way to get the savegames working again?
Or Is there a way to get savegames from the later mission elsewhere?
Or is there a way to get the campaign in state where it thinks I did the missions I already did and let me just restart the last mission I was playing at?
I think the last missions I played were Barricade and The Aparture Device (at least going by my old savegame list).

Posted
Dec. 29, 2017, 2:13 p.m.

Hello MUSTRUMRIDCULLY!

As much as we'd love to help you resolve this, if your cloud saves did not restore your save points there isn't much we can do to help remedy this. In this situation the only thing we can suggest is to play through the missions again.

--
Grey Box Customer Support

Restricted

Register or
LOGIN
to create a topic or post a reply.