RiME Creative Contest
Are you ready to flex your creative muscles? Well, the RiME creative contest begins today! To enter, all you have to do is share your RiME-influenced creation with us, whether it be painted, sketched, or even played on an instrument! Put your all into it, and show us how moved or excited you are for RiME. We're looking for creativity, emotion, uniqueness/originality and a little bit of complexity in your creation!
There is plenty of time to enter; we'll be closing entries at 1:00 PM CDT on May 17th, and announcing the winners on or before June 1st, 2017.
- Open to residents of the United States, Canada (excluding Quebec), European Union, Iceland, Norway, and Switzerland 13 years or older (as of April 7th, 2017).
- Login or sign-up for a Grey Box account. Please make sure you provide accurate information, as we'll use that information to contact winners.
- Create an original and unique piece. (Only 1 submission per person)
- Upload your creation to a 3rd-party source such as Imgur or Soundcloud
- Submit your creation on our Contest Thread.
- Cheer on and celebrate others' creations.
RiMETM Creative Community Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The RiMETM Creative Community contest (the “Contest”) is a contest for the interactive entertainment product currently known as RiMETM (the “Game”).
1. Sponsor. The Contest is sponsored by Grey Box, a division of Redux! Games, LLC, (“Sponsor”), located at 2415 W Alabama St #208, Houston, TX 77098, United States of America.
2. Eligibility. The Contest is open to residents of the United States, Canada (excluding Quebec), European Union, Iceland, Norway, and Switzerland who are thirteen (13) years or older as of April 7, 2017 (“Participant”). If Participant is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction, Participant must have the permission of a parent (or both parents where required by law) or legal guardian to enter the Contest. Void in embargoed locations, where translation or bonding is required, and where otherwise prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, Six Foot, LLC, Tequila Works s.l., and each of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials (collectively, “Program Entities”), and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to enter. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, Participant certifies that he or she is eligible to enter and further agrees to be bound by these official rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of the judges and/or Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this Contest. By participating, Participant also agrees that many entries are expected and that only a few will win.
3. Contest Period. Contest begins at 1:00 p.m CDT on April 7, 2017, and ends at 1:00 p.m. CDT on May 17, 2017 (“Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computers, located in Central Daylight Time, are the official time-keeping device for the Program. All entries must be submitted during the Contest Period according to the computer time on Sponsor’s server. Any entries submitted after 1:00 p.m. CDT on May 17, 2017 will not be considered. Winners will be announced on or before June 1st, 2017.
4. How to Enter. Beginning on April 7, 2017, Participants can enter the contest by posting a reply to the Contest post on the Grey Box forums (“Entry Method”), and providing the requested information. All persons who have properly entered by the entry deadline shall be considered “Registered Participants.”
A Grey Box account is required to post in the Game’s forums at the link provided above. Grey Box accounts may be created by going to http://www.greybox.com/register . All contact information provided in a Participant’s Grey Box account must be current, accurate and valid. No other methods of entry will be accepted. This information includes email address, birth date, country of origin, and time zone.
One (1) entry per natural person. If Sponsor determines that a Participant has entered the Contest more than once, the Participant will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Registered Participant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest. Any submission of robotic, automatic, or programmed entries, or any entries submitted through other unapproved methods are void. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false or fraudulent. Program Entities are not responsible for incomplete, late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, corrupted, garbled, illegible, or unintelligible submissions and those submissions are void and will not be accepted. Program Entities are also not responsible for any problems, bugs or malfunctions Registered Participants may encounter in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, when seeking to enter their submissions. Participants are solely responsible for compliance with these Official Rules and any other terms and conditions that may apply.
Each Participant must follow the Entry Method procedure outlined on the Contest Thread (the “Contest Thread”). The entry must include the following (collectively the “Entry Requirements”):
i. A link to one piece of original artwork created by Participant based upon the game currently known as RiME.
Entries that do not follow the Entry Method procedure outlined on the Contest Thread will not be considered. Entries that do not include all the required Entry Requirements will not be included.
5. Additional Contest Terms:
· Entries that do not reply directly to the Contest Thread in the Game’s forums but instead reply to another Participant’s entry will not be considered. Entries that do not include the Entry Requirements above will not be considered.
· Images and audio files must be hosted on a third-party website such as imgur.com, soundcloud.com or any third- party photo or audio hosting site of your choice.
· Participants that “save a spot” by commenting in the Contest Thread without having completed the submission requirements set out above with the intention to come back at a later time to edit their comment with the submission requirements will be disqualified. Participants may not edit their entry comments; edited entries will not be considered. Placement of an entry comment in the Contest Thread will not help determine the winning entries in any way; an entry higher or lower in the Contest Thread will not increase or decrease a Participant’s chances of winning.
- Contest Winners, Prize and Winner Notification. Three (3) Registered Participants who have submitted a complete entry prior to the end of the Contest Period will be chosen by a panel of employees of Sponsor at its sole discretion. Each entry shall be judged based upon the following criteria: Creativity (35%), Emotional Conveyance (30%), Uniqueness/Originality (20%), and Complexity (7.5%), Skill (7.5%). The judging panel shall consist of one member of each of the following Sponsor Departments: Community, Creative, Marketing, Quality Assurance, and one Director (collectively the “Judges”). One (1) grand prize winner will receive an Amazon gift card with stated value of One Thousand Five Hundred US Dollars (US$1,500.00). One (1) second prize winner will receive an Amazon gift card with a stated value of Seven Hundred Fifty US Dollars (US$750.00). One (1) third prize winner will receive an Amazon gift card with a stated value of Five Hundred US Dollars ($500.00). The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received and the relative skill of the entrants. The decision of Sponsor and the Judges is final and binding with respect to all matters related to the contest.
Winners will be notified at the email address provided by the Participant in their Grey Box Account (“Notification”). To claim a prize, winners should follow the instructions contained in their Notification. Allow two (2) weeks for delivery of prizes. Prizes that are not collected and/or activated within any time limitations provided by Sponsor will be considered expired and are not collectable.
If a winner does not respond to the Notification within seventy-two (72) hours of the initial Notification, Sponsor may choose another third-place winner and the applicable remaining winners shall be moved accordingly. For example, if the grand prize winner does not respond to the Notification within seventy-two (72) hours of the initial Notification, the second-place winner becomes the grand prize winner, the third-place winner becomes the second-place winner, and the fourth highest scoring entry will become the new third-place winner.
The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a publicity release (collectively “the Prize Claim Documents”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
7. Sponsor Ownership of Entries/Publicity. All entries and materials submitted to Sponsor in connection with the Contest (collectively, “Entry Materials”), along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated therewith, shall become the sole property of Sponsor upon submission, and Entry Materials will not be returned to any entrant. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Participant acknowledges that Sponsor will own all rights to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit the Entry Materials in perpetuity throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to Participant or any other person or entity. Participant agrees to take, at Sponsor’s expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor’s ownership rights as set forth above in this paragraph. Upon submission of the Entry Materials to Sponsor, Sponsor shall grant Participant a limited, perpetual, non-exclusive, revocable license to use and display the Entry Materials solely for Participant’s personal, non-commercial uses, including but not limited to displaying the Entry Materials on personal non-commercial web pages and social media.
8. Prize Conditions. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of a prize, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Prizes will be awarded through an activation code to be redeemed on Amazon’s website at http://www.amazon.com. Participant is solely responsible for any other unspecified expenses and costs related to a prize, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and local taxes on the prize. If Participant is unable to accept the prize or any portion of the prize for any reason, or fails to sign and return any Prize Claim Documents, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Participant. Additional restrictions may apply to the issuance or redemption of any prizes. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen activation codes, vouchers or certificates.
All activities related to the prize, are at the Participants’ own risk and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern those activities. Participants are not entitled to any surplus between actual retail value of a prize and stated ARV and any difference between stated ARV and actual value of the prize will not be awarded. If a prize is awarded but goes unclaimed or is forfeited by recipient, that prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate Participant will be selected. Program Entities or any of prize suppliers are not responsible for, and will not replace, any lost, late, misdirected, damaged or stolen prizes.
9. Limitation of Liability. By participating, each Registered Participant agrees that the Sponsor and Program Entities and each of their respective parents, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and licensees, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, officers, directors, contractors, advertising and promotion agencies, agents and representatives (collectively, the "Released Parties") are not responsible or liable for, and shall be released and held harmless from: (i) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, human or technical error, or difficulties of any kind; (ii) any printing, human, typographical or other errors or ambiguities in (or involving) any materials associated with the Contest; and (iii) any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and action of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Contest, including without limitation, property damage or possession, acceptance and use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity.
You may reside in a jurisdiction that affords you significantly broader rights in your jurisdiction, by which Sponsor will accept and abide.
For European Union residents only, nothing in these Official Rules shall limit or exclude the statutory liability of the Sponsor, its representatives and vicarious agents (a) for injuries to life, body or health, (b) for damages caused with intent or gross negligence, (c) in the event of fraudulent misrepresentation, or (d) for any other liability that the laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside do not allow to be excluded or limited. In the event of damages to property and financial damages caused by the negligence of the Sponsor and/or Program Entities, its representatives or vicarious agents, such party shall be liable only in the event of a violation of a contractual core duty, however limited to the amount of the damage which was foreseeable at the time of conclusion of the contract and typically taking into account the nature of the contract. Contractual core duties are such duties whose accomplishment enables proper fulfillment of an agreement and whose observance the contracting parties may regularly rely on.
10. General Terms and Conditions. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Contest and acceptance of a prize constitutes Participant’s permission for the Program Entities to use his/her name, Contest Entry, likeness, biographical information, and/or any statements made by Participant regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation.
Sponsor and Program Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the Contest at any time for any reason, including, without limitation, if a computer virus, bug or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper conduct of the Contest, strikes, lock-outs, acts of God, technical difficulties, and other events not within the reasonable control of Program Entities. If the Contest is terminated before the designated end date, Program Entities will (if possible) select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination.
Sponsor and Program Entities reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual or Participant they find to be tampering with the process or the operation of the Contest; to be attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices; to be acting in violation of the these Official Rules, applicable regulations or any other terms applicable to participation in the Contest; to be violating a third party’s copyright or trademark rights; or to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any Representative or Applicant. Program Entities may suspend or discontinue the Contest if, in their sole opinion, there is any actual or suspected tampering of the Contest, or any other malfunction, event or activity that may affect the integrity of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest, in its sole discretion, should it receive fewer than fifteen (15) entries or due to circumstances beyond its control, including natural disasters.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
You may reside in a jurisdiction that affords you significantly broader rights in your jurisdiction, by which Sponsor will accept and abide.
Amazon.com is not a sponsor of this promotion. Except as required by law, Amazon.com Gift Cards ("GCs") cannot be transferred for value or redeemed for cash. GCs may be used only for purchases of eligible goods at Amazon.com or certain of its affiliated websites. For complete terms and conditions, see www.amazon.com/gc-legal. GCs are issued by ACI Gift Cards LLC, a Washington corporation. All Amazon ® ,™ & © are IP of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. No expiration date or service fees.
11. Governing Law: The internal laws of the State of Texas and the laws of the United States of America will govern disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Contest.
12. Dispute Resolution: Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Contest (including without limitation, any alleged violation of these Official Rules, any controversy relating to the arbitrability of any dispute, or any claim that the Contest, or any part thereof, is invalid, illegal or otherwise voidable or void) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration to be held solely in Houston, Texas, United States of America, under the auspices of the American Arbitration Association and pursuant to its Commercial Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures; (b) any and all claims, judgments, liabilities and/or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred; and (c) under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and participants hereby waive, all rights to claim, punitive, special, incidental and/or consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Judgment upon the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. This arbitration provision shall be deemed to be self-executing, and in the event that either party fails to appear at any properly noticed arbitration proceeding, an award may be entered against such party notwithstanding said failure to appear. In no event shall a participant seek or be entitled to rescission, injunctive or other equitable relief, or to enjoin or restrain the operation of this Contest or any product or service of Sponsor or any Program Entity; Participant hereby waives any and all rights to seek or obtain any such equitable relief, including, without limitation to enjoin or restrain the operation of this Contest or any product or service of Sponsor or any Program Entity.
14. Official Rules and Winners List. For a copy of these Official Rules or a list of the winner(s), send your request in a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “RiME Creative Community contest” c/o Grey Box, a division of Redux! Games, LLC, 2415 W Alabama St #208, Houston, TX 77098, United States of America. Requests must be received within ninety (90) days of the end of the Contest.
Copyright © 2017 Grey Box. All rights reserved. RiME and the RiME logo are trademarks of Grey Box.