Inverted camera: No X-Axis

Posted:
May 31, 2017, 4:19 p.m.
Last Updated:
June 5, 2017, 9:06 a.m.

Hi!

Been a follower of RiME's progress for the past few weeks and I actually got very excited when it came out last week. Today I finally bought my PS4 copy, ready to enjoy it smile

But to my dismay, I learned when I started to get control of the boy that the camera options do not include the inverted X-Axis, only the Y one. More and more games tend to do that lately (Horizon Zero Dawn one of the most recent cases, although I hear it's been recently updated with the X-Axis option, kudos to them).

In any case, many people including myself invert both axis when playing 3rd person games, and not having these options can impact quite negatively in our gaming experience. Could RiME have the inverted X-axis option be added in the near future?

I can't wait to play this game without having to worry about this. Cheers and thanks in advance!

Posted:
June 5, 2017, 9:08 a.m.

Ummm... is there a reason why this thread is overlooked? I see all the other "Support" issues being addressed. All but this one -_-

Posted:
June 5, 2017, 11:40 a.m.

Hey there Calick,

Sorry that you felt overlooked! That was not our intention at all, I just missed the question in the post!

At this time we do not have any plans to update the console versions of RiME.

Again, I am sorry for any delay in this!

Thanks

Tim "Dariuas" Slager
RiME Community Manager

Posted:
June 5, 2017, 1:53 p.m.

Oh, that's a bummer... Well, just in case, please have this request duly noted in case an update is needed in the future. In the meantime, I'll wait, hoping to play the game one day with a proper camera smile

Thanks for your attention anyway

Posted:
Nov. 14, 2017, 10 p.m.

There needs to be an option to invert the X axis. Period. It can't possibly be that difficult to program an update for that and push it to the consoles! Just downloaded it on the Switch and I'm not forcing myself to relearn muscle memory and what feels normal to me because of a serious oversight on your part that nearly EVERY other game has an option for.

Posted:
Nov. 18, 2017, 5:42 a.m.

Please add x-axis inversion. Without RiME is unplayable for me. I was really looking forward to playing it, but I can't do it if I'm going to get headaches the entire time because the camera won't do what I expect it to do.

Posted:
Nov. 25, 2017, noon

I wholeheartedly agree with the users above. Inverted x axis would really make this game more playable for many players. I love the environment and game type but my whole experience is made much less enjoyable because of the camera. Please please please! Add the option to invert x axis camera on nintendo switchs built! I hope you consider it. Thanks

Posted:
Jan. 1, 2018, 9:44 a.m.

Hi there,

This game looks awesome, but I'm like the previous posters an x-axis inverter when it comes to camera controls. I'm from the N64 era...

Can anyone from development say if anything has changed since June 2017? Could a patch be on its way? For me this is a buy or buy-not option.

Regards,
Richard.

Posted:
June 11, 2018, 12:59 p.m.
Last Updated:
June 11, 2018, 1:45 p.m.

I really hope the option will be added to the game.
So far I try to play with the not inverted x-axis on Nintendo Switch, but it only works, if I concentrate on it. I'd be really glad, if you could add the option of inverting the x-axis in a future update. And it seems like I'm not the only one asking for it.

I really like what I saw so far and I could enjoy the game a lot more.

Posted:
June 12, 2018, 12:31 p.m.

Aojishi#1628 posted (#post-6663) said:

I really hope the option will be added to the game.
So far I try to play with the not inverted x-axis on Nintendo Switch, but it only works, if I concentrate on it. I'd be really glad, if you could add the option of inverting the x-axis in a future update. And it seems like I'm not the only one asking for it.

I really like what I saw so far and I could enjoy the game a lot more.

Hey Aojishi! We appreciate your feedback. As stated earlier on this thread, we do not have any future plans to add anything else to the game. We thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we hope you're enjoying RiME!

VAQSeeN - Games Technical Support Agent

Having game/tech issues? Submit a support ticket here!

Closed