Original orchestral composition for RiME Creative Contest

Posted:
May 17, 2017, 12:23 a.m.

Hi all! This is my submission for the RiME Creative Contest that has been about two weeks in the making (composer's block is always fun).

https://soundcloud.com/benjaminmyers/a-lonely-boys-lament-rime-competition-entry

Some information on how I came about composing this song:

My process for this composition was after watching through the gameplay trailers a few times I started to realize that the the boy's call has a musical tonality to it, with the call being a half step down from e to f or there about. From that I built a song that attempted to mimic the call of the power and the emotive loneliness he must feel having washed up on shore with no one around. I also kept the song within A minor due to the actual music playing over top of the first 27 minutes in the IGN first trailer being set in that key to keep some semblance of similarity between the fantastic original score and my own composition which is influenced quite heavily by my personal taste. All in all though I had a really fun time composing this and can't wait for the game!

Posted:
May 17, 2017, 4:26 a.m.

Benmyersmusic#5771 posted (#post-1767)

Hi all! This is my submission for the RiME Creative Contest that has been about two weeks in the making (composer's block is always fun).

https://soundcloud.com/benjaminmyers/a-lonely-boys-lament-rime-competition-entry

Some information on how I came about composing this song:

My process for this composition was after watching through the gameplay trailers a few times I started to realize that the the boy's call has a musical tonality to it, with the call being a half step down from e to f or there about. From that I built a song that attempted to mimic the call of the power and the emotive loneliness he must feel having washed up on shore with no one around. I also kept the song within A minor due to the actual music playing over top of the first 27 minutes in the IGN first trailer being set in that key to keep some semblance of similarity between the fantastic original score and my own composition which is influenced quite heavily by my personal taste. All in all though I had a really fun time composing this and can't wait for the game!

Nice! Great talent!

samcube.net // @SamCube_Draws

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.